Menu

Who’s going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Last night, we were readmitted to hospital as my five week old seems to have issues breathing. I timed each of her breaths, and then felt strongly she needed medical attention pronto. It sent me into a mini panic attack each time. I took her to the pediatrician on Monday and described her symptoms clearly to her. This was enough for her to pick up a phone and request we be admitted to hospital for close observation to figure out what is going on. She also seems to have stridor (a honking noise).  Now, my partner is at home with the other kids and all lessons are postponed until further notice. And they are about to do a whole lot of tests to determine why she is having issues with her breathing.  

For now I expect to be here until next week at the earliest. 

Right now, she is on a machine that records her level of oxygen and this is pretty scary. Please pray for us, I'll write another update when I know more. This is my to do list for the rest of this week

• Take care of myself
  • Pray
  • Observe her carefully
  • Ask the doctors questions
  • Stay calm and positive (easier said than done)
  • Sleep
  • Shower 
  • Eat
  • Distract myself
  • Not fall apart

• Sad 6

Praying for your baby leahtalbot96! 

At the orthodontist now with ds. After I drop him at school:

• Second breakfast and medication.
  • Dd to puppy-sitting
  • Speak to hotel manager.
  • Lesson prep for tonight. Text a mom of one of my students about food allergies.  
  • AHG things!
  • Online class for me? No way. Will watch the recording later.
  • Dd to church to practice piano, then to lesson.  
  • Pick up Ds  
  • Church  
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Praying for your dd, leahtalbot96!

Today is a regular Wednesday. dd2 is at am practice and has PT later, plus late practice. ds3 is hitting with one of his doubles partners late this afternoon.

• coffee/paper
  • call to excuse dd2 for appointment
  • laundry- wash new sheets
  • school with ds3
  • daily chores
  • read a little
  • drop off dd2's ballot/take some books back to the library
  • ds3 to gym?
  • work in the sewing room or handwork
  • pick up ds3
  • leftovers for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 5

leahtalbot96, I'm so sorry you are facing this! I pray that they get to the bottom of this quickly and she is healed and home soon!

I got home really late last night, but we were able to stop and see dd in Chattanooga!  That definitely made it worth it. 

Done:  coffee, some emails for co-op

To Do:

• school with ds
  • assess food situation for meals I can make today and if I need to go grocery shopping
  • meals
  • look over tutoring for tomorrow (4 students coming)
  • look over lesson for church tonight
  • laundry
  • church
  • Like 5

Good morning!

• office work (a few bills, filing, shredding, odds and ends)
  • post office
  • vacuum
  • clean nose prints off windows and french doors
  • restock fridge w/beverages & replenish veggie trays
  • make banana blueberry cookies
  • coffee date with dh
  • dinner: tex mex bowls
  • read tonight
  • Like 5

Howdy, happy Wednesday!  I only have 2 really stressful, urgent work things weighing me down right now.  Possibly because I'm forgetting other things or how urgent they are.  😛

Done:

• Sent out some urgent work things in the wee hours.
  • Slept OK.  It was cold in my room (or I was cold), which was honestly more of a relief than anything else with my hot flash life these days.
  • Kids up and ready.
  • Reviewed math homework, helped with corrections.
  • Kids off to the bus on time with band instruments.  I did forget the trumpet teacher's $20 again.  😕
  • Took out the garbage from the Great Bedroom Purge and everywhere else.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Coffee 1.
  • A little reading.
  • Corrected my clock.
  • Made my bed.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Get those 2 work projects out already.
  • Prepare for / participate in conference call and do as much accounting and invoicing as can be done today.
  • Contact kid's coach re recommendation letter she promised.
  • Make kid's therapy appointments.
  • Call the school and try to get hold of the counselor already.
  • Exercise/yoga and TKD practice.
  • At least 2 loads of laundry.
  • Try to work in a little more purging.
  • Kid1 has horse riding.
  • Kid2 has math tutorinig and trumpet lesson.
  • Need to think about dinner.
  • Kids' homework and test study.  They have had tests every day this week.  The next one is math.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

Good morning, all! Leah, praying for your baby dd; that must be frightening! And also dealing with the fire issues, correct? Prayers! 

So far today I have:
...had to go searching for our "indoor only" kitty who sometime yesterday, we aren't sure when, snuck out out of the house. We didn't realize until this morning when she didn't ever come downstairs for breakfast. She's normally in our room with the dogs at 6:30 waking us up, so when I still hadn't seen her by 9, and we looked in every nook & cranny in the house, out I went to search.  After doing thorough searches in both vacant back yards on either side of us, I walked the cul de sac and there she was, 3 doors down, happily curled up on our neighbor's cushioned patio sofa.  She is safely back home and I'm sure will be watched much more closely in the days to come. 

Other than that excitement, I have:
....finished DS15's science homework with him
...got DH and DS22 off to their things on time
....had coffee
....eating "breakfast" now
...tried (but failed) to secure the one vacant fence/gate so it will stop blowing in the wind; DH will have to deal with it, and meanwhile, our dog is going to go bonkers barking at it all.day.long. 

(we have a cold front, and wind advisory all day, with gusts up to 40 mph.....going to be an annoyingly long day of dog barks.....)

To do: 
....take DS15 to co-op, pick up DS22, pick up DS15, come home
....check in with the mom of a couple of my kids from K/1st, possibly go meet up with her
....sew?
....laundry, which was nice & caught up last week and is way behind this week. :sigh: 
....DS15 to youth group, DH & I shopping (grocery & jeans for him)
....dinner -- took out some pre-cooked (by us) brisket from the freezer, will turn that into....something
....whatever there's time for after picking up DS, either Lego Masters or just DH and I veg out on the couch
....anything else that gets done (I"d like to sew if I have time between everything else)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Selkie said:

leahtalbot96 has asked me how to delete a second account. Anyone know how to do that?

Moderators have to do that.  I think that you would PM "Moderator" and tell them which account needs to be deleted?  Hmm.  Moderator doesn't come up as a choice.  I would PM OtherJohn (one of the administrators) and ask him to do it or to forward the request to whoever can do it. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

Last night and this morning I was researching pain tracking apps with the hope that there might be one that might give me insights.  Two floated to the top of my list.  I tried the first one this morning and it was stupid.  I tried the second one this morning and it was too.  They assume that pain is static and doesn't change throughout the day (mine does).  And they kept asking me for what triggered it.  If I knew that, I could have eliminated the problem 30 years ago!  I do know sometimes what triggers some pain - like falling down the stairs - but otherwise we joke that Mercury must be in retrograde but only every other Tuesday. . .   And they kept asking me my mood - irritated that they would ask!  I have pain when I'm happy, pain when I'm sad, if the pain is worse of course I'm sad but the sadness didn't cause the pain. . .    Oh and today is a "my hands aren't working" day - poor Juliet has been bashed in the face twice in the last ten minutes - the last time by my bone broth canister.  They had no category for that.  They should ask about Juliet's mood when that happens!  So both apps were tried and then deleted. 

I did find and installed a physical therapy app.  I haven't tried that one yet.

Human care is done

Pet care is done.  Including soothing poor Juliet who was getting a bit cautious about getting too close.  Now she's lying at my feet out of bone broth range.

medical care done

• Like 5

Washed, dried and put away dishes, knives and pans.

Wiped down counters, stove and microwave.

texted back and forth with ds who has a minor cold but is going to stay home again from school so as not to spread it.  But first he's getting a doctor's note to cover him from a professor's ire.

Reorganized the top shelf of my refrigerator. 

Am baking up the bacon which has a "best by" date of today. 

• Like 5

I survived a conference call.

Not much else so far, but I survived a conference call!

I texted and emailed the coach who promised the ref letter for my kid.  Sounds like she totally forgot about it.  I meant to remind her sooner.  I know she is traveling this weekend.  Oh well, it's a relatively short form.  Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow or Friday and we'll be in good shape.

• Like 6

Went through the next two shelves of the refrigerator. Threw out some outdated stuff. Wiped down the shelves. Washed out a couple of containers. Reorganized the remaining food. Took out the garbage. Feeling pretty productive. I still need to do the door. And do a quick look through and toss of the very last bits of last week’s leftovers. But I probably won’t get to that today. 

• Like 5