Menu

This is getting comical (home sales)

DawnM

So, the owners of the house we are trying to buy have reached out to our realtor and said, "Hey, what's the plan if their house doesn't sell?   Do we have a date?"   (a date to end the sale and move on.)

Her response, "Oh, we see no problem selling it in the after Labor Day home sale surge that comes every year."

Um.......the what now?   🤣  That is not a thing!

• Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Hannah said:

It may be time for a new realtor.

I don't know how all of that would work with her already being involved with the new house purchase and in the middle of purchasing that land next door.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

I don't know how all of that would work with her already being involved with the new house purchase and in the middle of purchasing that land next door.

And honestly even though she says ridiculous things, I doubt it is her fault the house isn’t selling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

And honestly even though she says ridiculous things, I doubt it is her fault the house isn’t selling. 

maybe not, however, I think there are several things she could and should have done differently.   

We have both bought and sold houses during holiday weekends, so it doesn't sound so far fetched to me. We bought a house during Memorial Day weekend and have sold a house during Labor Day weekend. However, I've never heard of a Labor Day surge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Can she do those things now?

probably not.  I am not going to get into all of it on this message board.  it is too long and specific to post.   They aren't tangible "you didn't put out the right welcome mat."   types of things.

46 minutes ago, TechWife said:

We have both bought and sold houses during holiday weekends, so it doesn't sound so far fetched to me. We bought a house during Memorial Day weekend and have sold a house during Labor Day weekend. However, I've never heard of a Labor Day surge.

Yes, it is definitely possible.   Heck, selling the house over Thansgiving weekend is possible, however, there is no known Labor Day Surge in home sales.

• Like 1

FWIW, we are in the middle of selling our house, and our realtor said something abt a general temporary dip in interest around the time kids are going back to school. It did seem like around here houses started moving more slowly a couple weeks before school started. Maybe she’s thinking people will start looking again once school is solidly in session. I hope that turns out to be the case for you.

I’ve been following your thread because our timing has been similar. Rooting for you! We are also in a quirky house. Currently under contract and really hoping everything goes through because winter in our area is NOT the time to be selling and we have already purchased the new home. 

• Like 2