Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! 

-coffee
-DS17 back to school
-school with DS14 (he has 4 online classes today so pretty much on his own)
-drop off soda and granola bars at DS17's school
-email to AP coordinator at public school re:  some sort of code DS14 needs for his computer exam

-get pedicure
-stop at liquor store
-take a few things to Goodwill while I am out that way
-stop at eye doc to talk to them about insurance (they say they don't accept our insurance, insurance company says they do)

-sign DS17 up for SAT in June
-leave for playoff baseball game 2 hours from home

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Lots to get done today. It's a dark and gloomy morning, but the sun is supposed to be coming out in a bit.

• school w/dd
  • office work...tons and tons of office work😫
  • read a chapter of The Next Millionaire Next Door: Enduring Strategies for Building Wealth (I'm planning to go through this book with my kids this summer)
  • take Soft Ride boots off dd's horse to let them dry out (poor guy is having pain in his feet again, and of course he had to stand out in the pouring rain last night and his boots got soaked)
  • make a list of errands and other things that need to get done in the next few days
  • look into arranging a college visit for dd (she is planning to go to the same school as the boys and is already pretty familiar with the campus, but we're doing the visit anyway, just for fun)
  • laundry - at least three or four loads
  • water plants
  • vacuum basement
  • dinner: Italian peas and pasta soup
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Dd is feeling better, but not going to tutorial since she was still throwing up at 10 pm last night. 

• Mini-school with ds. Math, writing, Lit and Bible.
  • Ds to Science class. Robotics! 
  • Call mom.
  • Gas in my van.
  • Checking acct. reconciled
  • See if Dd is well enough to accomplish some work? Got her started. I know she's not 100% better, but the work needs to be turned in! 
  • AHG badge prep for this weekend.

Dinner is chx taco salad/nachos for dh, me and ds. Dd will have a baked potato. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning! I feel like I have a lot of things to do today- but the only ones I can think of for sure are the grocery store and the bank. I really could use a vacation- from my entire family. 

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • kitchen chores
  • grocery store/bank
  • all the other things I can't remember right now
  • ds3 to tennis
  • check on quilt progress- get the binding ready
  • pick up ds3
  • just the two of us for dinner- leftovers

Have a great day!

• Like 4

hugs, Margaret.

• Meds. feeding of pets, breakfast, coffee - done
  • Laundry=-started
  • PREP for Neurology visit
  • go to 2 doctors offices, one to peruse records, Neurologist to get forms so I can fill out in peace
  • buy Botanical garden memberships renewals for son and daughter
  • deal with bill and insurance
  • forward to dh info about Thomas Edison university
  • Like 5

Kitchen is clean.

First load of towels is in the washer.

Watered and fussed over my plants.

Stalls are clean with fresh bedding.

I had to go out in the mucky mud and catch dd's horse. He was headed down to eat grass with the others, which is a no no for him. It is too high in sugar this time of year. Brought him back up and got his muddy boots off, cleaned them up, and left them out in the sun to dry.

Talked to ds20 about the weekend road trip we have planned, in search of our project car.

Cleaned up mess in pantry. Ds18's Easter basket was in there and, unbeknownst to me, dopey cat Linus snuck in. He attacked the basket and it looked like an Easter grass factory had exploded in there.

• Like 4

It's past 1:30am and I'm waiting for 5pm CT so I can go to bed!!

It was a pretty good day.  I did have to do some urgent work both before and after we did our fun stuff.  I have some audits and tax returns due April 30 so I have to get last minute stuff to/from the auditors / tax preparers.  Plus of course address other people's emergencies.  I still have a few documents to review tomorrow morning.

We spent several hours at the hotel's water park, beach, and pool.  I stayed dry and took pictures - I just don't want to deal with skin problems from too much chlorine and sun - it ruins my vacation every time.  Unlike the last couple days, the weather today was / is gorgeous.  Plus, we have our actual clothes and toiletries, yay!

Tomorrow is our check-out day.  I am hoping that in the a.m. we can do a couple things we missed here at the hotel - it has a big aquarium for example.  We paid extra to include stuff, so we might as well use it.  After noon, we have a big taxi to drive us to Abu Dhabi for the second part of our trip.

• Like 5

Human care done

pet care done

medical care done

called oral surgeon office - they are going to check dd out tomorrow just to make sure that things are going ok  (Probably is but there is one tiny area of concern and I figure it's worth a quick look).

algebra done and graded

then I went to the dentist while dd got the rest of her school done on her own.  So I will have double the grading to do tomorrow.

I have no cavities but my jaw and teeth ached for a good solid three hours afterwards.  Ugh.  But we went out for our usual celebration of cavity free status to the frozen yogurt shop.  The cold helped a lot.

Then we did a very quick dash to Costco.  We went in, grabbed one item and then dashed out.  They now have some self check out stands so it really was miraculously quick. 

Dd then helped me with some fence demolition.  We are all caught up on pulling nails out of boards and we got one more fence segment done.  This is a very slow way to do it but as with most things I have to use the "slow but steady" approach.

Now I get a bit of a rest.  Time to watch some Midsomer Murders. 

• Like 4