Menu

Let's Tackle Tuesday Together

TravelingChris

Sorry for the rough start to your day, Christina!! Hope your flight is ok. My mom is in a wheelchair and goes right to the front if the security line. Did it work that way for you? 

I had a hard time going to sleep last night and am weary this morning. Bacon is cooking and coffee is made. 

Boy to school
Tutor one student   She is sick - lesson cancelled.
Make ham n bean soup 
Put laundry away

Finish badge prep
Dd to tutorial
Publix?   Whole Foods instead. Local, grassfed cream is actually cheaper there! 
Walk if the weather improves
Pick up Ds early and set up Zoom call for him.
Remind guys about BSA swim test tonight

Go to a play  ✔️ 
Fall apart

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

@TravelingChris, I'm sorry for the rough start to your day! I hope it gets better soon! 

I have some things I didn't get to yesterday that I need to do today.

• dh's breakfast and lunch
  • shower and get ready
  • coffee
  • 2 Zoom sessions today
  • bible study/devotion
  • go see a printer about some printing costs
  • go to the library
  • pay bills/update checking 
  • tidy house
  • tutor 1st grader
  • quick dinner for dh
  • head out to Chattanooga to take care of the cats (I'm going to eat up there.)
  • get back home and look over lessons for tomorrow

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Hugs, Chris; prayers for a safe flight. 

my day today:
....coffee
....school emails that I didn't do last night (this week's schedule is all wonky)
....prep for 2nd Grade for tomorrow
....school with DS?
....work on hand-sewing the binding on the graffiti quilt
....dance class/lesson tonight with DS, prep for his dance/prom/gala this weekend
....dinner?? not sure if DH or I are cooking
....hope the Tampa Bay stadium tour people call back to get the cc so we can finalize our tour reservation (going over one day during the disney trip)
....whatever I am forgetting....

• Like 4

Howdie, happy Tuesday!

It started out better than yesterday, so far.  Though the pup has been in the crate all morning (except for potty breaks) - no chance to barf on the carpet yet.

Kid1 failed to get into the car by 7:35, so she had to beg a ride with Auntie.  They had state testing today, so being late would be extra unfair to Kid2.  Thanks to Auntie's unique driving style, they were right behind me by the time I dropped Kid2 off.  😛

If I were a morning person, or less of a morning mess, I suppose I could force my kids to be better.  Oh well.  Nobody's perfect.

Done:

• I don't know how much sleep I got ....
  • Kid1 awake to wash her hair.
  • Kid2 awake.
  • Me permanently out of bed; kids to school on time.
  • Took the pup out and put him back in his crate.
  • Long discussion about how I should fix the fact that geometry is hard for my kid.  (Not "how," just that I should fix it.)
  • Wordle (3), nerdle (3), quordle (8), and worldle (3 with a little help from Google).
  • Caught up on emails, calendar, news, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • A little reading.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Yoga etc.
  • Shower & hair wash.
  • Eat fruit, vegetables, take vitamins, drink water.
  • More pup stuff.  Walk him?
  • More reading.
  • Laundry - at least 1 new load + process what's in the washer & dryer.
  • Kid1 to track meet.
  • Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Hang out at track meet (after dropping kid2), to leave less opportunity for idle minds and stupid choices.
  • Kid1 driving lesson.
  • Make kids do homework/review & pup duty, clean up after themselves, and get ready for tomorrow morning.
  • Update personal tax info, send to CPA, file papers.
  • More shredding.
  • Set alarms for morning.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

Got the homework page updated and emails sent out, despite a minor annoyance w/DH about it

Put away all of the laundry he did yesterday

Called to give our cc to the tour place, but no answer, so left messages; will also email the guy b/c the form was very clear our spot isn't held until they get that.....as we've rearranged the entire day/park thing three times to accommodate this, I'd like it confirmed....

Tackling 2nd grade stuff now while I am still riding this annoyed energy that makes me productive.....

• Like 3

Had a nice shower & hair wash  (Only heard about 10 text dings and several dog barks while I was in there.)  Finally switched out the shower curtain which was long overdue.

Ate fruit, took vitamins, drank water.

Re-washed the load in the washer ... mainly to buy time before someone else throws my clothes out to make room for theirs.

Back to work.

• Like 3

Made a nice lunch for Dh.
Soup is almost done.
Did some electronic chores and one AHG thing. 

ETA:
Pick up CSA box! First one of the season. I'll get eggs too.

Dd decided to skip the play tonight because she has a lot of math to do. Wise choice, but I'm sad she will miss seeing kids she knows perform. I will be SO glad when summer is here and she does not have to work so hard and can have more evenings free. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Finished the 2nd grade prep

went to the store, got what I needed for that

went with DH to return all the excess stuff that was purchased but not used for the patio cover build - nearly $500 in returns, which nicely offsets the roughly equivalent amount (probably?) spent during the weekend for stuff that we didn't know we would need 

picked up some grocery items they didn't have last time we were there, and ordered the corsage/bouttaniere (sp?) for DS for his dance on Friday

called yet another number to try and put the cc info for our stadium tour, reached a real person who had it taken care of in about 2 minutes, yay! 

having some cheese & triscuits then going up to do school with DS

• Like 2

Treading the minefield that is parenting teens ... I "hovered" by hanging out at my kid's track meet ... it could have gone either way, but it ended on a positive note.  She decided to leave early with me after finishing her events.  Then we had a couple of driving lessons.  Not sure what I did right vs. what I do wrong the other times when I get the cold shoulder.  😛  Whatever, I'll take it.  🙂

We got a half hour of driving in ... now we're up to 1.5 hours done out of 50 required.  (It felt like a lot more than 1.5 hours, say my white hairs.)  I don't know how parents of twins and triplets do this.  (In our state, kids under 16 can only practice with a parent or legal guardian or certified driving instructor.)

• Like 2

-Pump milk.

-Get more dramamine and baby tylenol.

-Buy earplugs.

-Buy kids new socks, underwear, and under shirts and sandals.

-Get more pacifiers, diapers, baby food, and baby pool float.

-Buy trip food.

-Get Sadie’s ice cream for finishing xtramath section.

-Dinner ingredient from store.

-Buy more food storage buckets.

-Clean out car.

-Submit last three work samples for semester to the charter school.

Make dinner.

-Ds's cello lesson.

-Wash clothes so we're ready for packing.

-Stitch on bias edge on one side of baby quilt, so it's ready for me to hand stitch onto the other side during the drive.

-Return library books.

-Stop mail.

-Wash out cooler.

• Like 1

@ScoutTN and @SKL, check into professional driving courses. As long as he doesn't cause an accident, our insurance will give ds an extra discount until age 25 because he took a course. It was really good. He learned a lot, and they took him on the interstate for the first time. I think those teachers must have nerves of steel! For it to count, he had to take it BEFORE he got his license. 

3 hours ago, mom31257 said:

@ScoutTN and @SKL, check into professional driving courses. As long as he doesn't cause an accident, our insurance will give ds an extra discount until age 25 because he took a course. It was really good. He learned a lot, and they took him on the interstate for the first time. I think those teachers must have nerves of steel! For it to count, he had to take it BEFORE he got his license. 

Yes, we will definitely go that route for Ds!

But Dd is almost ready to get her license and the course is hard to schedule here, and pricey. $600 just for the driving part. Dh is her primary teacher - he does have nerves of steel! She did an online course before getting her permit, which did get us a discount on the insurance. 

6 hours ago, mom31257 said:

My kid is taking a drivers' ed course.

Our state requires 24 hours in class + 8 in-car hours with a certified driving instructor, in addition to 50 hours driving with the parent, and at least a 6 month gap between receiving the permit and testing for the license.  It sounds reasonable, but I have another kid eligible to test for her temps in early June, so I'll be training two kids after that.  I'm sure it gets easier with time, but right now each quarter-hour feels like a lot.  😛

It's a bit unclear, but I don't think I will get a discount for my kids' required driver's ed.  There are some "defensive driving course" discounts, but I don't know if they apply at this age.  Once my kid finishes her course and gets her certificate, I'll contact the insurance company for clarity.

To be fair, the additional insurance cost so far is less than I had feared.

• Like 1