Menu

Thanks

Drama Llama

9 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

Was it you who once asked if we "really" eat monterey jack cheese here? Well, one of the few places I use jack cheese is mixed half and half with cheddar (I literally buy a block of "cheddar jack") to form the cheese of a quesadilla.

Wait, why wouldn’t people eat Monterrey Jack cheese?  

Jack cheese and triscuits is a pretty common snack around here. 

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re king of the fruits

10 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

..Quinces are, of course, closely related to apples. A quince for me, a quince for thee, and quinces we shall eat. Forget durian, quince is truly the king of fruits.

yes, do, please...  😎

Pam in CT whose brother lived for 15 years in Singapore...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oooh that sounds so good, especially with the chorizo.  I am going to go out on a limb and say the your recipe would not please my picky eaters.

Ah, well, each of us can easily pack away one quesadilla, especially since I use small tortillas. So I make them to order.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:56 AM, BaseballandHockey said:

I'm just fragile.  I spent the last couple years desperately trying to heal my child with good nutrition, and I failed.  

@BaseballandHockeyI just saw this and can’t let this go.

You did not fail your son.

I repeat: you did not fail your son.

You brought a terminally ill child out of a facility into your home and gave him a taste of living in his last months of life. You gave him a family. You gave him a home. You offered as much love and belonging and he accepted what was in his capacity to take. You guys literally put your careers and lives on hold to offer 24/7 care.

You did not fail him.

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

Ah, well, each of us can easily pack away one quesadilla, especially since I use small tortillas. So I make them to order.

I don't have the executive functioning to do two complicated foods in the same meal.  I could do quesadillas with with various fillings as a meal, but I don't think I could pull that off and make soup at the same time, at least not on a work day.