Menu

OOFOS slides

Indigo Blue

Dh has been having trouble with heel pain. I got him a pair of these. They seem like an orthopedic version of Crocs. They are just for around the house. The heel is really squishy, and he says it is more bearable to walk with these in. 

I need a pair, too, I think, because my feet are terrible and they would be great for the sole purpose of having to get up in the night. It’s too uncomfortable to walk even to the bathroom in just my socks. 

Since Dh got his, I’ve noticed people wearing them around town with shorts, leggings, etc. I guess I just notice them now since I bought them. 

Do you have these?

I don't, because for several reasons I doubt they'd work for my messed up feet. But many people on the cancer board I belong to absolutely love Oofos for their cushioning. Many cancer medications cause hand foot syndrome, and those people really can have terrible foot problems that cause difficulty finding comfy shoes, or at least ones that don't make their problems even worse. Oofos work for many of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny you should mention these.  I had never heard of them till last week when my doctor recommended I get some for my foot (I severely sprained my foot and had a slight ankle bone fracture in May and I'm still having issues). I got them about 2 days ago.  There are definitely cushy but I still don't like them.  For me the arch seems too high for my natural arch (I did have to wear arch supports as a kid since mine were low even then).  But on the flip side, the achiness I was experiencing in my arch and the pain from the bunion I developed from the boot have improved from them.  So while I greatly dislike how they fit my foot and how they feel when I walk, I'm still wearing them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had never heard of them until my foot injury and then reconstructive surgery.  Everyone in the facebook group I belonged to for the surgery/condition loved them and highly recommended them.  I did order a pair, but they didn't fit well and I returned them and got something else instead.  But they were really comfortable and definitely recommended by people with foot issues.  

Edited by Kassia
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I actually bought a pair after seeing them recommended here. I just wore them around the house, not out shopping or anything, but they were really helpful in reducing foot pain. The only reason I no longer wear them is because I actually needed more arch support than the Oofos have, so I currently wear crocs with squishy Ultra Arch insoles around the house, and then I have the same brand of insoles in different shoes and sandals for when I go out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

Yes, I actually bought a pair after seeing them recommended here. I just wore them around the house, not out shopping or anything, but they were really helpful in reducing foot pain. The only reason I no longer wear them is because I actually needed more arch support than the Oofos have, so I currently wear crocs with squishy Ultra Arch insoles around the house, and then I have the same brand of insoles in different shoes and sandals for when I go out.

I know we discussed this before, but insoles inside a pair of crocs are super comfy. Nowadays I have to stay in tennis shoes and those Good Feet insoles. I wore crocs with insoles in them a lot. I think SOLE insoles are pretty good, too. 

Edited by Indigo Blue
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, catz said:

I've tried crocs but I must be between sizes beause I can't get a good fit in those.  

I have the LiteRide360 Clogs, which are not quite as wide and floppy as the original Crocs, and they're also lighter, squishier, and (IMO) slightly less ugly than the originals. Still too wide for me without insoles, but they have just the right amount of extra room to add a thick insole for extra cushioning and arch support, and then they fit me perfectly.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 2.25.33 PM.png

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

I have the LiteRide360 Clogs, which are not quite as wide and floppy as the original Crocs, and they're also lighter, squishier, and (IMO) slightly less ugly than the originals. Still too wide for me without insoles, but they have just the right amount of extra room to add a thick insole for extra cushioning and arch support, and then they fit me perfectly.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 2.25.33 PM.png

I’ve never seen these before. They are nice.