Menu

My son did a cool and fun thing….

27 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Having read the whole thing, that is so cool.

I have a kid who has been obsessed with chess since he could toddle over to the board, and began playing his first games when he was 3.  By the time he was 9 nobody in the house would play against him so he began playing the computer.  It was the first app he downloaded when he got a phone in his tweens. If he got to play an adult, in the park, and won, he'd be beaming from ear to ear.  It would make his whole week, especially as he replayed it in his head/on a board to exploit weaknesses "for a rematch". 😄We really hoped he would find a community in a team, but that wasn't to be.  He would be thrilled to play a human who wanted to match him, though.  And in Central Park?  He'd be through the roof!

That’s awesome! Maybe some day he will get a chance to do that. He sounds like a very good chess player.

Oh, no!

I would have laughed. We made such a big deal out of the kids’ first time wins in all types of games, often over-exaggerating my reaction to being beaten. All in good fun, and proud of their achievement!  
The way my kids would say “Beat an old man at chess” would most definitely require one of any happy, cheeky text emoji responses! Especially since stating “old man” would be cheeky to begin with.

• Like 5

I think that’s pretty awesome! Your son must be really good at chess. I love Searching for Bobby Fisher! 

I haven’t played in years but I remember how difficult it was. Your son should be proud and so should you! 💙🩵

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EKS said:

I would have given you a laughing emoji because I thought it was funny and cool at the same time.

I think it is ridiculous the way some people here use the laughing emoji to indicate that they think what the person said was stupid or lame or whatever.  Honestly, those people should go rot somewhere.

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, marbel said:

I suppose someone may have removed their response; I don't know if that's possible. I know it can be changed.

The response emoji can be removed. I had accidentally click on the response emoji before and it was harder to remove than to change. 

• Like 3

What your son did was both cool and kind! I would have been amused at the phrasing and probably used a laugh emoji if I had seen the original post. 

Sending all the things. ❤️‍🩹🤗🍫🍷💐❤️‍🩹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1