Menu

Jeans for tall teen?

KatieJ

American Tall—they have stuff for a range of tall heights/lengths/proportions. My teenage boy is on the low side of truly tall but has really long legs and is super thin. His pants from there look really nice on him. The site gives quite a few measurements and fit descriptions for guidance.

Surprisingly, Amazon has had some stuff, but it often takes longer to get it. I haven’t needed to look for stuff for women though on there. If you try stuff for upcoming Prime Days, just realize they have free returns on tons of stuff, but they don’t do exchanges. You might have to order more sizes than you’ll actually end up needing and keeping what fits.

It depends on waist, hip and inseam length. Also, if the waist and hip fit, the sales staff is usually willing to help check their inventory for the required inseam length. We have an outlet mall near us so we went to every store there. I saw many long jeans (even in size 24 and under) at Nordstrom Rack so if you have one near you, worth checking out to see which model fits. 

Thanks everyone!

I won’t be the one shopping for her , just told her I would get some  places to start her shopping saga.

She is starting a new job and needs new jeans ASAP. 

Places like Old Navy and Kohls are good to try so she can at least get an idea of the size she wants for waist, but she'll likely have to order online.

I've gone with Old Navy and Amazon has Levi's online in tall lengths. It really does depend on inseam length and also on the sort of jeans she's getting on where she wants the hem to it.

Fwiw, many/most talls are 32” inseams. Standard inseam is 28-29 1/2”.

(Teen) Dd says Madewell has a few that go up to 33” inseam, Asos has a couple 34-38”, Wrangler has two pair that go up to 38”. She says Asos is the best bet for stylish jeans (ie wide leg).