Menu

I ordered the bosch...

gardenmom5

tell me I'm going to love it.  it's the 800 series with very flexible racks.   can I put my stoneware plates in those racks at that angle?  I didn't take any plates with me.  right now - best buy has free installation on bosch, and today is the last day.  it is back ordered and it will be another month.

at least this dishwasher works, so I'm not washing dishes by hand - I want to try the pods as that might be part of the problem.  (but I hate it enough, I will be happy when it's gone.)  we used to buy the Kirkland dishwashing liquid - and it's not available anymore so we switched to cascade.

41 minutes ago, marbel said:

We have had two Bosch dishwashers; loved them both.  (The first one we left behind in a house we sold.)  

We have very hard water.  I've found that the Finish pods are the only way to get the dishes clean here. 

Could have written this exact post.

Our new house has brand new GE appliances and I am worried I will hate the dishwasher.

• Like 1

I don't have the 800 series, but I find that the Finish tablets are perfect for the dishwasher.  I also use the additional Finish rinse aid when the light goes on.  That helps with the drying and spots.  The tines are close together, but I use Corelle dishes so its perfect for me.  I can get a ton of dishes and bowls into the machine.  

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy your new dishwasher when it comes!

I thought you were referring to the Bosch Mixer from the title.  I have been waiting to order one since right after Christmas when I decided to get it, but it was literally after the sale ended and it hasn’t been on sale since.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Patty Joanna said:

That's what we were going to get when our dishwasher broke.  But dh came home and did something with a hairpin, a hammer and a swear word, and the dishwasher has been working fine ever since.  

did he take lessons from fonzi?

14 hours ago, school17777 said:

I thought you were referring to the Bosch Mixer from the title.  I have been waiting to order one since right after Christmas when I decided to get it, but it was literally after the sale ended and it hasn’t been on sale since.

So did I. My Bosch mixer is, gosh, almost 30 years old, and I still love it. A friend has both a Bosch mixer and a KitchenAid (she bought one and her mother gave her the other). She says the Bosch makes better bread than the KitchenAid. I forget what the difference is, but she says it's noticeable.

I have the food processor attachment for mine, which I use primarily for grating cheese and making mayo. 🙂 I do use it for other stuff, of course, but that's what I use it the most for.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 1

I had to replace my Kitchen Aid (which I loved) because the electronics fried on it, and a new harness was going to cost almost as much as a new dishwasher.  I replaced it with a Bosch, which was on sale on the Lowe's website.  I bought it online, without seeing it in person, which was a mistake.  I wish I had taken my dishes into the store to try things out.  

I've had the Bosch for about a year.  I still miss my Kitchen Aid.  The Bosch cleans really well, it's noticeably smaller in side then the KA, and the KA was so much easier to load.  As mentioned, the tines on the Bosch are much closer together.  I don't have heavy stoneware or anything all that big, but they must just use smaller plates in Europe than we do in the US.  I also hate that there are no flat bases anywhere in the top rack.  Glasses load along the edges fine, tilted against the sides of the rack, but if I have any extra glasses there is nowhere to put them where they don't wobble.  Likewise with serving dishes and such  I just have to lay them all in there all willy-nilly, sometimes resting glass on glass (which makes me nervous).  Another thing that bugs the OCD in me is that there is no symmetry.  That sounds silly, but I didn't realize how comfortable I was with Kitchen Aid's symmetry until I didn't have it.  

Again, I'm very happy with how the Bosch cleans (I use Cascade pods).  The model I have doesn't have a food grinder, so I have to scrape the dishes, but I don't need to rinse them.  And, even though the plates and bowls are very close together, they still come out clean.  I wish I had taken my dishes in to try the different models.  Indeed, you might not have the loading issues I have had with mine.  

I don't believe you'll hate your Bosch.  Just have an open mind about loading.  :biggrin:

• Thanks 1