Menu

Where do you think Brian Laundrie is?

Scarlett

19 hours ago, fraidycat said:

Re: The text from her to her mother, calling her grandfather by his first name, which was Stan, I saw an explanation somewhere on social media that STAN means Send. The. Authorities. Now.

It reminds me of the recent conversation on here about old vs. young people texting and how new meanings get lost in translation between the generations.

I think someone just came up with that to fit the narrative. It really wouldn't be effective if you actually have a Stan in your life, like she did. "Stan" means obsessed fan to all the young people I know (also has verb form). 

• Like 5

I hope this brings some peace for her family, and the time and space they need to grieve. 

I lost a lifelong friend to murder-suicide in Oct, 2019 (it’s been a rough few years). It left a lot of lingering questions, but in the end I think it’s been easier than having a long, drawn out quest for justice—that likely would feel inadequate. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

So shockingly the Laundrie attorney is telling a different story than LE about BL's timeline after he got back to FL.  

Not sure why it matters at this point when his parents reported BL missing.  But they are sure trying to spin it.

LE is probably trying to figure out if they can charge the parents with something and their lawyer is trying to squash that.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katilac said:

I think someone just came up with that to fit the narrative. It really wouldn't be effective if you actually have a Stan in your life, like she did. "Stan" means obsessed fan to all the young people I know (also has verb form). 

It's from an Eminem song.

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

So shockingly the Laundrie attorney is telling a different story than LE about BL's timeline after he got back to FL.  

Not sure why it matters at this point when his parents reported BL missing.  But they are sure trying to spin it.

based on his parents behavior - they were trying to help their son escape the law.  They knew something happened - their son showed up at their house without Gabby, but driving her van.

They gave misinformation (it not downright lies) to the authorities.

An FBI agent spoke out and said they were probably threatened with being charged with a crime for misleading federal agents if they didn't start to cooperate.  that's a charge that can net a five year prison sentence.