Menu

How are your grocery stores looking?

Carrie12345

3 hours ago, Kassia said:

@BootsieI think you are in the same area as my dd.  She said there has no milk in the dining hall all week - not even soy or almond milk.  I wonder when they will get any in.  Other than that, food service is back to normal (last week was rough (understandably)!).

Yes, I am in the DFW area.  I don't know what is going on that has made milk such a problem relative to other items.  We did have plenty of ice creaam 🙂 so we will get our calcium.  

• Haha 1

My stores are mostly normal, however, I was going to pick up some snack cakes for DS's junk stash and of all the shelves in the grocer store, those were the ones lacking.  There was a big sign that said that Little Debbie product was hard to come by due to the situation in Texas and that they will restock as soon as possible.

Surely there are other things we get from Texas, but that was the one that I saw.

We shop at Walmart about every 6-8 weeks to stock up on odds and ends. Today we noticed something- they are carrying fewer choices. For instance, in the past they had a large variety of brands of paper napkins...multiple brands, sizes, etc. Today they have two choices. No shelf tags for other choices. Same with plastic wrap. They had Reynold’s clear wrap and press and seal. No Saran Wrap or Walmart brand, and no space or shelf tags for others.   The shopper beside me commented that you can spend a lot of time there finding out they don’t have a whole lot of stuff they used to have. So it wasn’t just me thinking that. I haven’t bought plastic wrap or napkins in a year, but things seem to have permanently changed w some items at the WM near us.

19 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

@Annie G, that's actually a strategy shift: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gregpetro/2020/02/07/walmart-challenges-amazon-with-less-is-more-strategy/?sh=77de52db7ff1  It's trying to eliminate decision fatigue, supposedly, by carrying fewer SKUs.  I actually just wish it would sell me what I want to buy.  

Thanks for that info! I grew up calling all plastic wrap Saran Wrap so it’s weird not seeing it as an option. Walmart has to figure out their displays though. They didn’t have more than one facing of any item, so there was empty shelf space and it just looks empty. I read the shelf tag and it just calls for one facing of the products I mentioned. Same with trash bags. You’d think if they’re streamlining products they’d put like three facings of each . Like won’t they run out faster? 
I wish they’d streamline cereals. I swear that are a bajillion choices of just different Cheerios!

• Haha 1