Menu

Packing question - stacking plastic drawers

EmilyGF

Hi all,

ETA: We're going to pack them in boxes so that they don't crack on the long drive. Thank you for the help.

We've got a long-distance move coming up and I'm working on packing as much as possible. We'll have movers coming to empty the house, but are self-packing a lot.

We have a bunch of stacking plastic drawers (see image) with various homeschool, science, craft, and other supplies in them. 

How do I pack them? Do I put the whole thing in a box, and then pack around it? Use plastic wrap to keep them from opening? Something else?

Thanks for the help!

Sterilite Small 3 Drawer Desktop Unit, Plastic, White

Emily

Edited by EmilyGF

We put things in the drawers, then put the drawers into boxes. The movers were loading a semi truck—keeping boxes uniform helped prevent crush damage and helped everything stack uniformly.

If you just tape them shut and stack heavy stuff on top of them in a truck, they tend to crack and break. If you don’t box them, you need to make sure they are loaded correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katilac said:

In a box with packing would be ideal. They bend and crack very easily. 

I agree. We have had professional movers pack for us several times - they put these kinds of boxes into a large cardboard box surrounded by packing paper. It worked fine.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 1