Menu

Controversial Topic--Which part of the brownie is the best?

fairfarmhand

Choose your brownie  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of brownie piece is better...

• Chewy, slightly crisp Edge Piece
    • Gooey Middle piece
    • It's a brownie. There is no bad part of a brownie.

2 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Oh yeah I know the difference! 

I’m just saying, once you put frosting on a brownie...

#notabrownie 😆

🤧🤧💧tears for all the brownies who are no longer loved for just trying to better themselves. 🥰 Haha 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

Mmmmmmmm......brownies! 😋. Edge, middle...it’s all good! But here's my problem: I cannot have eggs. So can anyone point me in the direction of a brownie recipe that doesn’t have eggs and still tastes and feels like an actual brownie? Because after reading this thread, doggone it! I want a brownie!

I've done this recipe with 1/2 of cup of silken tofu replacing the 2 eggs and gotten raves from people who aren't vegan.  

https://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/09/dark-chocolate-brownies-best-gluten.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently in search of a brownie-pal. Kind of like a penpal, but much better:

If you love edges and corners, I will send mine to you.

In return, I expect all your middles.

Willing to consider all frosting and non-frosting options. 

Serious inquiries only please. Space is not limited!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Oh, no no no frosting!!! And no nuts. I prefer cold milk to ice cream bc it is not so sweet. Contrast. I like edge pieces and middle pieces equally well.

Ghirardelli boxed mix is my favorite, though I normally disdain baked goods from a mix. I buy the giant bix with six packages in it at Costco.

We do occasionally make the zebra brownies with sweetened cream cheese mixed in. Do y'all like those or are they a desecration of straight out chocolate in your opinion?

So I have a problem because the recipe on the Ghiradelli sweetened cocoa can is WAY better than their boxed brownies. Like totally swoon, so rich I can share. This says it's it https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/ghirardelli-award-winning-brownies-53080061  

You do realize I was trying to LOSE SOME WEIGHT, right? 

If I make these, do I have to cook dinner?

7 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

zebra brownies with sweetened cream cheese mixed in.

My dd does this sometimes and I've done it, but honestly I think if you're going to mix in anything go either for more CHOCOLATE or MINT. My SIL does something with andes mints that is the bomb. Sometimes I have mysterious chocolates with mint flavor and will throw those in. But mint is where it's at. To me the cream cheese is just added calories without the joy. I can't taste it, the texture doesn't distinguish itself, and it's just this weird stream. Try mint and then see where you're at. 

6 hours ago, J-rap said:

Maybe this explains why so many here don't like frosting.  Because I've had Ghirardelli brownies and they're great!  But they're very different than the brownies I grew up with.  Ghirardelli brownies all about the yummy chocolatey moistness quality.

You can frost the brownies you make with the recipe from the Ghirardelli sweet cocoa can, but then it's a lot. I do it for occasions, hehe, but it's super powered, lol.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zebra said:

peppermint frosting

Talk to me about this. I've seen andes mints layered on top to melt and I've thrown in mint M&Ms. Just haven't done actual mint frosting. 

56 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

I do not like brownies. 

You have clearly not had the right brownies. Skip the boxes, try a couple recipes like

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/ghirardelli-award-winning-brownies-53080061

and maybe the one off the Hershey can, 

and see if you get happier. If you're still not happy, you aren't eating enough. Eat the whole pan and then you will know. Your serving size may be too small. :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

I do not like brownies. ☺️

Since I am the only baker and DH only cooks, my children don't know the taste of a home made brownie. I make a killer soufflé though. 😋

I wish I lived closer. I'd make brownies to bring over for your kids.

Growing up, all birthday "cakes" were brownies. To this day, I choose brownies for my birthday treat.

• Like 1

I prefer the middle but like both, assuming the edges aren't too crispy. I def. Do not want frosting or icing, blech ( I too prefer warm unfrosted chocolate cake )I've been making myself almond butter blondies lately( gf and df) perfectly gooey I told the kids they are healthy so they won't eat them. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

Mmmmmmmm......brownies! 😋. Edge, middle...it’s all good! But here's my problem: I cannot have eggs. So can anyone point me in the direction of a brownie recipe that doesn’t have eggs and still tastes and feels like an actual brownie? Because after reading this thread, doggone it! I want a brownie!

Ooh ooh, I know this!  There is a book called Baking without Eggs by Rosemarie Enro.  It has a "No Cow Brownies" recipe.  It is so good!  (My dd has milk and egg allergies, and I cannot tell you how long I tried to make decent brownies before I found this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Bakin-Without-Eggs-Delicious-Food-Allergic/dp/0312206356/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=baking+without+eggs&qid=1591311211&sr=8-1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vonfirmath said:

Has anyone seen the new flavor of M&Ms out -- Fudge Brownie?

Nope, haven't seen them. I kinda stay out of the candy aisle as much as possible. Walmart puts things in the middle of the main aisle and then they sorta jump in my cart...