Menu

Getting away from reality.... on tv shows

ProudGrandma

I haven’t seen any that have.

Recently I’ve binge watched Grand Army, Pose, Bridgerton, Tiny Pretty Things, Hollywood...I could go on and on. 

Maybe browse Netflix, I don’t know of any shows that are dealing with it yet.

edit—obviously Bridgerton and Hollywood aren’t set in modern times so I’m not sure why I included those. Lol. But there are tons of shows that are and haven’t included a COVID storyline yet. 

Edited by MEmama

6 hours ago, kfeusse said:

Are there any current TV shows that has chosen not to pick up the covid theme as part of their story lines? All of my favs did and I am so frustrated with that. 

Yep, me too.  I want to escape Covid when I am watching tv.   There was some show on Netflix that was all about living in lock down and I was like I am not ready for that.  But even the shows that have come back on the regular shows a lot have chosen to have this in there and I don't want to do it.   Do you have Netflix or anything like that? 

• Like 1

Anything historical hasn't, for obvious reasons.  Young Sheldon, for example.

What annoys me even more is that beyond being saturated with stupid virus stuff day in and day out and then having to watch it on TV as well is that on all the shows I've seen where it is featured, the characters don't use masks properly--as in they will walk up to people outside their pod and TAKE OFF their mask to talk to them.  What the heck?

Edited by EKS
  • Like 1

So, The Good Doctor was all about Covid in the premier episodes and then/now, nothing. Like it never even existed on the show at all (even though they did address it, they are now in an imagined "post covid world" where apparently everything that happened in the first 2 episodes is in the far distant past/not something being discussed at all. 

Seal Team hasn't mentioned it at all. 

Those are the only 2 I watch that aren't mentioning it.....hope that helps. 

Oh, okay...we are watching Blackish and I guess we just started the final season. The episode we watched tonight was the first where they dealt with the pandemic, and it was *heavy*. Like I was crying the whole episode and DS made us turn it off after just one, it brought up so many emotions. 

Thankfully there a lot of options out there for “getting away from it all” tv, but as difficult as that episode was for me, it was also really, really healing to see it addressed in an honest way. Like it gave the hard stuff validity or something.