• plan dinner
  • get ds through his homework
  • violin
  • set up the week calendar when available
  • paint the WE first aid bags
  • Like 6

Good morning! 

8 weeks of school left for Ds.
4 weeks of lacrosse. (Hoping football workouts are running in May!)

Boy is at school and I am reheating some coffee. Cloudy and warm here. 

Later:
Tutor online ✔️ 
Give the dog his med ✔️ 
Do Bible study
Library ✔️ 
Post Office
Apply for jobs? ✔️ 
After school pick up - drop off at practice. ✔️ 
Grocery for three things. ✔️ 
Read

Dinner is poppyseed chx, green veg tbd, and salad. Making an extra to take to a luncheon tomorrow. ✔️ 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Good morning! 

We went to Mammoth Cave yesterday, and we are on our way to New River Gorge in WV. 3 national parks in 4 days is probably a crazy goal, but dd wanted us to do this trip together, so that is great! 

I hope you all had a great Resurrection Sunday! 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Beth S said:

Did no one prank their kids this morning, for April Fools Day?

Nope.  I can't stand April Fools Day.  And with Easter just being yesterday we are just recovering from that.   I need holidays more spread out to do them.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mom31257 said:

Dd and dh visited some parks in CA last summer. For Christmas, she asked for a water bottle with all the national parks on it, so she is trying to visit as many as she can. 

That sounds fun!  We go much slower, but we have the passport books that we get the stamps for.

• Like 4

breakfast

dishes

laundry x4

vacuum and dust downstairs

water plants

school with Youngest

touch up ceiling paint in kids' bathroom

rehang shower rod + curtain with fresh liner

wipe out bathroom drawers (some debris from weekend projects) + mop floors

repot tomato seedlings + weed back garden

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 4

Today is my mom's birthday.   She has been gone for 4.5 years.    For some reason, it is hitting me particularly hard this year.   Not like I am crying a lot or anything, but I am just feeling a general malaise.

Not much getting done today.   Pretty much next to nothing.   I did do a load of laundry though.   

Oh, and it is the first day of my spring break and I have been exhausted, so it also may just be me finally releasing that tension and stress.

Edited by DawnM
  • Sad 5

I’ve been detailing our living room furniture while Youngest works on stuff. We have a leather couch + set of leather chairs due to allergies…and I really love how buttery soft they get after I condition the leather. 

I have a love/hate relationship with spring cleaning, but sitting down after in a really clean room is so nice. I’ve had to let my daily standards drop a bit with kids, but it’s so nice to finally have all older kids where things don’t get trashed immediately afterwards.

• Like 4

Real up and down day. A newbie at the cancer center where my hemotologist's office is neglected to put in the changes of dates for both the lab and multiple ultrasounds from April 8th to the first lie we requested and also change the follow up w the hemotologist after dh come back from Australia.  The computers had crashed that day and she promised to put the changed dates later.

Done

• Ot evaluation 
  • Lots of paperwork concerning health, taxes, etc
  • did get the lab tests and they rescheduled the ultrasounds for tomorrow 
  • Picked up meds from1 pharmacy 
  • Made allergy appt
  • Made home aide (s) appt for Thursday where I will also have one aide drop me off at my hair stylist
  • Made a complaint about bad website feature to alarm company ( you haveto tap by month from April 2024 back to whenever you were born- over 600 clicks for me which I refused to do
  • Keeping track of dd2 who fell at Kohl's today where she was returning Amazon gifts she didn't need. OB told her or go to ER  at the Women and Children's hospital.  She is now in the labor area having contractions. IF they stop, she can go home. That is what we are praying for because she is still on blood thinners.

To do

• Eat dinner 
  • Put away things 
  • Relax - Sat and Sunday were grueling days.
  • Like 3

@DawnMthinking of you! The day is coming up soon for me, too, so I can relate! 

We had a great day here in New River Gorge! We hiked about 4 miles total and saw some great views. We will do a couple of things tomorrow morning before we head over to Shenandoah. 

I need to be FB or Instagram friends with more of you so you can see all the pics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Checked in about homework.
Visited with a neighbor.
Finished the laundry

Texted with Dd and moved some money. Dd, Ds, and a couple of their friends are hoping to buy tickets for the 21 Pilots concert that will be here in October. Dd will be online purchasing in the morning. Prices are not announced yet. I hope it works out! All four kids love, love this band. 

Submitted a couple substitute teaching job applications. Saved a couple more to do tomorrow. 

Going to drink some hot tea and read to unwind a bit. Need to be asleep soon! 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Checked in about homework.
Visited with a neighbor.
Finished the laundry

Texted with Dd and moved some money. Dd, Ds, and a couple of their friends are hoping to buy tickets for the 21 Pilots concert that will be here in October. Dd will be online purchasing in the morning. Prices are not announced yet. I hope it works out! All four kids love, love this band. 

Submitted a couple substitute teaching job applications. Saved a couple more to do tomorrow. 

Going to drink some hot tea and read to unwind a bit. Need to be asleep soon! 

That is so unfair.  They should set prices before they got on sale!

• Like 2