Menu

Can you recommend a "massage gun"?

sheryl

Yesterday I was at Homegoods and found a Sharper Image massage gun on clearance for $55.  Retail is $100.   As I research more and more about them I've learned that the stroke length or amplitude (would like minimum of 12 but higher is good too) is important, rpm's (3,000) and attachments (fork, round, flat, cone, others) and number of settings and intensity.  I heard someone review that it doesn't make sense for 20 or more settings as the more settings there are the lesser degree of intensity will result from one level to the immediate next one.  So, now instead of 20 settings I'm looking at maybe 6 or so settings.  

If you have one, tell me if you like it and can recommend it.  This will be one of dh's Christmas gifts.

I can not find one with my preferences above, but if you know of one that is built well with brushless motor and great battery/charge life, please let me know.  Bonus if the entire unit is housed in a carrying case!!!

Edited by sheryl

3 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I’m not mature enough to contribute to this conversation

LOL!  I bought one for him 10-15 years ago but it's not held up.  The design has definitely improved.  It's hard to find one with all my preferences.  

23 hours ago, sheryl said:

LOL!  I bought one for him 10-15 years ago but it's not held up.  The design has definitely improved.  It's hard to find one with all my preferences.  

It’s the quotation marks that did me in. I just can’t be serious. 

Edited by KungFuPanda
rookie mistake
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Yes! Theragun. I did a lot of research before buying. I have chronic muscle pain and tons of knots from living with a mechanical imbalance. I first began using it about 18 months ago.

Not all guns have the same stall force and the same ability to get deep into the muscle, or the same strength in general. 

Always use through one layer of clothing. Over bony areas, always use the dampener attachment. Don’t keep it in one place too long. Be careful to keep your fingers away from the massage head as it vibrates. Don’t use behind the knees, on spine, or above the lower base of the neck. Don’t use over abdomen. I say all this because it is very powerful. It can hurt you. (This is from the instruction manual).

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Yes! Theragun. I did a lot of research before buying. I have chronic muscle pain and tons of knots from living with a mechanical imbalance. I first began using it about 18 months ago.

Not all guns have the same stall force and the same ability to get deep into the muscle, or the same strength in general. 

Always use through one layer of clothing. Over bony areas, always use the dampener attachment. Don’t keep it in one place too long. Be careful to keep your fingers away from the massage head as it vibrates. Don’t use behind the knees, on spine, or above the lower base of the neck. Don’t use over abdomen. I say all this because it is very powerful. It can hurt you. (This is from the instruction manual).

We also use the theragun the app is really helpful and shows you where to use it for various aches pains

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaybee said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTYYCKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one that we have. I don't know that it has all you are wanting, but we like it. It was on ds' Christmas list several years ago. After he opened it, we tried it out, and bought one for ourselves.

I appreciate that.  That is very close in style to the Brookstone we had.  Thanks for the link!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Yes, stall force is important too.  I can't wrap my head around the shape.  It is always ranked at/near top on several lists.  Does it have the spine attachment though?