Menu

Do these exist? Structured, non-knit tops that are soft and comfortable!

MercyA

I've worn mostly knit tops and tee shirts since college. I need something more structured. Knits tend to cling and emphasis my tummy. I'm working on weight loss but frankly I know at my age I will never have a totally flat stomach. 

That said, I LOVE comfort. Hate tight clothes, itchy clothes, clothes that aren't soft.

My favorite non-knit blouse is a gauzy cotton. I also have a chiffon-y one that looks nice.

Any length is great. I wear longer tops with jeans and shorter ones with skirts.

Any and all suggestions welcome!!!

• Like 2

I have a few tops from Deva by Cammy (formerly Deva Lifewear, I think). One of the tops (Caribbean Long Shirt, I think) is way too long for me. The Summer Blouse was lovely, but the armholes are so big, it showed the bra I had at the time. The others I have - Athena and the Basic (but could be the Shelly) (I think, it's been a while since I ordered) I love. 

Usually I don't have to iron these even though they are 100% cotton, but sometimes the hem rolls/folds up a little bit, and so I iron that part. I got the cloth that looks wrinkly/has texture and so it looks like that naturally. 

If you are interested, like her on FB, as she will occasionally run 10-15% off times. 

https://devabycammy.com/product-category/womens/tops/

Edited by Bambam
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bambam said:

I have a few tops from Deva by Cammy (formerly Deva Lifewear, I think). One of the tops (Caribbean Long Shirt, I think) is way too long for me. The Summer Blouse was lovely, but the armholes are so big, it showed the bra I had at the time. The others I have - Athena and the Basic (but could be the Shelly) (I think, it's been a while since I ordered) I love. 

Usually I don't have to iron these even though they are 100% cotton, but sometimes the hem rolls/folds up a little bit, and so I iron that part. I got the cloth that looks wrinkly/has texture and so it looks like that naturally. 

If you are interested, like her on FB, as she will occasionally run 10-15% off times. 

https://devabycammy.com/product-category/womens/tops/

I used to get the Deva Lifewear catalog years ago and admired the arty look. 🙂

I have been eyeing similarly gauzy styles from (excuse the name) Oh My Gauze

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I have found that knit shirts with an overall lace overlay work nicely, but they are a bit hard to find.

I’ve liked knits with ruffly or loose or ruched bits at the front, like this:

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/ruched+tee/570294540?color=2828&catId=cat4769286

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, MercyA said:

Katie, do you remember what they were made out of?

I JUST threw them away (after years of wear in sweaty weather they were stained) but I think a cotton or linen blend maybe? Gauzy type material. This is a photo da4e74084a8e62135126a47622941144.jpg

Edited by ktgrok
  • Thanks 1