Menu

Tackling Friday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

I wanted to sleep in but was wide awake before 6. Dh is off to school. 

• meals
  • possibly have an extra Zoom session this afternoon
  • lesson plans for next week
  • tidy house
  • meal plan for next week and grocery list 
  • hopefully a walk tonight and some games
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning. I woke up with headache, took some Tylenol, then realized my alarm was about to go off. 

Today:

• drink more water  
  • shower  
  • blood draw and tetanus booster 
  • b’fast
  • survey the property where I have a meeting/activity for AHG girls tomorrow night
  • electronic chores - tutoring things, AHG things, YNAB
  • figure out dinner
  • pick up Ds
  • eta: CVS for my lancets that they were out of last week
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

@ScoutTN, hope your head feels better.

@math teacher, I'm so sorry your son is moving that far away. As a child who moved off a good distance, I can tell you that it wasn't easy, but we tried to see each other as much as possible. 

I've had breakfast.

The lesson plans for next week are finished and posted.

I am going to have a Zoom session at 1:00. 

I ordered 2 bookcases for our office. They match the desk we got last spring. They were on sale, and I got 15% extra off by opening a rewards account with them. 

I really want to work on getting things finalized on how we're setting up and decorating. Ds said he might come home at the end of September and bring his new girlfriend, too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! 

today I have:
,...coffee
....go work with the 5 yr old
....come home, lunch
....school with DS -- language arts, history

....piece the door sections for the quilt along
....laundry
....oh, probably DH will want to grocery shop, so do that
....dinner -- pick which meal to make tonight
....after dinner -- I think veg out/sew, as I think we don't have a movie to watch tonight

Right this minute, figuring out what on earth to do with the 5 yr old. We didn't have class Monday, so there's no "help finish the homework" and such. I have a vague plan, just need to finalize it. I have 20 mins.....

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

Okay, figured out what to do. 

Have a book of animal poetry by Nat Geo.  Have a book of Mysteries/Marvels of Nature, by Usborne. Have access to zillions of free printables. So, we will read bird poems, read the coordinating info in the science/y book, color the birds, cut/paste to make them into a collage scene with branches, leaves, etc. that she cuts out as well. 

Will take a favorite game to mix in (we have a few that are fun, but stealth education; today I will take Quick Cups, which is a stacking/match the colors in order game), along with maybe a hidden picture book and a math game. 

Whew! 

Heading out once I gather all of that and scarf some food. 

• Like 4

Ok, time to quit feeling sorry for myself:

1. Walk 5 miles with husband
  2. Change dentist appointment 
  3. Write note to friend whose mom is having radiation today.
  4. Write at least one page if not more of Galatians paper
  5. Proofread 10 Advent devotions 
  6. Email audio visual guy to confirm times he can help me film devotions.
  7. Create spreadsheet for devotion filming
  8. Finish script for advent candle lighting/ devotion combos and send to worship minister for approval.
  9. Make sure Saturday blog is scheduled. Write Honduras blog piece.
  10. Watch video responses to my theological method and respond.
  11. Finish laundry
  12. Unload study in RV
  13. Clean fridge and kitchen sink and counter in RV
  14. Dust and move stuff from oldest son's room to middle son's room. Double check clean sheets are on it.
  15. Unload the dishwasher and deep cleaned kitchen
  16. Finish reading Galatians
  17. June, July and August budgets
  18. Cook hard tacos for lunch
  19. Quiet time
  20. Read commentary for Acts
  21. Finish reading Galatians
  22. Wiped down kids bathroom. Note to self...toilet grows things. Still need to do this every week even though no one is using it.
  23. Swept and mopped kids' bathroom and back hall.
Edited by TexasProud
  • Like 4

I am sorry math teacher about your son moving so far away!

I think my digestion is off again--- I have had this problem in the past.  Medicines got delayed reactions so that steroids start working in the middle of the night and sleep meds start working in the middle of the day.  I really hope last night was a one/off.  I got just over 3 hours of sleep and as Fitbit said, my sleep was poor.

Done

Made Orange Yogurt slushy and toasted homemade French Toast for breakfast

started cleaning part of oven

called pulmonologist for refills

arranged for future dil to come and help me do laundry and keep on track because my executive function skills are at almost nil

To do

Actually wipe down oven and microwave/oven

laundry

FAX release to my rheumatologist's record keeping place so they can fax records to Mayo Scottsdale

call neurologist office and check if they have sent request in to Mayo Scottsdale

Make dinner

not sure what else

• Like 4

Morning started off not good. 

A bunch of school for me 

Clean up the terrible no good mess the cat did in the laundry room. Why can't the adult in charge quit being lazy and do her one chore properly. Naturally, she's off to spend the night at her besties. Sigh. 

Dh is sick. Refuses to do what I asked. 

Positives: I tested negative. 

The bikini I bought for our family vaca looks quite good on me. Even though I've only been walking every other day. 

DS is paying me back next week. ALL his debt. Amazing. I figured we'd be last on his list. DIL fixed that. 💞 

My youngest is so amazing and awesome the way he's handled his third quarantine! 

Must get cleaned up and run out to get some good coffee. 

The neighbors did not park on my lawn last night. 

Happy Friday! 

• Like 4

@TravelingChris, I'm sorry you had a rough night!

@TexasProud, welcome to the thread! Are you possibly a theology student or teacher? 

@MooCow, I'm sorry about your dh! I'm glad your positives list is longer than the others. 

I've had lunch, showered, and dressed. I'll have the Zoom session soon. 

Texted with dd, who is moving this week. She decided to move in with a friend from work to save money on rent. They both have cats, and the other girl has never lived away from home. I'm hoping this will go well. We might go up tomorrow and help dd move more things, unpack, etc. 

Dh texted me and said he found some great help with his technology issues! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelingChris said:

To do

Actually wipe down oven and microwave/oven   

laundry  - have started first of two loads

FAX release to my rheumatologist's record keeping place so they can fax records to Mayo Scottsdale

call neurologist office and check if they have sent request in to Mayo Scottsdale After lunch

Make dinner

not sure what else

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 4

Went to Starbucks, got dh a pumpkin scone  and some good coffee. Usually only go there on Sundays. Cleaned up dried coffee on my leather that dh ignored last Sunday. 

Ordered a great bra from Amazon that was only $10! Plus a cover up that was $10. 

Thinking about leaving mess for dd to clean up. If cat will go outside to potty. It just triggers me barfing. Sorry tmi. 

Math teacher, sorry you're son will be so far away. Scout, glad you're headache is gone. Christina, praying you get good sleep tonight. 

• Like 3

Howdie, happy Friday!

Done:

• Kids to school on time, yay!
  • Pup duty all day so far.  He was mostly OK except for one crazy moment when someone was teasing him.  Now he's lying down so sweetly and I almost don't want to disturb him with lunch.  😛
  • Processed a lot of laundry from the dryer and washed/dried the kids' summer band uniforms.
  • Got my mammogram done!  Why is that so stressful?  It wasn't painful, though I worried that it would be.
  • A little reading and housework.
  • A little client work.
  • Canceled my October 2 theater tickets that I'd bought for my birthday.  Thankfully they will give me a full refund.
  • Various other minor items.

To do:

• Pup's lunch.
  • Pick up the kids & grab food for them.
  • Get kids to do a bit of work while they're home.
  • Kids off to the band bus for an away game.  They'll be gone from about 4:45 to probably 10 or later.  Hope they remember the things they need to bring.
  • More client work, pup duty, and whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

Ate lunch outside at CfA.
Discovered that Office Depot nearest to me went under. Is the chain in .trouble? That is the second store to close in my part of town. 
Made chili for dinner. will do cornbread later, if I have time. 

To do:
YNAB! Pay bills.
Look up directions to the high school where Dd will take the ACT tomorrow
Library? 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Ate lunch outside at CfA.
Discovered that Office Depot nearest to me went under. Is the chain in .trouble? That is the second store to close in my part of town. 
Made chili for dinner. will do cornbread later, if I have time. 

To do:
YNAB! Pay bills.
Look up directions to the high school where Dd will take the ACT tomorrow
Library? 

All of ours merged with Staples & Office Max, and it's all one big chain now, I think. So various locations closed as they consolidated. 

• Like 3

Did school with DS

Took out food for tonight, as we may/may not get to the store today

Got my line-up rope in (I went with plain, colored, cotton rope this time instead of the one with the cute loops, b/c the kids just fight and are squished all together that way); here's hoping.  The rope is super soft and I can probably get a command hook and keep it up in the cabinet/near the door at all times. Or in my bag at school. 

Starting laundry now

• Like 3

@ScoutTN hope your head feels better ... see that it does. Good.. Looks like you are getting things done, though! Love the Darth Vader voice! Don't be too impressed, though. It is just me. I have no children to take care of and nowhere to go. Good luck for your Dd taking the ACT.

@math teacher  Sadness. Know you will miss your son!! Hugs.

@mom31257 OOHH. Meeting the girlfriend. is it serious? We haven't even had non- serious SO's with our adult kids. Yes, I am a seminary student.

@TheReader Looks like you figured something cool out for your 5yo. Way to go. Oh...didn't go so well. Sorry.

@SKLsorry about the theater tickets!

@MooCow Sorry your day isn't going well.

I am tired, but almost done with the list. Then... just do...???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

@ScoutTN hope your head feels better ... see that it does. Good.. Looks like you are getting things done, though! Love the Darth Vader voice! Don't be too impressed, though. It is just me. I have no children to take care of and nowhere to go. Good luck for your Dd taking the ACT.

@math teacher  Sadness. Know you will miss your son!! Hugs.

@mom31257 OOHH. Meeting the girlfriend. is it serious? We haven't even had non- serious SO's with our adult kids. Yes, I am a seminary student.

@TheReader Looks like you figured something cool out for your 5yo. Way to go. Oh...didn't go so well. Sorry.

@SKLsorry about the theater tickets!

@MooCow Sorry your day isn't going well.

I am tired, but almost done with the list. Then... just do...???

thanks! The lesson portion went well, the girl was a pill today. I'm friends with her family and she's in my co-op class, but they have me still coming on Friday's to help with homework/tutor/provide a little extra help. She's smart, but it's a bit of a situation where the more positive influences, the better. 

She's a cutie, though, and was just in an "I'm in charge" mood today. We took turns, I provided her opportunity to be in charge, and then reined her in when it was my turn. 

Enjoy your free time! I hope you find something relaxing and enjoyable to do! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheReader said:

Enjoy your free time! I hope you find something relaxing and enjoyable to do! 

Yeah, approaching my least favorite time of the day. The only thing I have left to do is budget. Yuck. I will spend 45 minutes and that is it. Then it will be 5:30 and 6.  I will probably just be on here. My husband will be working on his millions of projects. He makes me look like a lazy slug. But this is the time of day when my body is tired and my brain is as well. But I cannot go to bed until 9. I am up at 3 as it is. If I fall asleep earlier, I will be awake earlier. My body seems to like around 6 hours of sleep, though last night I didn't sleep that well. But I will probably just surf on here I guess. I am too tired to do anything else.

• Sad 4

Took DS to the store to find a bday gift for a friend; 4th store he finally found what he wanted, and some things for himself (he was looking for hats).  Luckily all the stores are in basically the same shopping strip, so that didn't take all that long. 

DH is cooking dinner tonight, so I'm free for the evening. 

• Like 3

@TexasProud, ds just started college a month ago and already has a girlfriend, so not too serious I hope! She was part of a bigger online group of people who became friends before coming to the school.  He did have one kind of serious relationship when he was 15-16. They had just started texting each other when her dad died of a heart attack at 47. They became boyfriend and girlfriend awhile after that, then she moved to Colorado. They kept the relationship going for over a year after she moved. They both flew to see each other more than once. He only broke it off because of the distance. The weird thing is that this new girl sort of looks like her. 

I rarely get much more than 6 hours, too. It's like my body just can't stay asleep longer. Sometimes I can get a nap in the afternoon. 

• Like 4

I went to the post office and then to Hobby Lobby. I visited a clothing store that I used to go to with my mom and grandmother. The lady inside said it has been open 49 years and is still owned by the same people.  No wonder I thought I remembered going like in elementary school. 

Dh is going to make an appearance at the home game tonight. I'm staying here and will watch something. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Uggh. Played the piano. I am sitting here with nothing to do but thinking of my mom dying and people on this board are so freaking mean... Now everyone, but some of them.  Just scrolling and scrolling and scrolling.....

I am so sorry. (((big hugs)))) I cannot imagine all you are facing.  I'm sorry people are being mean. And praying that maybe things aren't as bad as your mom made them sound, and that you can get clear answers when you go with her on Monday. 

• Like 3

Got the door units done - much faster than I thought! 

Heading downstairs to clean/put away my mess in the dining room, so if DH wants to eat in there, we can. I have school stuff all.over.the.place. 

Will work on cutting out/piecing the four blocks for this month on this thing, and then see what else I have time for after that. 

• Like 3

Dd and I , mostly me cleaned up cat mess. 

Got dinner out. 

A friend brought me over more zucchini bread she makes! So good! 

Youngest helped neighbor set up projector in her backyard. It's very noisy, lol 

Dd is off to her besties....the daughter of the friend who baked for me. She might be gone until Sunday. 

I'm done with school tonight. Going on my walk soon. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TexasProud said:

Uggh. Played the piano. I am sitting here with nothing to do but thinking of my mom dying and people on this board are so freaking mean... Now everyone, but some of them.  Just scrolling and scrolling and scrolling.....

I'm so very sorry!! Praying for peace and comfort for you! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MooCow said:

I did a mile and jogged in spurts about half a mile. 

I'm returning my bikinis. Dh likes me better in tankinis even though he won't be there 

He now loves zucchini bread lol

Oh, bummer on the bikinis! ((Hugs)) My dh is the same way, but...still, bummer. 😞 

Good for you on the walk/jog!