Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Remind me - I have to leave the house by ten to go to my PT re-evaluation.

more laundry

figure out some kind of dinner.

work twenty minutes on the Dining Room Table of Doom

despite asking who's going to tackle Thursday with me, I forgot that it's Thursday:   clean the bunny cage and mop the cat's bathroom. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

Good morning Jean! Good morning all!

Early AM:
Coffee
Bible
Ask the kids to finish hauling dirt to the front for the landscaping project.  5-6 wheelbarrows yesterday and we're about 70% finished on one side.    

Mid AM:
Take a few girls to my oldest's house for cleaning/packing! (She and her DH close on their house today!)
Laundry x 2
Lunch

PM:
Girls gone so................ school plan.  (shrug) I don't really wanna......
Babysit while they sign for debt and get keys! 😉 

Supper: 
Figure out whose night it is and make a plan.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

@Jean in Newcastle, I am not sure your time zone, but don't forget to leave by 10 for your PT thing! 

My day today consists of:
...coffee
...tutor the 4 yr old
...language arts K lesson plan stuff
...school/math with DS15
...maybe get together with a friend to help with school prep
...laundry, laundry, laundry -- y'all, make me do this
...lunch: pizza, 'cause we didn't eat that yesterday
...dinner: umm.....I don't know. Figure something out. 
...anything else that may get done

• Like 4

Good morning!

It's nice and cool this morning. When I was checking fences earlier, there were twin baby fawns going through the "fawn door" that I cut in the fence a few months ago. So precious!❤️

• office work - keep working on my pile
  • vacuum and dust upstairs
  • maybe vacuum steps
  • order dog supplements
  • medicate Smokey 3x
  • make cashew mayo & spicy peanut salad dressing
  • reply to Etsy seller - she is checking with USPS, who seem to have lost the staghorn fern I ordered
  • Schwan's delivery & one produce box
  • dinner: cashew cream cheese wontons and kung pao noodles
  • Like 4

Good morning everyone. My plan includes:

Clean the floors

Make salads

Dinner?

Google Meet at 1

Research for classroom ideas-I am excited about my new job, but it is  a brand new experience.

Laundry

Mail and shred

Office clean out

Deep clean kitchen table and chairs

Weed/exercise

Repot a plant

Devotions

• Like 4

Howdy!  Today begins as a carryover from yesterday's ugg stuff ...

Driving my kid to soccer practice, I got 3 warning lights on my dashboard, one of them being low brake fluid.  Apparently they didn't finish the job yesterday.  So here I am at the car place again today.  So far it's been at least a half hour and nobody has told me anything.  Yesterday I was here for 3.5 hours and if you count the driving, it was a 4.5 hour event.  Yay me.

I saved the maggot extermination job for this morning, thinking I would have sunlight and time on my side.  Neither was true, but after about a half hour of gross, messy work, I think I have the maggots out of there.  Now to get people's cooperation so that doesn't happen again.

Kid1 is mad at me again because I am insisting on her going to cross country practice tonight even though she went to soccer this morning.

And of course I am supposed to be working!  Aside from various reports I'm supposed to send out, I have a training class today (online) from 12:30-5pm.  No idea whether I will be home in time.  Kid2's pickup at noon is also in question ....

Oh and I just found out that my kids are supposed to do something this weekend for their confirmation stoles ... nobody ever mentioned this before.  Kid2 is going to be out of town this weekend.

Other than that, everything is going great!

Edited by SKL
  • Like 4

@Jean in Newcastle, did you make it to your PT thing on time??

I am home from tutoring. DH has to leave for a meeting, but is stuck on a conference call. 

The clear face shield works very well with a bun. No stuck hair today! Yay!

I need to come up with (even more) hands-on, active, "learning that doesn't look like it" things for this 4 yr old, who is so over 2x/week, 1.5 hrs/time, "school" in her bedroom with all her toys. You can imagine how well that works, when her TV is on pause, her dolls are there, etc. She was really enjoying things at first, but as she said today "This is a lot of learning. I'm tired."  Yea, kiddo, I know, I told your grown-ups that an hour was better than 1.5 hrs, but they didn't listen to me, so here we are. I'm trying, sweet girl. I think I can work on that this weekend; I don't go back until Tues.

so, pizza going into the oven for lunch; ds19 can take a lactaid. 

will then *start some laundry* before I eat. 

and *then* will work on the rest of the stuff. Including figure out dinner.....bah. I'm so.tired.of.cooking.  Which is crazy, because we're not cooking any more than normal, but......it *feels* like more. 

And need to figure out a way for my friend, the grown-up to the 4 yr old, to help with school prep (per her request/gentle plea for a way to occupy her time in a useful manner). 

• Like 3

*I STARTED THE LAUNDRY!!!* 

AND I figured out that if I put a Color Catcher in with the jeans (of which there was not a full load, b/c only one kid is wearing jeans in our heat), I can put the khaki shorts in (which the other kids are wearing) w/o risking the shorts becoming all jeans-colored. So now ALL the boys will get clean lower-body-garments at the same time. Score. 

Also fed the kids lunch (the lactose free kid had sufficient leftovers to eat that instead), emptied the dishwasher of clean dishes, loaded/started the dishwasher with the dirty dishes, and decided on a plan for dinner and took the appropriate meat (ground turkey) out of the freezer to thaw. 

Taking my nap now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

And need to figure out a way for my friend, the grown-up to the 4 yr old, to help with school prep (per her request/gentle plea for a way to occupy her time in a useful manner). 

Any chance of selling her on game-schooling?

4 hours ago, SKL said:

I saved the maggot extermination job for this morning, thinking I would have sunlight and time on my side.  Neither was true, but after about a half hour of gross, messy work, I think I have the maggots out of there.  Now to get people's cooperation so that doesn't happen again.

I have a thing against maggots.  It goes back to childhood.  (shudder) You have my sympathies.

70% on the landscaping thing was such an optimistic (and stupid) consideration.  We're done.  I really thought an hour - not 3.5.  I am fried.  Previously tan things are pink, previously white things are deep red.  Sigh.

Dropping DS off at his fishin' hole.  

THEN school planning.

Chili for dinner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlsdMama said:

Any chance of selling her on game-schooling?

I have a thing against maggots.  It goes back to childhood.  (shudder) You have my sympathies.

70% on the landscaping thing was such an optimistic (and stupid) consideration.  We're done.  I really thought an hour - not 3.5.  I am fried.  Previously tan things are pink, previously white things are deep red.  Sigh.

Dropping DS off at his fishin' hole.  

THEN school planning.

Chili for dinner.

Oh, for the 4 yr old, she's all over that, yes. Initially she seemed like she really wanted "a paper trail" so I had been using a mix of worksheets, sticker books, arts/crafts, etc; similar to what I do with my K kids. This 4 yr old has reminded me that there is a big difference between a young-4 and an older-4, and a big difference between an older-4 and a young-5. I talked to the grown-ups who agree, less paper is good, so we've been switching to puzzles, games, activities, crafts, and the like. But even at that, the 4 yr old is just done with having school/structure this often and for this long. 

BUT, the friend wants to help me with school prep for my co-op classes, so that's cool. I'll figure out a way she can help. She wants to help print, staple, make packets, etc. 

And I am *very* sorry about your sunburn; ouch. 

• Like 2

My carpet squares came in!! Yay!!! I think they'll be perfect; I had DS15 come sit on one so I can see; his (and my) whole bottom fits, so a 5 yr old should be fine.   I will need to add something on bottom so they don't slide all over, but I can work that out. 

• Like 2

So the car place gave me a loaner so I could go home and do my web meeting.  Right now I am typing on my old computer while sharing the web ex on my newer one.

I managed to get 4 reports out & 1 conference call in between all the annoyances.  Getting close to close of business for Eastern time, yay.  Another half hour or so and I can go get my car.  I am exhausted!

• Like 3

I am struggling mightily this afternoon.  It has been interesting monitoring my sleep for a month long sleep challenge I'm doing to see how bad my sleep can be sometimes.  It's not just my imagination!  Last night was three naps with one to one 1/2 hour blocks of being awake between them.  I am sooooo tired.  I did doze a bit in my armchair during and after lunch.  It wasn't good sleep but will probably / hopefully get me through until tonight. 

I figured out dinner by looking in the fridge and freezer and cobbling some things together that will work to make a complete dinner.  I have meat thawing. 

Now to tackle the cat's bathroom.

• Like 2

Finished school with DS15; he's doing surprisingly well with the math stuff, thank goodness. He's super math-y so we've kind of unschooled it, but now DH wants him in Algebra (using Teaching Textbooks) and I was kind of worried. 

I needn't have been; he's going through placement tests and not hitting a lot of stumbling blocks at all. 

Also got first load of laundry in the dryer, second load in the wash, and that concludes the kids' laundry. (well, will once those are dried).

DH is home and done with computering so putting off the K lang arts lesson plans for another day. 

• Like 2

Dinner was good
ordered some yummy fabric online from my favorite independent vendor/fabric maker (Cherrywood)
DH took DS19 for his driving lesson
had the kids put away the laundry from the dryer and that was hanging waiting on them
put the other load in to dry

• Like 2

Friday here.  We did math and spelling and actually dragged ourselves out to a homeschool meet up.  The kids had a ball but they just played with each other in the skate park.  I chatted to some other mums and now I’m exhausted.  I also made sure the washing went in the dryer, emptied the dishwasher, picked up a fruit and veg order, and now I’ve had a coffee and crashed in bed even though the house is a bomb.  The kids have football in a couple of hours.  I’m torn because they are doing a bbq and I’m not really ready to eat communally due to Covid risks, but there’s no way to get dinner in (two different teams back to back) and of course the funds support the club.  There are 3 active cases here, the two close contacts of the case yesterday work at a hospital.  So I think it should be ok but... you know.

• Like 2