Menu

Really cool Mother's Day gift.

Alicia64

My parents are in their late 70s and want less "stuff" that they'd have to give away or toss. (Plus, they live 3,000 miles away.)

My mom now has Alzheimer's. So this gift is perfect for her. But it's also awesome for a mom with bad eye sight. (Which would be me, and I forget what day of the week it is all the time.)

https://www.amazon.com/【Upgraded】Digital-Calendar-Alarm-Day-Clock/dp/B07Q79DMGY/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=giant+display+clock&qid=1620145605&sr=8-4

What are you sending your mom? (If of course you don't live close.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's an awesome clock!

I'm giving my mom a tabletop grill, because her current tabletop grill is so old and rusty that I told her it looks like she fished it up from the Titanic. She doesn't really like mother's day presents, but I'm doing it anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought her azaleas. She has a shady area behind the house that hasn’t been friendly to growing things. The rest of the acreage is beautifully landscaped but this is her problem area. I’m hoping the azaleas can handle zone 5a and will love her shade. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kanin said:

That's an awesome clock!

I'm giving my mom a tabletop grill, because her current tabletop grill is so old and rusty that I told her it looks like she fished it up from the Titanic. She doesn't really like mother's day presents, but I'm doing it anyway. 

Outdoor or indoor? I’m thinking of one as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alicia64 said:

My parents are in their late 70s and want less "stuff" that they'd have to give away or toss. (Plus, they live 3,000 miles away.)

My mom now has Alzheimer's. So this gift is perfect for her. But it's also awesome for a mom with bad eye sight. (Which would be me, and I forget what day of the week it is all the time.)

https://www.amazon.com/【Upgraded】Digital-Calendar-Alarm-Day-Clock/dp/B07Q79DMGY/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=giant+display+clock&qid=1620145605&sr=8-4

What are you sending your mom? (If of course you don't live close.)

We’ve given that clock to three elders.  One vision impaired, two with dementia. It is a great gift.  And they all still love them years later.  Good choice!

This year, we are sending Polish pottery to the grandmother who collects it, a necklace to another mom, and probably just flowers to the one in nursing care.  We visited her yesterday and took a big box of family photos, but that was just a regular visit more than a Mother’s Day thing.

Edited by Spryte

45 minutes ago, Spryte said:

We’ve given that clock to three elders.  One vision impaired, two with dementia. It is a great gift.  And they all still love them years later.  Good choice!

This year, we are sending Polish pottery to the grandmother who collects it, a necklace to another mom, and probably just flowers to the one in nursing care.  We visited her yesterday and took a big box of family photos, but that was just a regular visit more than a Mother’s Day thing.

I am so glad to hear that the seniors liked it! Thank you! Great gifts for the moms in your life!

35 minutes ago, MercyA said:

One of my mom's heroes is John Lewis, so she is getting a copy of the picture book about his childhood: Preaching to the Chickens.

So sweet. Great title.