Menu

Heddy Lamar

gardenmom5

9 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I knew about Hedy Lamar, but I was this week old when I learned of Virginia Hall from The Fat Electrician. 

I’ve read a couple of biographies about her in recent years. She is completely awesome.  Really. “A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win WWII” by Sonia Purnell is absolutely captivating.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, knitgrl said:

Sorry, I can't help myself.

[Pic removed by moderator because of board rules.]

Because you said you can't help yourself I have to ask. Was it from Blazing Saddles? Hedly Lamar? 😄

I knew about Hedy Lamarr. There's a movie about her on Netflix called The Bombshell. It's worth watching.

• Like 1

re Virginia Hall

13 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I knew about Hedy Lamar, but I was this week old when I learned of Virginia Hall from The Fat Electrician. 

Wowza.

I knew from Heddy; and an itty bitty bit about Virginia, but I was today years old when I learned about Fat Electrician. This is awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pam in CT said:

re Virginia Hall

Wowza.

I knew from Heddy; and an itty bitty bit about Virginia, but I was today years old when I learned about Fat Electrician. This is awesome.

His stories are hysterical. I think they’d even appeal to people with no military connections or even great interest in military maneuvers. Maybe I’m fooling myself, but they’ve all been very entertaining and little-known stories. 

• Like 1