Menu

My fitbit screen died after only one year =(

cintinative

57 minutes ago, Soror said:

Ime yes. When I searched after my died I came across my multiple people saying theirs died prematurely, planned obsolescence. My $30 knock off from Amazon lasted much longer.

Are you still using the Amazon one?  Could you link it? I like having a fitness tracker but we will not spend that much money for landfill fodder.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cintinative said:

Are you still using the Amazon one?  Could you link it? I like having a fitness tracker but we will not spend that much money for landfill fodder.

I got 2+ years without issue out of it until I submerged it in water like an idiot. (id showered in it daily without issue but left it underwater while at a creek). Unfortunately, that one has disappeared off if Amazon:(. I went with an older generation refurbished Samsung this time. I've only had it 6 months so no idea how it will do in the long run. It's tracks well but like the Fitbit battery life isn't as good. The more it tracks the faster they drain. I only charged my cheapo watch once a month. 

https://letsfit.com/products/letscom-smart-watch-with-heart-rate-monitor-1-3-touch-screen-fitness-trackers

I think this might be the same. Check to see if it has the features you need. 

• Like 1

I have a Garmin now that I got for Xmas. Amazing stats and seems very accurate. 

Fitbit lasted but it was always the least accurate when I hiked with friends. The screen did get several cracks in it. I put an IQ Shield on my new Garmin so hopefully no scratches or cracks 

• Like 1

DH had one that the display died, so when we got a new one, I got a robust warranty from Amazon. I figure with Black Friday sales, we weren’t paying that much extra. DH used his first one hard and has opted to not shower with this one.

I have a cheapo one, but it won’t sync to my phone. Everything we looked for off brand, the reviews say that the app stops working, doesn’t update, etc.

• Like 1

Unless you really need the watch feature... I really, really like my Oura Ring. And it seems to be very accurate and consistent. 

Bonus is that I can wear it while swimming. 

The last two times I have been sick, my Oura ring knew before I did. I got alerts that my body temp was elevated. It was a few hours before my regular thermometer picked up that I had a fever. It allowed me to isolate myself before I was really showing symptoms. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1