Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! I got to meet our very own Amy/Mom31257 yesterday!  I hope she is able to come to our tackle threads more often in the future, I have missed her daily presence here.

-coffee
-laundry (baseball uniforms, story of my life, plus other stuff) DONE: 4
-get on kids' case because both have some unpacking left to do and quite a bit of cleaning (downside of new house - first floor master so I hardly ever go upstairs and when I do I'm appalled at the kids rooms)
-clean house (ugh)
-work outside
-dinner (Italian pork chops)
-DH leaves around 8 tonight for a business trip (no early flight tomorrow so had to leave tonight)

ETA:  
-plan school for the week, update planning book (haven't updated it since we've moved in)
-figure out what option I want to homeschool under in SC (apparently I have 3 options)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning! Yes, it was so great to meet Pink and Green Mom!!! It was the best part of being at the conference! I hope to be on here more, too. 

Ds made it Colorado, and I made it home from the convention late last night. I'll still have tutoring this week, and I hope to get some cleaning out projects done. 

Dd is dealing with more depression and anxiety than she has had, and she is in counseling. Please pray for her!

Today:

• Church
  • lunch out
  • get a plan together for this week
  • work on co-op classes 
  • work on Wednesday night Awana lesson
  • go to dinner with a friend to celebrate her birthday

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Praying for your dd, Amy. Mine called in tears from the meet- a torn hip labrum is no joke and unsupportive (actively difficult) teammates have made this meet a terrible experience. She is scratching out of the mile today-never has done that before- and is counting the hours until she flies to see her sister. Rough, rough all the way around.

I am super sore and tired. I am planning to clean the house while it is cold and this afternoon, put in some edging for beds.

• coffee/paper
  • laundry
  • grocery trip- donuts for ds3
  • write
  • clean house
  • put in edging
  •  read and relax a little

Have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I am sooo envious that Amy and Pink and Green got to meet each other!

Amy and Jen, prayers for your dds. One of my boys is going through a rough patch with his OCD, and I am worrying about sending him back up to school. And, as always, feeling guilty because he inherited it from me.😞 

Also, dh and I had to have a chat with him and his brother yesterday about making an effort to get along, or at least not be at each other's throats, for the rest of the school year. Their personalities are so different and rooming together has not worked out well...*sigh*

• plan my week
  • figure out what we are going to eat this week
  • get groceries and clean laundry together for boys to take back up to school
  • brush dogs and groom horses
  • vacuum
  • order stamps
  • make almond milk
  • dinner: probably veggie burgers
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning, all!  Amy, Jen, and Selkie, prayers for your dc.  

Done:

breakfast, coffee

To do:

church

lunch?

car shopping

find missing math book, very frustrating (think it got left behind in the move)

make plans for spring break this week

schedule training session for dd at the gym

prep veggies for the week

take body measurements, weight for workout planner

try and make water goal

read, relax, watch basketball

Have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

Sounds like a wonderful day, Jean!

It is. But it is also a hard day for me physically. I had cramps in my legs the whole time I was driving. And I have already met my step goal and we haven’t gone on our planned hike yet. I am not saying anything to dh or dd -don’t want to take away from a fun day. But you can pray that I will manage the rest of the day.   

• Like 6

It is gloomy and soggy here today. At least the snow has been taken out of tomorrow's forecast, although we are supposed to get some later in the week - boo!

Got the boys sent off to school and I've been working on getting my messy house back in order. Lots of vacuuming.

Cut dh's hair.

Figured out four dinners I can make this week without having to go to the grocery store - yay.

• Like 6

I have seriously been so overwhelmingly busy that I don't even have time to post what I am doing!  

Cleaner/stager/organizer has been here 3 days so far, and will come 3 days this next week.

Trash cans are full

loads of stuff to the storage unit has happened.  

massive cleaning/moving stuff/getting rid of stuff/shopping

Realtor came yesterday to discuss details

Appraiser is coming Tue to measure.  Photographer is coming Friday to get pictures.  It should hit MLS by the end of this week or early the following week.

Meanwhile work has ramped up to a crazy level of busy.  And I am supposed to take the National Boards test at the end of April.  I am seriously thinking of changing that to mid June if I can.

Hoping we sell quickly and can move everything out during my Spring Break at the end of April.

• Like 6

Finally catching up here after a busy weekend.

Hiked 10 miles, mostly steep hills, with AHG girls yesterday and am sore today. But the weather was glorious, the girls are fun and it was so nice to spend the day outdoors - worth a few sore muscles. I need to work on identifying wildflowers! 

Dd earned a superior rating at her piano audition last weekend and got to play in an honors recital this afternoon. She is just an intermediate and this year is her/our first dabble into any competitive music events. Fun for her to do well on this. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a video tomorrow. 

Watched some bball. Vols squeaked by again. Sad to see UCF lose to Duke at the last second. I always like to see a few big upsets! 

Ds gets his Arrow of Light tomorrow night, so I need to write down some thoughts for Dh to include in his words to Ds in the ceremony. 

Off to bed for me. Tomorrow will be busy!

• Like 3