Menu

Netflix series I started watching

DawnM

12 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

We watched that when we were iced in for 5 days in January. We enjoyed it. I like the limited series that aren't such a huge commitment.

I do too!  Give me some more to watch after this one.

16 minutes ago, DawnM said:

I do too!  Give me some more to watch after this one.

K-dramas!! I’m sure that’s not at all what you’re looking for, but they are typically 10-16 episode series. Just thought I’d mention them. ☺️

Edited by Vintage81
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

K-dramas!! I’m sure that’s not at all what you’re looking for, but they are typically 10-16 episode series. Just thought I’d mention them. ☺️

I tried a couple of them but haven't been hooked.   Any suggestions to try?

14 minutes ago, DawnM said:

I tried a couple of them but haven't been hooked.   Any suggestions to try?

Do you remember which ones you tried?

There are a lot of different types, depending on what you’re looking for…rom-coms, family dramas, coming of age, historical dramas, thrillers, etc.

The first one that came to mind to recommend was Hometown Cha Cha Cha. It’s rom-com, but also has some family drama to balance it out. Plus a small town vibe that’s nice. 

I will say, with several k-dramas I’ve watched, the first couple of episodes can be slow, but they usually pick up after that. 

Edited by Vintage81
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

Do you remember which ones you tried?

There are a lot of different types, depending on what you’re looking for…rom-coms, family dramas, coming of age, historical dramas, thrillers, etc.

The first one that came to mind to recommend was Hometown Cha Cha Cha. It’s rom-com, but also has some family drama to balance it out. Plus a small town vibe that’s nice. 

I will say, with several k-dramas I’ve watched, the first couple of episodes can be slow, but they usually pick up after that. 

Not off hand, I would need to look.

Yes, there are other Harlan Coben remakes on Netflix. I have read almost all of his books and love him for a well-written page turner. They all kind of blur together, but I don't remember them being as depressing as the Netflix remakes. The Netflix ones seem darker with sadder endings. Not the vibe I get from his books generally. 

ETA Possible spoiler:

Okay I just checked and the book does end similarly. Either I didn't read this one, or just forgot.

Edited by livetoread
  • Like 1