Menu

Oh my brain hurts

Scarlett

I dream lyrics and they are all jumbled up. I can't figure out if I wrote a song in my sleep or if I have several songs mixed together.

Jamie was a looker 

Had been all her life

So and so (the name was in my dream but gone now)

something something, liked her

While they rewrote take number 2

Something something

Sent her home with baby number 3.

I feel insane. The music is to a real song.  But I can't figure out which song it is.  My lyrics aren't producing anything on google for me to even figure out if I even remotely have them correct.

Please tell me I am not the only one who does this nonsense.

18 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Oh, that is strange Scarlett. I read in the other thread where you have flying dreams, and they are happy. I do, too, except that I’m terrified of it. I also have sleep paralysis occasionally. I hope you figure out the song. 

I haven't had sleep paralysis for a long time.  Thankfully.  

I once lost a favorite skirt.  I searched and searched for it.  Finally gave up and then I had a dream where I remembered where I had actually left it.  I am a very weird person.  So much of my dreams I can't tell anyone because they read too much into them.  Some are hilarious, some are so so sad that I feel it for days. I also tend to dream so vividly that I can't stop thinking about the dream all day so I am likely to continue the dream that night.

2 hours ago, perky said:

It only sort of resembles them, but your lyrics made me think of Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp and also Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.

Yes, and I was reminded of Young Turks by Rod Stewart and Janie's Got a Gun by Aerosmith (just because of the similarity of Janie / Jamie).

I have intense dreams, too, sometimes.

4 hours ago, perky said:

It only sort of resembles them, but your lyrics made me think of Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp and also Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.

Neither one of those.  And the first line also started making me think of Garth Brooks Mama's in the graveyard Papas in the pen.   But it isn't that either.

It isn't country for sure.

Edited by Scarlett

9 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I dream lyrics and they are all jumbled up. I can't figure out if I wrote a song in my sleep or if I have several songs mixed together.

Jamie was a looker 

Had been all her life

So and so (the name was in my dream but gone now)

something something, liked her

While they rewrote take number 2

Something something

Sent her home with baby number 3.

I feel insane. The music is to a real song.  But I can't figure out which song it is.  My lyrics aren't producing anything on google for me to even figure out if I even remotely have them correct.

Please tell me I am not the only one who does this nonsense.

This is the only thing I can think of when I read your lyrics 

https://www.lyricsondemand.com/c/carneskimlyrics/lookerlyrics.html

A total guess, but the number 29 made me think of Mary Chapin Carpenter He Think's He'll Keep Her

When she was 29 she delivered number 3

and every Christmas Card showed the perfect family.

Everything runs right on time, years of practice and design

Spit and polish til it shines.  He thinks he'll keep her.

Everything is so benign, safest place you'll ever find

God forbid you change your mind.  He thinks he'll keep her.

If it's country, I'm your girl.  I will keep thinking, but this is the first song that came to mind, probably because when I was 29 I also delivered number 3 so 29 stood out to me.

• Like 1