Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! 

It was a quiet morning here til Ds began practicing piano. He's currently working hard on "Gimme that Old Time Rock and Roll". Not exactly peaceful morning music! 

School with dd.

Make soup

A few errands: Office Max, P.O.

Have kids call my mom

AHG and Scout things

Amazon order

Bills and budget

Walk

Read!!

• Like 6

Good morning!

Life feels so discombobulated right now. Dd woke me up in the middle of the night, worried about whether colleges will be back to normal by fall, when she is supposed to start. I told her I think so and I hope so, but no one knows how long this disruption will last. The boys' university is still sticking by their decision to continue with in-person classes for the next week, but they're getting flak for it (not just from me 😁), and I'm hoping they'll change their minds and send everyone home this weekend. Ds19 is sick, but said he thinks it is just a cold - no fever as of yet. *fingers crossed it stays that way*

• laundry - lots of it
  • figure out what groceries we need - I'm going to go at 6AM tomorrow to avoid the crowds
  • take Mac to vet at 2:00 (just a blood draw, hopefully we will be in and out quick)
  • go through subscribe & save list
  • vacuum upstairs
  • unpack produce box & wash everything
  • dinner: ?? no clue - really need to get my act together on meal planning
  • Like 6

Good morning! dd2's district closed for today and next week- and then the next is Spring Break. So she is asleep- dh decided to stay home today- because he was supposed to be on vacation anyway. And ds3 is sleeping in-because well, he's a 15 yo homeschooled boy. And he still has work to do. His siblings are teasing him on our family chat- dd1 said she thought snow days were a myth until she got to college. 😂

There is always work to be done...

• coffee/paper
  • clean kitchen
  • plant some seeds in milk jugs
  • read
  • laundry (started)
  • school with ds3
  • sew/hand work
  • ds3 to tennis
  • not sure what else is going on-
  • dinner?

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Jen, I was sorry to read about the cancellation. I know that is so disappointing! 

Dh's school hasn't closed yet, but all the others are closing at least the next two weeks. His school is addressing it today. 

Dd in an RN in Chattanooga, and she said that the three major hospitals there only have the capacity to put 60 people on a ventilator. That is for a county of 360,000. I wish people realized that that is the kind of reason to close things down and try to prevent spread. 

Done:

• breakfast and lunch 
  • took ds to work and picked him back up for lunch and took him back; I'm glad his job is close by. 
  • picked up a few more things for stocking up a bit
  • walked with a friend

To Do:

• laundry
  • tidy house
  • chill and watch some Netflix
  • dinner
  • play games/watch something
  • ds do some of his online school

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Second rough night in a row.  (Totally non-COV19 related.  This is my usual chronic pain stuff.)  But it meant that once I finally got to sleep around 2 am or so, that I then overslept by a whole hour.  Fortunately, Juliet was very very patient in her crate.

So now it is almost 11 am and I have done pet care.  I am going to leave my computer to do medical care plus.  But human care won't be done until later because I am not even dressed yet.

BUT - I have answered a few business emails and I ordered necessary supplies for the church so I'm not a total slacker. 

• Like 4

Hi guys.  I am so so distracted.  Of course I'm always easily distracted, but right now things are just weird. 

No school, so the kids and I slept way in.  I had my alarms set for a reasonable wake up time, but I ignored them.  It was 10:something by the time I got out of bed.

I sent one or two client emails, mostly putting off work that should be done.  I really need to get focused and prioritize and do stuff.  I feel like there is some near deadline I'm about to miss.

Now I think I'll go make sure everyone eats their vitamins and then call my dad.  Then get some work done.

I think we still plan to go out to dinner tonight. 

Whatever else gets done.

• Like 5

The university just announced that they have now canceled all classes for next week. Finally! I'm telling the boys to bring everything home that they could possibly want or need from their dorm rooms, because who knows how long this will last. The university is "strongly encouraging" everyone to leave the dorms and says students won't be allowed back on campus until face to face classes resume.

Got our vet appt. done and dropped off the mail.

Did horse chores. We finally got a sunny day - so nice.

Working on my grocery list now.

• Like 4

Several unsuccessful errands today and few things on my list completed.

Done: AHG stuff, got my car back from the recall work at the dealership, made keto chx chipotle soup and a nice green salad for dinner, P.O., a few things tidied or cleaned, talked to mom on the phone. 

Next up: Eat dinner, make a plan for tomorrow, read and relax. 

• Like 4

Almost everything my kids do is cancelled for weeks.  However, they have already started to receive homework electronically.

My productivity today was near an all time low. 

As is often the case, I'll probably get more done outside of business hours.  But now we are going to dinner.

• Like 5

Checking in. Oof, what a time we're living in right now...

DH is working from home for however long until this slows down, per instructions from his company. They are HQ in Italy, so sent out that directive at the start of this week. 

When Houston cancelled the Rodeo, all of the area school districts quickly followed suit. Most are doing a one-week closure (this week was spring break, next week is cancelled) but one school district (so far?) is doing a 2 week closure and training teachers on how to implement on-line teaching and will (presumably) be switching to that method for however long until this slows down. 

Our little co-op decided to follow the district doing the 2 week break (it's what district we're located in, and our handbook says we'll follow them for emergency closures), and we're being asked to provide online instruction &/or info via email, etc. I'm trying to figure out how to provide online Kindergarten. Ha. I think I'll do videos of myself reading to them for the subjects where we do that, and upload those (but not as live videos/classes; that would be pointless with K'ers, although one parent has asked.....). 

Grocery stores are empty but restocking, continually. A few chains are going to reduced hours to try and keep up. It's madness; I think cancelling Rodeo just threw everyone into a panic -- we don't have really *that many* cases here, but there was a "community spread" case (no history of international travel) semi-nearby which prompted all of this. Before that case, all of the cases in our area traced back to one river cruise in Egypt. 

I've mostly done not much today, DH ordered a load of dirt delivered so he can keep up with yard work, we are very well stocked on groceries and I'm keeping an eye on the neighborhood board just in case, but so far everyone is posting helpful things, letting others know what stores have which items, etc. It's times like this I really big puffy heart love our neighborhood. 

So, cooking dinner (tacos) and then we will either watch a movie or play games. This weekend I have to do the remaining laundry from earlier this week, and figure out the best way of doing my videos for K & 1st. 

• Like 3

I am wiped out! Headed to bed very soon! 

Dh is working. He's a programmer and can easily work at home. He missed a lot of work time dealing with contractors and house stuff over the last several weeks, so he's trying to catch up. 

Ds is reading a coffee table book about WW2 Bombers. It has great art and just the right amount of text. I ❤️McKay's bookstore.

Dd is playing piano. She's done all the hard stuff for today and is goofing off with Let It Go and HP movie music. 

• Like 3