Menu

Please help identify this song!

I talk to the trees

After hours of unsuccessful googling to identify a song she danced to several years ago, my daughter as asked me to consult the Hive, for the Hive is wise and possesses great Google-fu! Here’s the problem: she only remembers a couple of lines, and one of those goes “ You, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you.” Another one she remembers, though it is a little fuzzy is “ Across the room you catch my eye.” Or something like that. Also, “ I have what you need” or maybe “ I am what you see” ? I have a vague memory of the song she is talking about, and it had kind of a slow, deliberate, techno feel to it. This is the ONE performance that she has ever done that we do not have a video of (another parent promised me a copy of hers, and never followed through.) The song had to be released prior to 2014, because the performance was in January of 2014.

Please, please help us! It is driving both of us crazy that we cannot identify this song! 🤪

4 minutes ago, Suzanne in ABQ said:

No, this song was more techno/dance/electronic in nature. Roughly 70-72 bpm, I would guess.

eta: Thanks for trying, though!

Edited by I talk to the trees

That is a slow beat for a dance routine! But the song is really interesting.

So last night after reading this thread, I spent the next two hours going through the songs I saved from Shazam. I'm half-way through but now I have a bunch of new songs for playlists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

THAT'S IT! 🎉

Thank you! You have no idea how many songs we have listened to trying to find this! 

AWESOME!!!!  I know the feeling of not being able to find a song. 

So regarding google-fu...you'll appreciate this.  I typed in all the lyrics you provided, separated by quotation marks, and the only result (yes, only 1 result--does that even happen with google??? lol) that came back was an episode of the TV show So You Think You Can Dance.  I then searched for that specific episode, found a few choices that detailed the episode, and one luckily gave the specifics of the song.  I had some false leads before I did the above, but fortunately this one worked.  When I went to bed last night, you gave enough details that I was fairly certain it was the one.  I even compared your BPM clue.  Puzzles are awesome!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BeachGal said:

...So last night after reading this thread, I spent the next two hours going through the songs I saved from Shazam. I'm half-way through but now I have a bunch of new songs for playlists.

I love these threads because I find so many new artists that I've never heard of before and take many a bunny trail through old (nostalgic) and new songs. Good times!

• Like 2