Menu

What are the best Christmas movies?

We love The Nativity Story. My dc have also seen The Toy That Saved Christmas (VeggieTales). Oh, and the goofy one with the boy and the BB gun, but I don't remember the name. I wouldn't have picked it, but Grandma had it on the TV when we were there. Help me make a list of must-see movies, and if you know if they are available in their entirety on YouTube. Thanks!!!!

Difinitely the musical film Scrooge! We love that one. Also. a Muppet Chirstmas Carol and A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott. I also like Scrooge with Alistair Sim from the early 1950's that's in B&W.

I like Polar Express and The House Without a Christmas Tree.

Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas was a hit last year. My grown bros. sill love it.

I also recommend Miracle on 34th St, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas in Connecticut, The Bishop's Wife, Shop Around the Corner, and Christmas Story, which is the one with the BB gun.

Elf is good, but maybe too adult-themed???

I like all those clay animations with Rudolph and Santa, too, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

I'll 2nd White Christmas and add Holiday Inn.

I don't know anything about You-Tube, though. Sorry.

Merry Christmas!!

Edited by CactusPair

Home Alone (the original)

Polar Express

A Christmas Carol/Scrooge (there is a Mickey Mouse Version for the littles)

A Christmas Story ("goofy bb gun one" LOL which happens to be my all time favorite!)

Rudolph

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

The Santa Clause I and II (and III)

It's a Wonderful Life (I so hated this movie until I as old enough to appreciate it)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both the Jim Carrey version - for older family members and the Cartoon version for even the little).