Menu

April craft thread

Hi, Melissa! I'm glad to see you. I finished a hat that my dd requested. It fits well (lucky, since I didn't do a gauge swatch), and the pattern was the perfect level of interesting but not difficult - good for read aloud audiobook time in the evenings.

PXL_20240417_134844645.jpg

Edited by Miss Tick
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Some more bookmarks ~

The first I made as a thank you for @bookbard  who kindly sent me one of her favorite fantasy books.

Front:

20240320_094929.thumb.jpg.dd0b9678cfa99bb67cd9cd15828bf10f.jpg

Back:

20240320_094938.thumb.jpg.e51bf45bf8754b53d19cb3ad492eadb3.jpg

The next I made for @chocolate-chip chooky whose daughter may well spend some more time in Korea.

Front:

20240320_094856.thumb.jpg.4ced0daca4b59b91b904db38598d2578.jpg

Back:

20240320_094904.thumb.jpg.a975b39efc7783758eca149e94f6a976.jpg

The last I made for a woman in my local book group who loves to travel.

Front:

20240320_094912.thumb.jpg.8f6cdb147d7935b42207cb95239fa6e3.jpg

Back:

20240320_094919.thumb.jpg.bb39c4444ba35506b8975b42d38bfaf6.jpg

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I am still finishing the hand stitching on the Halloween quilt. It has been very time intensive. As soon as that is done, hopefully Thursday or Friday, I am making a blitz of simple baby quilts 30"x36" (76 cm x 91 cm) for the NICU. They have asked for 100% cotton quilts with low loft batting and no flannel. Apparently anything fluffy/fuzzy is easy for babies to catch their stitches on. They also asked for pastels/low stimulus colors and patterns. A bunch of quilt stores have a contest going to see how many they can collect. So I am in the contest for the store I frequent the most. I have a layer cake in tiny, pastel florals that I think I can get 3, maybe 4 quilts out of since I have pastel solids to put with it for washing and boarders. I have a set of fat quarters with farm animals all in very pale blue, cream, peach, yellow, and pale pale green. I can get two quilts out of that if I supplement with solids. Then I am going to go through my stash and see if I have some woodland animals in mostly neutral and pastel colors that I can use. I have a massive piece of quilt backing that is just tone on tone cream, and I will use that for backs for all of them. My hope is to make 8 quilts. I figure between that and all the gardening, I am going to be very busy. 

The parents really appreciate special things for their little ones when they can't come home for a long time. Our grandson had some very cute things given to him when he was in the NICU for a month, so I want to give back and make sure the nurses have a nice stash. The goal between the quilt stores is to donate 500 quilts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have not crafted in I don’t know how long! But our organization is having a craft fair and we’re a little skimpy on vendors. Plus I hurt my back, so gardening and spring cleaning are on hold.

SO, I hauled out my supplies (well, the kids lifted) and started churning out mini wax melts. The concept is basic scents in tiny hearts so anyone can create blends at home without becoming their own messy factory. Or just use them straight because they’re cute. I’ll add a picture when I get back to work later.

Of course now my house smells like bizarre combinations of things, which is why my motivation to do this fizzled out when I was originally collecting materials!

• Like 4