Menu

Tackling Wednesday Together

mom31257

Good morning! 

It's my birthday, but it's a work and church day. We'll celebrate it later.  I have breakfast plans on Friday with my best friend, so maybe it will end up feeling like a birthday week. 

The usuals are done. 

• meals    breakfast and lunch
  • teach 4 Zoom classes
  • church 
  • final prep for book club and pack things up
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Happy Birthday, Amy! 🍰 Today is a busy day here too.

• Ds to school
  • Pick up milk
  • Bagels?
  • Try to get vax appt.   Signed up for a county about an hour away. They are supposed to contact me to schedule. 
  • CVS ✔️ 
  • Tutor two students done ✔️ and log sessions. 
  • Pick up Ds and kids to piano ✔️ 

No clue on dinner.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Howdie, happy Wednesday!

It's garbage day, yay!  Purge day, what's not to love?

Done:

• Slept like normal people.
  • Woke the kids 4x for online school.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Retrieved, sorted, processed yesterday's mail.
  • Rebooted computer & phone to hopefully address internet problem.
  • Did a wee bit of exercise and house cleaning.
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media, and checked the kids' grades.
  • Working on coffee 2.

To do:

• Lots of client reports, cash transfers, and whatever else I have time for.
  • Make the kids do their homework & clean mess areas.
  • Kid2 might be scheduled to ride today?  Not sure.
  • Would love to make it to TKD??  Or at least do yoga??
  • Hope to do some walking finally?
  • Whatever else gets done.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 6

Oh Amy! Happy birthday!  🥳 

Done:

Coffee, Barton x 3, Bible, math with DS6, breakfast, lunch, and coffee, read aloud, AHG emails

To Do:

Barton x2, deliver dinner to a friend, Target pickup, have DD run into Hobby Lobby and grab a stamp for a flag poster, put beef in the other crockpot for a stew with mushrooms

i love Wednesdays! They’re my second favorite weekday. And (singing) the plumbers came!!! This is phase one of the remodel! We have a tub and shower in the basement! It’s so we can destroy the upstairs bathrooms and still function. Great guys but they turned down homemade soup so their skills are not in question but their judgement is a little off... 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Birthday,  Amy and yes, do it as a bday week

Had quarantine book club today and one of the members asked me to stay on yo explain to her more about spree killings, cj statistics, what searches are allowed in jail or prison, etc.  It felt good to help someone.

Had leftovers from fettuccine/meatballs last night for lunch snd took all mrds except my second Adderall.  I was getting ready to make up my weekly box last evening and lost the brand new bottle on ghe house and also have lost the Valentines Day cards for everyone plus gift cards for mailman, etc.

About to go to  Publix to pick up my scripts and hopefully dh's.

Off to bade after that to go walking by the river, visit the library, and go to commissary/px.

Not sure about dinner 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First student done. He is SO ornery and uncooperative! Exhausting. BUT, he was able to correctly identify the first sound in 4 words in a row! 

Checked DD’s French grade bc the teacher’s email to the class was woeful. No worries for us though, Dd aced the test with a 100. 

Ate lunch.

Making a list for later today while I wait for my next student.

• Like 2

Math classes are done.

I'm about to get ready for church tonight. 

Dh has applied for two jobs in north GA. One if farther north than the other but is special ed. That is much harder paper work and more stressful. More could open up, though. It's really the start of the season. 

• Like 1

Dinner was Madras Lentils over polenta. And a salad.

I feel better, but still really tired. Ds is exhausting. 

I need to log my tutoring sessions, do AHG things, and look for another county or two for a vax (just doubling or tripling up my lists for a better chance), but kids are on both laptops. 

Dd wants to go to youth discipleship group, but it’s dark and cold and I have already done 3+ hrs of driving and 90 minutes of waiting in my car today and I am done. Dh took her. 

Dd got her acceptance email for her summer internship today! 

Next up: jammies! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Ds is impossible. I have completely failed as a parent and he hates me. Horrible night here. 

Scout, I am so very sorry you feel this way! Give yourself grace! There is no way you have completely failed as a parent. Some kids are just harder. And some kids will hate you no matter what you do.  My older sister and my mother fought terribly. I remember my sister hitting my mom a couple of times. But my sister was in outright rebellion, wasn't a Christian, and had so many issues. She had a rough start to life, but she gave her heart to the Lord later and things improved a lot between her and my mom. She was actually the one with my mom when she died.

I attended a parenting session one time at a conference. And the speaker said we are responsible TO our children, but we are not responsible FOR our children. Basically, we are to try our best to teach them what is right but it is up to them to choose to live it. I know that doesn't help, but I decided then that I would do my best and leave the results up to God and them. Have I failed at times? Sure, we all do. When I mess up, I apologize and ask their forgiveness. That's all I can really do. 

Praying for you and him, dear friend! 

• Thanks 1

I had s great quarantine book club meeting. Great discussion and one member asked me to stay on later because she had questions about spree killings, constitutionality of jail searches ( and that one, I said, I know they are able to do for safety but don't know current rulings on admissibility in criminal proceedings)  and criminal justice statistics- what ones are done,where to find. Etc

Then I went to Publix and got my prescriptions and a few things.

After that, dh and I went to the base where I went to the library and got a few books to help w travel.  Yhen fir s walk by the Tennessee River, the base abuts it, and on the way back id when it happened. The road wsx old and I didn't see the part that crumbled. I twisted my right ankle and fell in my left knee and left hand.  My left wrist/arm really hurts when I move it in certain positions snd I think I have a fracture in it.  My left knee is massively swollen but not broken, I think.  My right ankle id more mildly swollen but also not broken. I can walk. Though because the knee is so swollen, it hurts.

I called my concierge doctor and will be seeing him tomorrow morning at 8:30 am.  Then he will order xrats, etc based in his exam.

• Sad 2