Menu

Looking for a new fitness tracker....do you love yours?

ProudGrandma

I am looking for a new tracker that is no more than $150, but prefer cheaper.  

I don't need it to do a lot, but I am looking for a square or round face that isn't super large....one that can be seen in the sunlight and notifies you of calls and texts (are there any that also notifies you of messages on messenger?)

Not an Apple watch

If it's more "pretty" than sport like I would like that. 

I would like to read the texts and the phone call name on it...but I think that is fairly standard now, right?

What do you have and love? 

thanks. 

I have the Fitbit and like it; I don't recall which one I have exactly. It's sporty vs pretty, but there are pretty ones too. 

I do think I had the choice to have Messenger notifications go to it, but I told it not to (I have those turned off entirely). I am able to read texts and see who is calling, and hang up on a call, but not answer a call (well, I can select answer, but there's no microphone/speaker, so I still need to answer on my actual phone). 

One thing I love is that I can set my phone to "silent' instead of Do Not Disturb, and then still get texts/calls on my wrist and so I can see if it needs answering or not, w/o it disturbing anyone. So my kids or grandma can still reach me, no matter what, but nothing is making a sound (the Fitbit vibrates). 

One thing I *don't* love is that if the time changes, etc, you can't set the clock, you have to wait for it to resynch to your phone. Also you can't turn it off (or at least, not that I've found). It goes into sleep mode, so that's good, and the battery lasts well, but just tossing that out there. 

1 hour ago, kfeusse said:

I am looking for a new tracker that is no more than $150, but prefer cheaper.  

I don't need it to do a lot, but I am looking for a square or round face that isn't super large....one that can be seen in the sunlight and notifies you of calls and texts (are there any that also notifies you of messages on messenger?)

Not an Apple watch

If it's more "pretty" than sport like I would like that. 

I would like to read the texts and the phone call name on it...but I think that is fairly standard now, right?

What do you have and love? 

thanks. 

I got a refurbished Samsung Galaxy previous generation for about $75. It does all that and more and I think is much better looking than traditional smart watches. I've had 2 fitbits and they are designed to die too soon. Im not a fan of apple so no desire for one of those besides I think they are way too expensive.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm, GPS, Bluetooth) Smart Watch Mystic Bronze (US Version, Renewed) https://a.co/d/aOYngrd

2 hours ago, Soror said:

I got a refurbished Samsung Galaxy previous generation for about $75. It does all that and more and I think is much better looking than traditional smart watches. I've had 2 fitbits and they are designed to die too soon. Im not a fan of apple so no desire for one of those besides I think they are way too expensive.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm, GPS, Bluetooth) Smart Watch Mystic Bronze (US Version, Renewed) https://a.co/d/aOYngrd

How long does the battery last?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kfeusse said:

How long does the battery last?

Not great. I charge it every other night or if I'm sitting for a bit I'll put it on the charger. I had a cheap knockoff that would last a whole month!! But it didn't do as much and wasn't as pretty. 

I have a Garmin vivosmart.  I like it because it does all the stuff but isn't huge.  Looks like a very slim watch - my wrists are very smalland the bigger watches look really overwhelming in my arm.

I am on my second one.  My first one had a mechanical failure after four years and was way out of warranty but I took a chance and contacted them and they were able to make me an offer to replace with a 60 percent discount which I thought was very fair so I'm a Garmin fan now .

@Wheres Toto and @LifeLovePassionHow accurate is the Amazfit?  My main issues with my fitbit are that it doesn't tell me it needs a charge until it is basically nearly dead (and you cannot change the notification setting) and that it is super inaccurate for the treadmill and sometimes for walking.  The other day I walked with a friend, forgot to indicate I was starting a walk, and it autorecognized it as elliptical. We were outside walking.  😃  Neither of these are really deal killers for me. I think the watch is just an extension of my desire to check boxes and it irks me when it doesn't give me the right credit. LOL

Edited by cintinative

10 minutes ago, cintinative said:

@Wheres Toto and @LifeLovePassionHow accurate is the Amazfit?  My main issues with my fitbit are that it doesn't tell me it needs a charge until it is basically nearly dead (and you cannot change the notification setting) and that it is super inaccurate for the treadmill and sometimes for walking.  The other day I walked with a friend, forgot to indicate I was starting a walk, and it autorecognized it as elliptical. We were outside walking.  😃  Neither of these are really deal killers for me. I think the watch is just an extension of my desire to check boxes and it irks me when it doesn't give me the right credit. LOL

While I was waiting for the watch I put a pedometer on my phone.   I compared the two when I first got the watch and they were very close, within 50 or so steps.   So, I feel like it's fairly accurate.  

• Thanks 1

I love my Fitbit Versa. I buy the extra warranty for mine but have only sent one in over the years. 

FEIW, you can buy replacement bands on amazon for the sports watches. My fitbit currently has a pretty gold metal band so it doesnt look so sporty. Still works the same, though! 😊

20 minutes ago, easypeasy said:

I love my Fitbit Versa. I buy the extra warranty for mine but have only sent one in over the years. 

FEIW, you can buy replacement bands on amazon for the sports watches. My fitbit currently has a pretty gold metal band so it doesnt look so sporty. Still works the same, though! 😊

couple questions:  can you see the screen outside? How long does the battery last in between charges? 

I love my Polar Ignite - it's the original model so you might find it in your price range.  It's an old one and I recharge two or three times a week.

I love that it tracks whether you are training enough to improve your fitness or just maintain/lose fitness. I find it very easy to use, and there is no membership fee for the full-function app.

6 hours ago, easypeasy said:

My fitbit versa has already been replaced twice in 3.5 years

12 hours ago, cintinative said:

I'm not sure as I haven't compared it to other data points. My fitbit would always think lawn mowing/snow blowing was bike riding. There are several options for workout types on the amazfit. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kfeusse said:

couple questions:  can you see the screen outside? How long does the battery last in between charges? 

I have the Fitbit Versa 2. 

Yes I can see the screen (very well) even outside. 

The battery goes about 4-5 days or so between charges (I have mine where it sleeps and wakes when I lift/turn my wrist). I've had mine exactly 2 years, no issues so far. 

11 hours ago, kfeusse said:

Yes, I can see it outside (unless I have my polarized sunglasses on - then I can't see anything, phone or watch).

I don't wear it at night, so it's on for about 16 hours/day. I usually charge it overnight, but I can easily skip a night without a charge and it's fine the next day.