Menu

bra help please! lined sports bra style?

ktgrok

DD prefers sportsbra style, but needs it lined, as she isn't comfortable with visible "headlights" if you know what I mean. She is NOT a girly girl, pretty much hates that she is full figured, and we found very little when out shopping. Everything was either removable pads (which we both hate) or unlined, or more traditional bra style that she doesn't want. She measures at a 32D but more comfortable in a 34C, from what we can tell so far. I'm wiling to pay what I need to pay to get her something she is comfortable in. Thoughts?

If it doesn't need to be super supportive, the Vanity Fair women's wireless comfort bra might work.

Also, the Champion Women's show off wireless sports bra, maximum support for times I need more support.

Edited by barnwife

This is the most comfortable bra I’ve found with flattering lift. It’s not going to look like a pushup bra, but it’s flattering under clothes without pinching or popping an underwire. 

Fruit of the Loom Women's Seamless Wire Free Push-up Bra https://a.co/d/c9gecey

This is what I prefer on days I don’t care about lift. I wouldn’t wear them for actual exercise other than walking, but they’re supportive enough my chest doesn’t hurt when I go up & down stairs. I’ve never noticed an outline of nipples when worn under clothes. 

Fruit of the Loom Women's Spaghetti Strap Cotton Pullover Sports Bra Value Pack https://a.co/d/aELIROk

Edited by Katy

26 minutes ago, wintermom said:

I feel your dd's pain. I need lined sports bras, but the padding moves around with every wash. Why can't manufacturers sew the padding into the bra? Surely it can't be that hard. 

I love the sports bras from the line “Calia” at Dick’s sporting goods. They’re the only ones I’ve found that don’t have removable pads AND aren’t uniboob. And they’re comfortable!

• Like 1

Have you tried the super supportive Nike sports bra? First, it actually holds you in place. Second, the form is not little cups that slide around—it’s very much fixed. https://www.nike.com/t/alpha-womens-high-support-padded-adjustable-sports-bra-cDrqQK/DD0430-010

It is traditional bra like, but dd has other Nike sports bras that are lined, not cupped, but I don’t know how supportive they are at a D. I have one kid who is a DDD and another who is not. 

12 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Have you tried the super supportive Nike sports bra? First, it actually holds you in place. Second, the form is not little cups that slide around—it’s very much fixed. https://www.nike.com/t/alpha-womens-high-support-padded-adjustable-sports-bra-cDrqQK/DD0430-010

It is traditional bra like, but dd has other Nike sports bras that are lined, not cupped, but I don’t know how supportive they are at a D. I have one kid who is a DDD and another who is not. 

Wow! Bonus that you don't have to wriggle into it! There is a fastener at the back. I don't like the price, especially when I'd need at least 2 of these, if not 3. 

Do these last a long time with lots of washes, etc.? Are they worth the investment?

Mine is two years into wear. I hang it to dry, and wash it in a lingerie bag in the washer. It shows almost no signs of wear. It’s the most expensive bra I own, but it does immobilize me.

We have a couple of other Nike bra styles at home. Some are pushing 5 years of wear. One has some minor pilling along a strap, but that’s because my dd wears them under sweaters and it picks up lint from that. Some styles do have removable cups, so choose wisely if that is your bugaboo. We’ve been very happy with them, though, they don’t pick up smells like the Puma ones from Costco do.

• Like 1

I'm probably not anything like the OP's dd. My issue is a wide ribcage (from 4 pregnancies) and small breasts. I have to wear a large size sports bra, and I don't need much support. Happily, I've found a few comfy bras, where the only issue is the padding moving around during washes. 

so, turns out DD ended up liking one we got at Target, their all in motion "seamless cami midline". it has two thick layers, but no padding or cups to speak of, which she likes. But now I have more to try, thank you. 

• Like 1