Menu

General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

amiesmom

We watched. ITA on the funeral dirge quality of the music of the first session.

I really appreciated Elder Uchtdorf’s talk on how we can help carry out the Savior’s great commission (love God, love each other, increase your discipleship, share what is in your heart, and trust the Lord). I also liked Elder Holland’s talk on how we can show respect and reverence in the sacrament meeting. 

I, quite honestly, was less impressed with a couple of other talks today. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

any one else notice a lot of very deep bass on the organ? I'm wondering if it's me, or new tv (though the receiver and speakers are old.)  it really bugged my nerves, and I had to turn off the sound.

I didn't notice, but then again we're watching on a laptop, so not great sound in general.

4 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have already adjusted the sound balance on our tv, so I wouldn’t know but I find full organ music really difficult to endure. I would be super happy if we moved to all pianos.

Sometimes I am asked to play for Sacrament. I don’t do organ, but piano. I get a few people commenting on how invigorating the piano is. But I also have had a couple suggest it is less-than (mostly stake visitors). Honestly, if I’m the sub, piano is what you get and if you don’t like it, they can play. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 4