Menu

Twelvitis Vent

fairfarmhand

My son is 12. Very twelve.

One of us may not make it to see his 13th birthday if this continues.

That's all.

(I cant decide if the tears, crabbiness, and drama of a 12 yo girl is worse than the drama, loud, irritating, intentionally stupid of a 12  yo boy. And oh yes, they both have drama.)

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 6

((Hug))) one step at a time. My dh always says—they aren’t finished yet. But, yeah, been there (and am in a gap right now—the last two are four years apart—coming out of it with a nearly 15 yo and seeing glimmers of entering with a nearly 11yo.). I gotta say, though, that my dc who internalized it all ( and had no external drama) ended up needing the most mental health support. So, I try to remind myself that showing it externally is actually healthy bc at least I know what they are going through and thinking. 

Anyway—everything is not your fault no matter what they are telling you—lol 

• Like 2

Just now, teachermom2834 said:

I have three big boys and my youngest is a dd about to turn 12. I realize the worst may be yet to come with my dd, but 12 for the boys was so much worse. 

I have three older girls and a boy. I really find the girls less irritating. They were more self aware, so even if they have foolish moments, they passed more quickly and were more ready to admit they over-reacted. My son doesn't realize the over reaction and flat out ridiculousness of his behavior unless we have happened to catch it on video.

Some of that, I"m sure is due to personality.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

I have three older girls and a boy. I really find the girls less irritating. They were more self aware, so even if they have foolish moments, they passed more quickly and were more ready to admit they over-reacted. My son doesn't realize the over reaction and flat out ridiculousness of his behavior unless we have happened to catch it on video.

Some of that, I"m sure is due to personality.

That is how I think of it too, honestly. They are just loud and all over the place and think they are hilarious (or justified if it is an emotional thing but usually mine were just loud and inappropriately energetic). I also had three boys in five years so it was ALOT at times.

My dd is absolutely more thoughtful and able to discuss what is happening. And there is only one of her. But having survived three boys at a time, one girl seems a breeze.

4 hours ago, freesia said:

Anyway—everything is not your fault no matter what they are telling you—lol 

Goodness. It has become a family joke that DD#1 blames me for everything inclyding breaking YouTube (almost globally). "It Ain't My Fault" is her theme song.

I have a 12 yr old boy & a 10 yr old. The older one is pretty much over the moodiness & we know how to deal with each other most days. The younger one might be the death of me if this continues to 15 or 16. I've been dealing with it since 7 or 8. ...

I have three teenager girls & they have their moments, but 13-14 was about the peak of drama. Maybe. My memory is already foggy.

I was telling my 2 teens that it would be a good idea to pray for their younger sister because she's 11 and she's starting adolescence, and don't you remember how it felt to be 12 and 13? DS's eyes got really wide and he said, "Oooooooh. I forgot all about 13." LOL

Yeah.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

Goodness. It has become a family joke that DD#1 blames me for everything inclyding breaking YouTube (almost globally). "It Ain't My Fault" is her theme song.

I have a 12 yr old boy & a 10 yr old. The older one is pretty much over the moodiness & we know how to deal with each other most days. The younger one might be the death of me if this continues to 15 or 16. I've been dealing with it since 7 or 8. ...

I have three teenager girls & they have their moments, but 13-14 was about the peak of drama. Maybe. My memory is already foggy.

Yeah, like childbirth. lol

You should see the contortions my ds goes through sometimes trying to figure out how everything is ultimately my fault (situations like the Youtube one.)  Sometimes I laugh.  Being the third to go through it is hard bc you do get laughed at more.  On the other hand, he pushes my buttons less bc I don't take it as personally.

• Like 2