Menu

favorite kitchen item/tool...9” square baking pan recs...and are wire roasting baskets any good?

caedmyn

I’m trying to come up with kitchen-related gift ideas for myself.  I know I want a Dutch oven and a 9” square baking pan.  I really wanted a Pampered Chef stoneware square baking pan to replace one that got broken a few years ago, but apparently they don’t make them anymore. Any suggestions for a good stoneware baking pan, or another that will bake evenly and not over-brown the bottoms of baked goods?  I’m not a fan of Teflon or things that are hard to clean.

Also, what other kitchen-related items do you love?  I don’t need pots and pans or bakeware.  I have thought about one of those wire roasting baskets to use in the oven but am not sure if they really make a difference over just roasting something in a pan.

• Like 1

I love Williams-Sonoma's silicone spatulas. Long, wooden handles. Hands down my most useful, all pourpose kitchen tool, besides good knives. 

I just use a plain glass 8x8 pan. Mostly for brownies or cornbread, which it does fine. I have several Emile Henry baking dishes which cook nicely and are pretty, but they are expensive. Mine were gifts. 

My OXO salad spinner! I've owned 2 others, and there's no comparison. It is superior. So much easier to use. 

I love my Cuisinart food processor, but mine is ancient. I inherited it from my grandmother. I think it's from the 80's. It's a beast. I don't know if they are still as good--probably though! 

I love my Pampered Chef stoneware, and the latest is that they now have a version that you can put into the dishwasher!!!!   Their salad spinner is also wonderful as are their mixing bowls.  

Other loves:

Those super sharp zesters

The yellow clamp lemon/lime juicers

My roasting pan set from Williams Sonoma—heavy pan, nice big handles, you can put it right on the burners to deglaze it for gravy, and lifters!  

My adjustable width V rack for roasts

All Clad Essential Pans in the 4 quart and 6 quart sizes

My newer Cuisineart with the three nesting bowls.