Menu

Let's Tackle Thursday Together

TravelingChris

Good morning!  After so many days in a row of gloomy weather, it is great to wake up to see the sun's ray lighting up my wooded properties tree leaves.   I don't think the storms are all that far away since I have been having a gigantic amount of stiffness in my back and woke up at 3am in very bad pain.  But fortunately, I did get back to sleep.

To do 

• shower and asthma meds
  • make coffee for dh
  • breakfast
  • prep for going
  • drive to Nashville
  • doctor appt, Prolia shot, 
  • lunch somewhere
  • drive home
  • go to super fantastic party in my city downtown square w/ food trucks, LED light show, live music, etc to celebrate our city being named Best City in the USA to live in-  by US News and Report
  • Like 5

Sounds like a good day!@TravelingChris

I have dropped Ds at school, fed the silly dog, tested blood sugar (140, boo!), and am making coffee. 

Later:

Meeting at 9:30  

Vacuum, once over lightly ✔️ 

Apply for a job

Send an email to parents of kids in my Wed night church class, so they will know what’s happening.

Update YNAB and pay a bill

Read for challenge

Buy a new lunch box/bag. Pack a dinner for me (and Dd?) ✔️ 

Walk during Dd’s dance class

AHG tonight.

I am sad to be missing Ds’ first 9th grade football game tonight! Dh will go. I will get to see the other three. Hoping he does ok on the physics quiz today!! He is struggling and bombed the first one. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Howdie, happy Thursday!

The kids got to school on time today, yay!  Kid2 was still the last person to the car, but she was more motivated, because her 1st period teacher told her off yesterday.  Good!  Glad it worked.  It should save me some white hairs.

Kid1 has been getting downstairs and making herself breakfast lately.  That's new.  She always did eat better when not pushed.  Maybe the Lactaid is helping too.

My schedule situation is similar to yesterday.  No work meetings etc.  I did very little client work again yesterday.  Need to make things happen before I get myself in trouble.

Done:

• Slept despite some alarms/snoozes.
  • Woke the kids.
  • Made breakfast, lunch, coffee.
  • Took the pup out.
  • Drove the kids to school.
  • Updated calendar for band stuff.
  • Sent a dumb wrong text to kid's therapist kuz I misread my calendar, then sent another text apologizing for my mistake.  Also it was too early.  I shouldn't text before coffee.
  • Wordle (3), nerdle (3), quordle (9), spelling bee (2), letter box (4).
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, electronic school stuff.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Yoga etc.
  • Some reading.
  • Eat fruit, veggies, take vitamins, drink water.
  • Pup stuff.  Walk the pup?
  • Clean the kitchen etc., do laundry.
  • Kid1 frog watch stuff & hopefully driving practice.
  • Kid2 driving practice.
  • Kids to band practice 5-7pm.
  • Make the kids do their homework, pup duties, pick up after themselves, etc.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

Good morning! 

Today our new schedule kicks in, in full blast. Let the semester of all the driving commence. (DH will mostly do the driving, as he can "work from home" from wherever, but still....)

So, for today:

....coffee
....get Middle up in time for his classes
....send DH and Middle off

....work on school with Youngest
....work on my school prep for Monday
....plan dinner/cook dinner when it's dinner time
....DH and middle come home, eat dinner
....go to fencing
...come home, go to bed

Should there be any free time in that list, nap? sew? Not sure....I doubt there will be free time.....

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 5

Good morning! 

Our internet and cable were out all morning, so I cancelled my first class and told them I would try to post a video when it came up. It just did, so I might see how many can get on soon and just go ahead and have it. My next class isn't until 12:30. 

Today is the anniversary of the day dh and I met at college in 1985, and it's ds and his girlfriend's one year anniversary of dating (met at the same school). I didn't realize it was the same date until he told me this week it was. I think it's really cool we share an anniversary! 

• walk when I first got up
  • medicine
  • coffee and scrambled eggs
  • maybe have class if they all can
  • 2 more students (online and in person)
  • do lesson plans for next week
  • tidy some areas in the house
  • meal plan and grocery list
  • grocery shopping today or tomorrow
  • take another walk this evening
  • hopefully talk dh into doing something fun tomorrow (He starts back to school Monday.)
  • watch something and relax
  • calcium
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Printed the stuff for K & 1st, will file and then look at science/extras later

finished the various word games I play

adding to the list:  -refine the US/Standards Edition charts (equivalent pages for Singapore); -match the chapters to the topics for history, for the 2 families that are following along in their own book; -consider whether to go hear a candidate for governor talk at noon, or not....?; -update attendance sheet for classes w/all the kids who were late to register, print those, put in my binder

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 5

Helped DS with his chemistry homework

Finally had an email from his economics teacher w/the homework for that class, adding it to my list

Answered an email from one of my student's parents, about confusion over an assignment - I *really* need to remember to pre-do one of these next year when I send them home the 1st time

Finished matching chapter numbers to topics for history, so typing that up and will send out to those who wanted it

• Like 4

So, I printed the current versions of my singapore conversion charts (standards to US), and am going to show them all to the mom who needs them, and see what format makes the most sense to her, b/c I have them in about 3 different styles from one book to the next, and they all make sense to *me* but I don't want to standardize them in a way that doesn't make sense to other people. 

So, tabling that for now, and will instead head up and resume school with DS 

• Like 2

so, did the economics for the day. DS kept nodding off, which he tends to do every time we sit and do written work. :sigh: Earlier bedtime?? 

DH is heading home shortly

Dinner is planned

I am similarly drowsy, so going to plow through the rest of my list before time to cook...I think I'll walk down and get the mail first to wake up

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

Good morning!  After so many days in a row of gloomy weather, it is great to wake up to see the sun's ray lighting up my wooded properties tree leaves.   I don't think the storms are all that far away since I have been having a gigantic amount of stiffness in my back and woke up at 3am in very bad pain.  But fortunately, I did get back to sleep.

Done

• shower and asthma meds
  • make coffee for dh
  • breakfast
  • prep for going
  • drive to Nashville
  • doctor appt, Prolia shot, Need to check if my prescriptions are in.  We both agreed that we will not be changing treatment today like changing from Enbrel--I told her that Enbrel seemed to be working well until I had extreme stress/overwork two weekends ago, and that I think my vacation should be low stress.  She is upping my steroids instead and also prescribed a medicine for my Sjogren's - that helps w dry mouth.
  • lunch somewhere- we decided we really liked the breakfast at Big Bad Breakfast last time so we went there =-dh had the same thing but I decided to have Bourbon soaked deep fried French toast on French bread with very crispy fatback bacon and Iced Mocha--- yummy
  • drive home- drive home was so much better than the drive there, we had to go on a detour from I65 at one point for unknown reasons since there was a half hour back-up and we were already delayed to do the pest guy doing our service and blocking us in,  Fortunately, we were only 10 minutes late and got out of there within a half hour
  • go to super fantastic party in my city downtown square w/ food trucks, LED light show, live music, etc to celebrate our city being named Best City in the USA to live in-  by US News and Report Really hope we will go, and since neither of us want to cook dinner, going is probably best

• Like 3

Dh and I decided to go to Red Lobster for dinner. I've had a gift card for awhile. We went to the mall and walked a bit. I found a planner I really liked when we went in the Books A Million store. 

We just watched She Hulk and a Handmaid's Tale, so it's been a nice afternoon and evening. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheReader said:

So, I printed the current versions of my singapore conversion charts (standards to US), and am going to show them all to the mom who needs them, and see what format makes the most sense to her, b/c I have them in about 3 different styles from one book to the next, and they all make sense to *me* but I don't want to standardize them in a way that doesn't make sense to other people. 

So, tabling that for now, and will instead head up and resume school with DS 

The conversion chart is that metric to imperial? 

I would love a copy if it is. Just need vey basic. 

• Like 1

Home from AHG. Dd did a great job driving tonight! I was not scared once. 😜

Ds loved playing football and made some good plays. 🏈 🏈 Now he is being ornery and impatient about doing school work. Dh is helping him. SO thankful for his calm and persistence! 

Tested blood sugar, took medication, tidied the kitchen, stopped the dryer, set the A/C lower.

Headed to bed. 

• Like 1

My ds girlfriend,  the absolutly nicest girl in the universe loves the vintage tops I have been making.  She asked for one of these tops,  

But she is into skulls and I have been having trouble finding some fabric.  I have finally found the perfect fabric and it just arrived so today I am hoping to cut it out.  

received_1118769605709754.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, I got most of my to-do list done for a change.

I finished a nagging tedious government report for a client.  It didn't exactly go as planned, but at least it's registering as done before the deadline.  Hopefully nobody needs any changes.  Since I didn't finish that until 7pm, I didn't get much else done work-wise.

Both girls did band and driving practice after school.  Then laundry, cleaning, homework, frog watch.  Hopefully ready for Friday.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

ah, no, sorry; it's for Singapore Math's Standards Edition to US Edition, what page numbers coincide. The content of the 2 is 99% identical, but the pages are just the tiniest hair off, so my students sometimes use either one or the other (I keep saying Standards Ed., but some get the US instead)....since the content is the same, it works, but I'm trying to save myself having to post up both sets of page numbers every week and put it on them. 

10 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

I did find this website -- maybe you can request their copy &/or copy/paste and print these? 

Metric to US -- https://www.nist.gov/pml/owm/approximate-conversions-metric-us-customary-measures
US to Metric -- https://www.nist.gov/pml/owm/approximate-conversions-us-customary-measures-metric

Hope that helps! 

• Thanks 1