Menu

Tackling Tuesday - 10/24

TheReader

Okay, didn't see one, so starting us off....

We are back from our tournament -- got in around midnight Sunday. Got up at 6 to go do K & 1st at my co-op. Oof. Not doing that again - by 1, I was fighting to stay awake and didn't know if I'd be safe to drive home. By 3 I did get a 2nd wind and was okay (we went outside at 2, which helped a lot). But next year, I need to plan a sub for that day/take that day off. 

Oh! DH got 4th (of 15) in his Vet event, I got 7 (out of 8 ) in my Vet event, and 6th (out of 9) in my Div 2 event (Div 2 is everyone a C rating and below); I think DH was Top 16 in his Div 2, and Top 32 in his Div 1A (Div 1A is anyone over 13, including the A & B rated fencers). He had something like 35 and 28 people in his events, so much tougher fields. 

Anyway, today's list:

....coffee
....prep some extra things/update the plan for PreK for the 4 yr old
....get the kids up & out on time for their class
....go do PreK and hope the mom is happy with the updated plan
....also hope the kid is capable of keeping up with the updated plan
....come home, prep for the tutoring girls this afternoon

....fold & put away clothes DH washed yesterday
....nap??? Not sure
....load my fencing pictures, share those with a few people
.....go tutor the girls this afternoon
....come home, eat dinner, go to fencing tonight (remember to take the medals to show everyone) 
....come home, veg out, probably go to bed early again (went to bed at 9 last night....)

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 6

Good morning! 
I got to sleep a bit later today and that’s nice. Having coffee, then getting a quick shower and heading out to church.

Bible study at church ✔️ 
Check in on mom Called, no answer.
Cancel a reservation? No
Grocery ✔️ and cooking
Ds to football ✔️ 
Make lists
Get CSA box ✔️ 
Tutor ✔️ 
Discuss painting plans with Dh

Walk? Nope
Read! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning!  DS13 has another two days off school, so I'll be here until I go to class today.

• Laundry
  • violin
  • knit another 2 inches
  • women's history class
  • dinner?  I am not a fan of this week
  • drop off ds's payment and explain his absence at one of his activities
  • talk to dh about an opportunity ds has.  He was extended an invitation to go on a learning trip to Canada.  The child would be thrilled, and relieved that it's not a French-speaking area. 😄He's a bit rusty after only reading/listening for a year.  But I think we need more information before even asking him if he wants to go.
  • Like 6

Hi guys, happy Tuesday!

Yesterday was such a sucky day, I feel like today is a recovery day, LOL.  I have so much to do and hope to get "back on track" without too much stress.

Done:

• Kids off to school on time, yay!
  • Physically presentable enough for the day.
  • Ate a fruit.
  • Made coffee.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.
  • Renewed our electric dog fence for a year.
  • Touched base with a couple of mom friends to set up some get-togethers.
  • A tiny bit of client work.

To do:

• Eat veggies, take vitamins, drink water.
  • Yoga etc., walk.  Walk the dog?
  • Lots of client work.
  • Finish the weekend laundry & do 1 new load.
  • Pick up the kids after school.
  • Kid2 to chiro appointment.
  • Prepare and send some donations (in-kind and $).
  • "Encourage" the kids to do their best school work and pick up after themselves.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 7

Yesterday,  I had a very good visit w my new primary care.  But he ordered a blood test for my INR and because the lab was closed in his building, we had to drive to another lab. In this drive, I found out that my windshield wiper fluid dispenser isn't working.  This is a 2006 Subaru Outback high end version car w bought used in 2011 and that was diagnosed w engine crack in  July 2022 and the bill to replace the engine was at least 6500 or qe couldke4p driving it,  Dh decided to keep driving it. And I guess he is really stressed about finances since he was supe annoyed when I said I will be very happy when w get a new used car. And then at the lab, I found out that the lab order didn't got through even though I saw the doctor physically typing the order and saw on the screen him choosing the entire lab system of the hospital. Got home and I ordered the wrong appetizer/salad. Dh was very n8ie and let me have some of his. Then I was too sleepy to finish watching Jason and the Argonauts movie and dh got annoyed again. He doesn't understand that their is a very good reason I am being switched from the slow release version of the narcotic to the immediate release. With my documented disautonomia, I do not digest slow release  medicines normally.

Done

• shower, dressed in regularl clothing
  • Breakfast and meds done

To do

• call Publix pharmacy and see if my doctor's prescriptions got there done and they will be ready at 2:30
  • Call the labs and see if they have gotten the order now yes and we will go to lab after yearly termite inspection 
  • call Tricare Express Sceipts to check on Enbrel script and talk to the pharmacist about which meds are the worse on my liver and if methotrexate is better on liver and which make one more susceptible to bad infections.
  • call primary care if orders and scripts didn't go through.
  • Check verizon 
  • Set up at least one patient portal 
  • Call my nurse advocate
  • Arrange for Telecounseling.
  • more paper Work
  • Open more packages yes, did some 
  • Find out about present for grandson
  • Try to get printer set up
  • Do some more laundry
  • Call Land"s End and see if I could return some clothes
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6

Home, eating, then a nap - still recovering from the weekend (she says, as if she doesn't nap every day she's home anyway....)

Tutoring went well. I let the mom know I'm comping her next week, and then I had TONS of extras for today, which the kiddo actually listened/attended to well (shock), and we *almost* but not quite got through all of it in the hour & twenty minutes (whew!). So now I know how much to prep for him, hopefully he continues to cooperate (some days, he'd have blown through some of what I had), and it should be good going forward. 

Oh, did get the kids up & out, and folded towels/put away the ones that stay upstairs. 

• Like 5

Laundry is done.  DS woke up to eat some mashed potatoes for lunch.  I got him to take care of one of his two things I needed him to do for school Thursday.

Off to class next, and then stopping by the grocery on the way home for sliced beef and ciabatta bread to do open faced sandwiches.  It's a family favorite: beef, goat cheese, and shishito peppers with a garlic aioli.  Salad and fries on the side.

• Like 5

Did "yoga etc.," ate salad, took vitamins, had a shower / hair wash, walked outside a bit with the pup.

Did a 1 hour continuing education module.

Switched out a load of laundry.

Did a little reading, cleaning, and filing.

Filled out a form for my kids to be allowed to take OTC pills (mainly painkillers) at school.  So stupid.  Doc needs to sign them this afternoon.

Work inbox is down to 731 items.  Hope to bring it down below 600 by the end of the day.

• Like 5

Good afternoon! 

I went back to bed this morning and dozed off and on for a while. 

I've met with 3 students online. 

I have a coaching call from our insurance coming up. I hope they can tell me why I haven't been given the points I earned in a challenge last month. Dh was given them, and we both did it. 

Brother/Sister duo might be coming this afternoon. The great-grandmother has been in the hospital, which could change things. 

I'm going to start a load of laundry soon (sheets).

I need to do some serious tidying/organizing tonight. 

• Like 4

Good Afternoon

• Started raking leaves in area outside where want to put the outside dog play yard. Then it started raining.
  • dishes unloaded and loaded and going again
  • need to clear area in garage so that we can move old couch out their
  • list more items to sell. pack up items not selling and donate
  • bake apple dumplings
  • maybe carve pumpkins tonight
  • laundry 

• Like 3

Can I ask those that tutor online are you all independent contractors or what is it 1099 employees?

DS has been looking into different jobs and was asking about this. I'm just familiar with building contractors and how they are bonded and licensed. I don't know how tutors do that.  If you know of a link with info I would appreciate it, Thanks.

I tutor in person, not online, but yes, it's independent contractor or something like that; DH does the taxes for me, and that part mostly works out because he has withholdings and we file jointly. I don't know if he'd know the name of the form off the top of his head, until tax time rolls back around (he uses Turbo Tax to do everything, and it's worked so far; this is my 6th year doing it - teaching at the co-op is the same way).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slept almost 2 hours....whew! Now I feel back to normal-ish. 

Posted pics of the medals and such on FB. 

printed the stuff for the tutoring girls this afternoon; need to make copies of some stuff also. 

washed my wool stuff, took it out of the wash to hang dry. 

Grabbing a snack and figuring out what's next. 

• Like 3