Menu

talk to me about rebounders . . .

gardenmom5

I had a rebounder for dudeling when he was little - it was great (they're great for proprioception) , it was in my dining room until he didn't want it anymore and told me to get rid of it.  then he changed his mind . . 

I have since purchased two brand new ones for close to $100 each on amazon. . . They've both had springs break within a few months.  He's WELL under the weight limits. It was the extremely poor quality of the springs causing them to snap.

So - I need a new rebounder.  This time, I'm willing to pay for one that won't break! Durability is high on the list of requirements.

bungee or spring?

hexagon or round?

soft or hard bounce?

talk to me . . . . . 

If you’re not looking in the Bellicon price range, Jumpsport is a good, solid brand. I’ve had two in their 350 line (basic and Pro) and they were both great and long-lasting.  Most of the bungee rebounders are adjustable so you can customize the bounce (harder/softer). 

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

If you’re not looking in the Bellicon price range, Jumpsport is a good, solid brand. I’ve had two in their 350 line (basic and Pro) and they were both great and long-lasting.  Most of the bungee rebounders are adjustable so you can customize the bounce (harder/softer). 

I just wanted to mention that Costco often has a big sale on Jumpsport rebounders on Black Friday. 🙂

Kristen, have you looked on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist for used rebounders? You might be able to find a good one at a low price, because so much exercise equipment is purchased with high hopes and good intentions, but then ends up rarely being used. 

I have an Urban Rebounder that seems good and solid. It does have springs, but they seem very strong and I doubt they would break. It's not as nice as the bungee rebounders because the bounce isn't adjustable and some people think it's not as soft as they would like, but it's also not expensive, and at one point the brand was very popular, so you might be able to pick up a used one for pretty cheap. 

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

After spending my morning reading up on mini-tramps, I've pretty much settled on a Jumpsport . .(I don't want to pay Bellicon prices)  only question is . . which one?  I've been looking at everything from the 350 - 550 . . . I like the diameter of the 430, but the weight limit is only 225.  And the $$$ of the 550 is . . . . do I really want to spend that much?

I really like the tension is adjustable - and you can buy replacement bungee cords!!!!

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

I just wanted to mention that Costco often has a big sale on Jumpsport rebounders on Black Friday. 🙂

Oh this is good to know.  I like their 550 kit, as it includes the bar.  (which is $100 all by itself.)  Do they have the in the warehouse, or will it be online?   (warehouse and online are two separate entities. . . prices do vary between the two.)  I don't want to wait until January, as this was going to be dudeling's Christmas present.  (I already owe him a graphics card .  . . if it ever comes in . . . . )  I haven't' noticed any sports equipment, but I haven't been looking.  (I've been searching for panettone - but they don't seem to have any this year.)

15 minutes ago, hippymamato3 said:

What is a rebounder? I have never heard this term.

mini-trampoline.  indoor trampoline, exercise/fitness trampoline.  They're great for ASD kids to help develop proprioception.   They generally run from 36" - 44" (though you can find smaller and larger.)  with or without a jump bar.  (little kids ones now might come with a net.)  They come in round, hexagon, or oval.

there is a vertical rebounder that is used in lacrosse.  And then pilates has a contraption that includes a rebounder.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Can’t one just buy replacement springs? 🤔

Depends upon  how they are attached.  And when you're replacing springs that broke two months after purchase - it's more reliable to get a better quality trampoline.

The jumpsport - which is what I'm looking at - has a three year warranty on the mat and the bungee cords.  The frame is lifetime.  Meaning - I will probably have to replace the mat or the bungee cords at some point (and NOT two months after I bought it), but I should never have to replace the whole thing again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

After spending my morning reading up on mini-tramps, I've pretty much settled on a Jumpsport . .(I don't want to pay Bellicon prices)  only question is . . which one?  I've been looking at everything from the 350 - 550 . . . I like the diameter of the 430, but the weight limit is only 225.  And the $$$ of the 550 is . . . . do I really want to spend that much?

I was content with the size of the 350.  Sometimes doing a jumping jack, my feet would stray onto the side padding, but it wasn’t a big deal. I suppose it depends on how tall you are, also.  Taller people would probably appreciate a larger surface  (I’m 5’4”).

I looked at the 430, but it seemed a more cheaply-made option (the frame is different than all the others, and I don’t think the bungees are adjustable — I could be wrong). But the price was really good!

Someone else mentioned Leaps & Rebounds. I use to use YouTube videos from AngieFitnessTV, and she has both a Jumpsport and a L&R. She seemed to like the L&R, but it has so-so reviews on Amazon (rebounder legs bending, etc). 

• Like 2

I was content with the size of the 350.  Sometimes doing a jumping jack, my feet would stray onto the side padding, but it wasn’t a big deal. I suppose it depends on how tall you are, also.  Taller people would probably appreciate a larger surface  (I’m 5’4”).

I looked at the 430, but it seemed a more cheaply-made option (the frame is different than all the others, and I don’t think the bungees are adjustable — I could be wrong). But the price was really good!

Someone else mentioned Leaps & Rebounds. I use to use YouTube videos from AngieFitnessTV, and she has both a Jumpsport and a L&R. She seemed to like the L&R, but it has so-so reviews on Amazon (rebounder legs bending, etc). 

My son is 5' 10"ish, and still growing. 

Good to know the 430 isn't the same frame.   It doesn't have the same weight allowance either.

reviews on Amazon

My son installed "fakespot grade" add-on on my computer.  It will go through the Amazon reviews, and filter out the fake ones.  For somethings, I'll go by Amazon reviews, for others - I'll stick with the fake spot.  The jumpsport has A's straight across.   Other "amazon favorites" . . not so much.

And you do have to read negative reviews so you can sort out the idiots from the bad merchandise.

Even on Jumpsports own site - it's harder to get information on the 430.  I initially thought it was a discontinued model.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Oh this is good to know.  I like their 550 kit, as it includes the bar.  (which is $100 all by itself.)  Do they have the in the warehouse, or will it be online?   (warehouse and online are two separate entities. . . prices do vary between the two.)  I don't want to wait until January, as this was going to be dudeling's Christmas present.  (I already owe him a graphics card .  . . if it ever comes in . . . . )  I haven't' noticed any sports equipment, but I haven't been looking.  (I've been searching for panettone - but they don't seem to have any this year.)

I'm not sure if they have them in the clubs this year, but you could call your local Costco and ask. If you have the item number from the website, you can just give it to the person who answers the phone and they can check on it for you, but I have found Costco to be pretty good at finding things even without an item number. I always check the local clubs before I order online, because sometimes the club price is cheaper than the online price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I'm not sure if they have them in the clubs this year, but you could call your local Costco and ask. If you have the item number from the website, you can just give it to the person who answers the phone and they can check on it for you, but I have found Costco to be pretty good at finding things even without an item number. I always check the local clubs before I order online, because sometimes the club price is cheaper than the online price.

sometimes SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper!

last spring - I wanted the chimes.  they were $280 online, and $60 in the warehouse.

but calling is a good idea.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

sometimes SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper!

last spring - I wanted the chimes.  they were $280 online, and $60 in the warehouse.

but calling is a good idea.

I agree -- there can be a huge price difference!  Calling is definitely easier than going to the clubs, because at this time of the year, even the employees sometimes don't know where things are, because the products keep getting moved around, so you might end up in line at customer service having them look it up on the computer anyway. And if there are several clubs within driving distance, it's so much faster to just call. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I agree -- there can be a huge price difference!  Calling is definitely easier than going to the clubs, because at this time of the year, even the employees sometimes don't know where things are, because the products keep getting moved around, so you might end up in line at customer service having them look it up on the computer anyway. And if there are several clubs within driving distance, it's so much faster to just call. 

I do recall a few years ago - I asked about something, and they were able to look it up and tell me which warehouse had it - or was going to be getting it "when."

the joys of living close to several warehouses.  I grew up in the Kirkland for which their Kirkland brand is named. . . . ;p.

• Like 1