Menu

Let's Tackle Saturday Together !!!

TravelingChris

Haha.  It is Saturday on the mainland so I get to start the thread.

To do

Go to final show on ship done

Not spill anything but water on my clothes done

Go to sleep trying to but stomach issues and dh is snoring.

Check charges and add huge tips for concierge, and good one for butler and leave great comments about entertainers, our suite cleaner, yhe people who helped me today here (yesterday in msinland)

Breakfast, shower and meds

Store luggage at port

Uber or taxis to stores-  both Long's Drugs and maybe a bookstore

Lunch

Get uber or taxi to pier to puck up stored luggage and then take us to airport

Fly to Hawaii 

Get rental car 

Get anything we didn't get like books

Check into Kileau Military Camp

More later

Have a good day everyone

rt

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6

I was up early to make sure Ds got off on his overnight ok. Made him a lunch. He’ll be home around dinner time tomorrow.

Today:
coffee and b’fast
AHG event

Covid and flu vaxes - these might wipe me out later in the day. I have felt crummy after previous covid boosters. Not planning anything significant tonight or tomorrow!

Put chx in marinade
Electronic chores
Clean a bathroom
Read and relax 

• Like 6

Good morning! 

Today I have:

....coffee
...wake up kids (well, Middle) on time
...trim/bind the quilt, which I didn't get to yesterday
...print 1 extra copy of all the K stuff for the new little girl, make her folder, etc. 
....have Oldest meet DH w/his car at the tire store later, to get new tires
....take Middle & DS to their friend's house for a surprise birthday lunch
...DH & I to a college football game this afternoon, w/his mom/her dh
...come home, pick up kids from their friend's house (if Oldest didn't already by then; we haven't been given an end-time for this)
...dinner???
...TV/movie/game night with family - not sure what everyone will be up for
...veg out, go to bed

Not going to even try the pantry today, but  maybe work on prep for 2nd grade, as there's an event on Tues I'd like to go to, visit my grandma, etc. which I can't do if I'm not ready for 2nd grade by then....

• Like 6

@ScoutTN, I hope you don't feel bad and can enjoy your weekend!

@TravelingChris, enjoy your trip! 

I am getting ready to head to help in a festival today put on by the arts council. I'll be there 10-4. 

I'll go to the post office and grocery store after that. 

Dd is coming this evening to take care of the title on the car. It will be nice to see her and spend some time with her. We'll probably play some games. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@ScoutTN  I hope the shots don't wipe you out.  Report back.  I got a covid booster and flu shot at the same time last year and I was sick for 6 days.  I am so nervous to get them again this year.  I was not expecting it because I had nothing really from my 2 other doses of Covid vaccine.  I am hoping it was the flu and covid at the same time. 

@TravelingChris  Enjoy your trip.  I bet it is gorgeous there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Covid and flu vaxes - these might wipe me out later in the day. 

So I went into a chain of stores called Long Drug here on the islands 2 says ago.  Turns out that just like Rite Aid in the Eastern mainland, Long Drug is now CVS.  As I was there, I saw an advertisement for the flu shot.  Which reminded me of thinking whether these islands here get flu more based on mainland timing or more based on Japanese or Australian or New Zesland, etc timing.  Also, reminded me to watch for email from concierge doctor about flu shots.  I get the higher dose version that supposedly is only for 65 and  up but CDC is an idiotic agency, worse than the Hive mind, and my rheumatologists, primary, pulmonologist, allergist, pharmacists, etc all strongly recommend the extra special dose of flu shot that CDC says only for over 65.  You mean all those over 65s here on the ship that are way healthier and have healthier immune systems than mine, especially since U am in scores of immune suppressants and am slmost 60, CDC.?????

@ScoutTN -  praying for no reactions if uouvfo get it today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@TravelingChrisEnjoy your trip

@ScoutTNhope you don’t have any reactions

We had loud thunderstorms all night. For all that noise it only rained about 1/4 inch and brought in humidity and clouds of gnats. Some of the leaves on the trees are starting to turn colors so cooler weather is on its way.

pup is tired, she was awake all night with the thunder.
doing laundry

did a lot of research last night so need to organize and write

Pc chores

I am experimenting with a bread machine will try a new recipe this afternoon 

Our local church, 1 block away, is having their festival this weekend. They have limited parking so both sides of the street around my house has cars lined up and parked. Hope the church has a successful fundraiser.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Plans changed a lot between yesterday and today.  DS12 ended his evening yesterday with some odd symptoms, so rather than our day of volunteering we changed today to a more relaxed schedule:

• change sheets on the beds
  • give ds a covid test (negative!)
  • get skates sharpened
  • do massive shop at the warehouse store without ds
  • watch the football game
  • put together teacher bags: clorox wipes, tissues, dry-erase markers, etc. 
  • finish my paperwork for substitute teaching.
  • dinner: pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sage sauce
  • wine & cheese date night with dh

• Like 4

Got my vaxes 7 hrs ago. Sore arms, headache, tired. Not nearly as bad as the second shot or the first booster, at least so far. Prob not going to church tomorrow, though. Gonna sleep in and rest.

Picked up hot chicken for dinner. Good, but my new diabetes med makes me not very hungry. 1.5 tenders and I am stuffed. 

Reading A Gentleman in Moscow, sipping water, headed to bed early. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Home from the football game - so tired. We got the kids to their friend's house, came home, took a nap, went to the game. Started off great, then the other team tied it up, it poured on us (we had ponchos, thankfully)(although my hands got so wet that my fingers wrinkled up, and then our shoes got soaked, so my feet were likewise all pruny all day). Then there was a lightning delay of about an hour-ish (game started at 3, we resumed the game after the delay at 5:09, and were still 8 mins left to go in the first half......). 

We left at 7:30, with about 5 mins left in the final quarter, by which point we were losing 42 to 27, when it was obvious the team had given up. 

Anyway,  now I'm tired, have a headache, and DH is watching now the other college game on TV. I think I'm probably heading to bed. 

I got nothing else done at all. Ugh. Will have to do a ton of stuff tomorrow. 

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Got my vaxes 7 hrs ago. Sore arms, headache, tired. Not nearly as bad as the second shot or the first booster, at least so far. Prob not going to church tomorrow, though. Gonna sleep in and rest.

Picked up hot chicken for dinner. Good, but my new diabetes med makes me not very hungry. 1.5 tenders and I am stuffed. 

Reading A Gentleman in Moscow, sipping water, headed to bed early. 

Hope you feel better on Sunday and I prayed for you too

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheReader said:

Home from the football game - so tired. We got the kids to their friend's house, came home, took a nap, went to the game. Started off great, then the other team tied it up, it poured on us (we had ponchos, thankfully)(although my hands got so wet that my fingers wrinkled up, and then our shoes got soaked, so my feet were likewise all pruny all day). Then there was a lightning delay of about an hour-ish (game started at 3, we resumed the game after the delay at 5:09, and were still 8 mins left to go in the first half......). 

We left at 7:30, with about 5 mins left in the final quarter, by which point we were losing 42 to 27, when it was obvious the team had given up. 

Anyway,  now I'm tired, have a headache, and DH is watching now the other college game on TV. I think I'm probably heading to bed. 

I got nothing else done at all. Ugh. Will have to do a ton of stuff tomorrow. 

I prayed you will feel better.

• Like 3