Menu

What are you reading/watching/listening to

lovinmyboys

Reading: 

• Myself, book - Think like a Monk - I'm roughly halfway through.
  • Myself, other random stuff from magazines, internet, work stuff.
  • Family, audiobook - Ethan Frome - this is their summer reading assignment for 10th honors English.
  • Family, other random stuff - I have two shelves full of stuff I want to read with the girls this summer.  Not sure what is next.

Watching:

• I don't do TV personally.
  • We usually watch a family movie once a week, or about 2 hours of old shows on DVD.  The current old show lineup is I Love Lucy, Bewitched, and Little House on the Prairie.
  • Youtube:  true crime videos and popular music videos.
  • Weekly (or periodically catching up), we have been watching livestreamed church services.
  • I am dying for live theater to come back.  I bought tickets to The Lion King for this October.

Listening:

• Oldies but moldies, plus modern soft rock (or anything popular and catchy that isn't full of cuss words).
  • I've been a BTS fan for about 1.5 years now.
  • Sometimes I listen to my international music CDs, mostly soft foreign language or instrumental stuff.

My kids' answers would be different, but they are on their devices and I'm not up on all that stuff.  🙂

1 hour ago, Farrar said:

Oh yes, I definitely read Red, White, and Royal Blue. It was delightfully silly and also heartwarming all at once. It walked a perfect line between escapist nothing and actually good in a way I rarely see. But... I liked some aspects of One Last Stop more. I'm a sucker for a sweet lesbian romance. The mystery elements of the story really worked well for me.

Do you have recommendations to share, Farrar? I've read more m/m than f/f romances.

Regards,

Kareni

Reading: Well I read it through once but now I need to re-read it and digest. If I Have to Tell You One More Time...:The Revolutionary Program That Gets Your Kids To Listen Without Nagging, Reminding, or Yelling by Amy McCready. I'm really liking this book for my kids. I also read The Explosive Child at the same time. I like the examples in The Explosive Child, but I feel like there was more concrete help in If I Have to Tell You One More Time.

Watching: Just watching junk until I get more The ExpanseKim's Convenience, and The Rookie. 

Reading:

Secret Stories of Extinct Walt Disney World by Jim Korkis

Katharine Parr by Alison Weir

Listening to:

Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger

I'm a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson

The Scrap Gals podcast

Science Faction podcast

Watching :

Loki, Bad Batch and Monsters at Work 

recently watched Ted Lasso (recommend!!) and Mythic Quest 

• Like 1

Reading

• Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions by Jeffrey Selingo
  • Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah

Listening

• From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death audiobook by Caitlin Doughty

Watching

• Fringe

Patiently waiting for the next Outlander book releasing in November.

Edited by pitterpatter

On 7/11/2021 at 5:17 AM, Pawz4me said:

I'm not a huge TV watcher, but here lately DH has been watching a lot of Air Disasters and vet shows (The Incredible Dr. Pol, Critter Fixers and some other one set in Alaska that I can't remember the name of) and if I'm sitting here I get hooked. At this point I'm pretty sure I'll never willingly fly again and that I could maybe help birth a calf or foal if absolutely necessary. 😉 

I'm re-reading Captains and the Kings by Taylor Caldwell.

My dh got hooked on weird ER stories but also the vet shows too.  And he also likes North Woods Law,

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, Farrar said:

Reading: One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston - just finished it, so so so good for a light summer read

Watching: Hacks on HBO Max - If Jean Smart doesn't get an Emmy/Golden Globe for this show, I'll cry for her. It's SO good. Just finished it last night.

Listening to: St. Vincent... there hasn't been much else out recently that I absolutely love... I leave the radio in the car tuned to XMU most of the time if I'm not going to put something on

Someone said to me not long ago that the new thing to say is, "What media are you consuming?" which is SO PRETENTIOUS. But, gosh, also, I sort of love it. Which probably means I'm a little pretentious too. Oh well.

1.69 Million is such a great episode. Loved Hacks. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/06/14/hacks-pits-zoomer-against-boomer

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 1