Menu

2nd booster ugh

Scarlett

Dh and I go our second booster yesterday about noon.  He has been sick to his stomach since about 3 a.m. he woke me up and asked me to get him a vomit bag,,,,and I gave him an anti nausea pill and another one about 8.  He is sleeping now.

I came home yesterday and slept several hours. Then by bedtime I had a massive headache. I still have it this morning. 

I am not sure if these are vaccine side affects or what but ugh.  I had hand surgery last Wednesday so I am just over all miserable.  

• Sad 20

Incidentally, I feel worse after a booster than I do with Covid. Doesn't last as long--30 hours compared to hmm, day 9 now. But I run a fever, need to stay lying down even when I'm not actually sleeping, flu-like. Bleah. Compared to I have a cold and want to nap a bit now. But I'm sure I'd feel a lot worse if I didn't put up with the boosters. Hang in there.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Incidentally, I feel worse after a booster than I do with Covid. Doesn't last as long--30 hours compared to hmm, day 9 now. But I run a fever, need to stay lying down even when I'm not actually sleeping, flu-like. Bleah. Compared to I have a cold and want to nap a bit now. But I'm sure I'd feel a lot worse if I didn't put up with the boosters. Hang in there.

We had first booster first of November. So it has been a while. But I am pretty sure neither of us felt this bad before with any of the shots.

we were second hand exposed Sunday evening…..and we are going to be on vacation in less than three weeks with my immune compromised friend…..so we just have to get through it. 

• Like 2

Oh man.  I am sorry you guys aren't feeling well.  I hope you feel better soon.  My 1st booster kicked my butt for over a week.  I was hoping that it was because I got my Flu shot at the same time, and that the others wouldn't do that to me.  But I am worried about it whenever I can get one.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Dh and I go our second booster yesterday about noon.  He has been sick to his stomach since about 3 a.m. he woke me up and asked me to get him a vomit bag,,,,and I gave him an anti nausea pill and another one about 8.  He is sleeping now.

I came home yesterday and slept several hours. Then by bedtime I had a massive headache. I still have it this morning. 

I am not sure if these are vaccine side affects or what but ugh.  I had hand surgery last Wednesday so I am just over all miserable.  

Hope you get through this. And let me know if the anti nausea pill works (Zofran?). One of my kids vomited a few times after his. DH has major digestive issues (among other things). after his shots.

2 minutes ago, Mom_to3 said:

Hope you get through this. And let me know if the anti nausea pill works (Zofran?). One of my kids vomited a few times after his. DH has major digestive issues (among other things). after his shots.

The anti nausea did help but it took two doses.  

• Like 1

My 2nd booster had me down with flu like stuff for about 36 hours but it was clear sailing after that.  And by flu I mean influenza not stomach flu - aches, malaise, low grade fever, headache.   So the stomach stuff sounds weird to me, haven't heard of that at all!   Hope it's short lived for you.  

4 hours ago, catz said:

My 2nd booster had me down with flu like stuff for about 36 hours but it was clear sailing after that.  And by flu I mean influenza not stomach flu - aches, malaise, low grade fever, headache.   So the stomach stuff sounds weird to me, haven't heard of that at all!   Hope it's short lived for you.  

I thought the stomach stuff was a weird one too.  Maybe it was because he worked out in the yard in 100 degrees yesterday when we got home from getting the vaccine.  

12 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I thought the stomach stuff was a weird one too.  Maybe it was because he worked out in the yard in 100 degrees yesterday when we got home from getting the vaccine.  

I know a few people who got the stomach stuff just like your dh did, so working outside in the heat might have made it worse or made it come on more quickly, but he might have gotten it anyway, just as a reaction to the vaccine. I was worried about that possibility when I got my booster!

33 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I know a few people who got the stomach stuff just like your dh did, so working outside in the heat might have made it worse or made it come on more quickly, but he might have gotten it anyway, just as a reaction to the vaccine. I was worried about that possibility when I got my booster!

I am so glad we got it over with but we have been down ALL day.  Literally barely got out of bed. 

• Sad 2