Menu

This is what I need: program that recognizes that I fell asleep and marks my podcast at that point

pinball

A bonus would be if it could somehow continue to play some kind of white noise that mimics human voices.

then when I wake up, I can continue the podcast where I left off

I’m sure we have the technology but someone needs to cobble it all together!

• Like 3

@pinball@Catwoman @ktgrok

3 hours ago, Melissa Louise said:

I need that three!

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but here goes:

• First click on your "clock" app that's on your home page.
  • Then click on the timer -- at bottom right on the ipod -- then scroll to the very bottom and you'll see, "When Timer Ends Stop Playing."
  • I usually set my timer to stop after 25 minutes or so. I'm usually asleep within 15 or 20 minutes.

It doesn't actually mark your place, but it gets you in the general vicinity.

I don't know how to go from a podcast to a white noise, but it's an awesome idea! 😊

I've used this on audio books too.

Apologizing in advance if I've totally misunderstood!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Alicia64 said:

@pinball@Catwoman @ktgrok

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but here goes:

• First click on your "clock" app that's on your home page.
  • Then click on the timer -- at bottom right on the ipod -- then scroll to the very bottom and you'll see, "When Timer Ends Stop Playing."
  • I usually set my timer to stop after 25 minutes or so. I'm usually asleep within 15 or 20 minutes.

It doesn't actually mark your place, but it gets you in the general vicinity.

I don't know how to go from a podcast to a white noise, but it's an awesome idea! 😊

I've used this on audio books too.

Apologizing in advance if I've totally misunderstood!

46 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I also set a sleep timer. I set the first one for 30 minutes and if I'm still not asleep, I set it in 15 minute increments. The next day I'll set the audiobook back 10 minutes to hopefully reach the point where I nodded off.

Thanks for the ideas!

my problem is I sleep better with noise, and the lack of noise sometimes wakes me right up.

so I just let things play and then guess about when I think I fell asleep then next time I listen

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

I also don’t know how you would follow it up with white noise, unless you actually have a white noise machine that you can program a start time for. As a matter of fact, I’m going to check out the one I have. I believe I can set an alarm to either make a typical alarm sound, or one of the other sounds (waves, birdsong, distant trains, white noise). 

I actually have a white-noise machine on in my bedroom -- it's from the days of babies. So it's lasted 18 years and is still going strong (we have two and both are great). This is the brand.

I wake-up when everything's too quiet too.

I solved this somewhat by relistening to podcasts from that podcasts main feed instead of my “up next feed”.  Hardcore History is good for that because they are 4 hours each.  99% Invisible or the People’s Pharmacy are the others I cycle through.