Menu

We are going down.....updated

alysee

It all started with my preschooler 5 days ago, sick got her positive yesterday. Today myself and my two oldest got the positive. Just waiting for it to hit the boys. My husband and I are triple vaxxed, my oldest 4 have one covid shot and were waiting for their second ones in March. The three year old obviously isnt vaxxed. Symptoms have been similar to a cold. Achy, sore throat, cough, headache. For me it's the headache that's killing me because all I can take is tylenol because I am 11 weeks pregnant. 

Update: Now just my husband is standing. Me, the 3yo and the first kid to come to bed get the queen sized bed and the rest of the kids get pillows and comforters on the floor while my husband is keeping his distance(as much as he can, Ha!) And sleeping in the girls room with the double bed bunk bed. 

Edited by alysee
  • Sad 34

Us, too! DS15 had cold symptoms the week before last -- I tested him periodically and it was always negative. So when DS 17 had the same symptoms, I thought nothing of it until he got worse and asked to be tested. He was positive a week ago yesterday. One by one, we have all tested positive over the last several days with the exception of DH. It's been quite mild for all of us, including our high-risk kiddo, and for that I'm very grateful! Our vaccines worked, helping to prevent severe disease. 🙂 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• alysee changed the title to We are going down.....updated

So sorry-- our family went through this in January-- started with the 2yr old... we fell like dominoes!  My DD only had mild symptoms for a day or so, the 2yr old and I had it tough for about a week (both of us have lingering issues still).  DH was the 'last man standing'-- but even though he felt great-- he still tested positive for 2 weeks.

The vaccinations will not prevent you from catching Omicron-- they do help to keep you out of the hospital but they do not give you immunity (told to us by hospital staff when we had to take 2yr old in for IV fluids).  Thankfully Omicron tends to be more mild than the other variations.

Hope that your family recovers quickly-- and that your 'caretaker' DH does not get ill!