Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We had our celebration yesterday when my aunt and uncle came to visit.  My parents are still here from FL.

-coffee
-lounge around for a bit
-work on some house stuff
-write email to co-op for shadow day tomorrow for DS14
-edit a paper DS17 has due tomorrow (he is a dreadful writer)
-get ready for the upcoming week
-dinner (roasted salmon, potato and greenbeans)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Trying to decide if I should go to church or take oldest to the UC  and skip.  He is home from college but I am now suspecting he could have pneumonia.  So, I will either go to church first and then UC (and not wake him up) or take him to UC first.

We are going to look at 2 houses with the realtor

And:

• clean kitchen
  • pack up DH's stuff on the ping pong table and take it to storage
  • grocery shop
  • Like 5

Good morning!🍀

Dawn, I hope your ds is feeling better soon!

• work on outside cleanup - need to clear out the snow and manure piles by the sheds 
  • have ds20 get supplies for our fencing project
  • clean the interior of my car
  • laundry
  • plan my week, work on calendar, plan meals
  • order blueberry tea
  • roast beets and eggplant, make almond milk and hibiscus tea, make quinoa
  • figure out how to cook a batch of black beans in my Instant Pot - got it as a gift last year and have never used it
  • dinner: veggie burgers & oven fries
  • watch a movie with ds18 tonight
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Good morning! Today is my birthday! I don't have anything planned- maybe work on my garden if it warms up today.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • read
  • update calendar for next week/next month- crazy busy with meets and official visits for dd2
  • work in garden? 
  • not sure what else

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Morning, all!  Happy Birthday, Jen!  Hope you have a great day!

We got back late last night and needless to say, my feet are killing me.  Today I am most likely a couch potato.

To do:

church?

dh wants to go to a car show, so hopefully one of the boys will go with him, will bbq something for dinner after when they get home

watch basketball, lesson plan for next year

read, lots of coffee today + water

laundry 

Have a great day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Howdy.  I've been off and on this week.  Yesterday was a fairly productive and fun day, but I didn't get much online time.

Last night my kids were being a pain in the a$$ about washing their hair, so I decided I was going to bed and it was up to them to get ready and wake me in the morning if they wanted to go to confirmation class / church.  They went ahead and got their showers / hair washed, but nobody felt like getting up on time, so oh well.  I needed a day off from chasing people in the morning.

This morning I got up leisurely and had a long shower and did a little "self care" that I rarely get to.  I'm still "coffeeing up."

Today I am military mom because the kids have been slacking both domestically and academically.

I made the kids clean out their school bags and round up all their laundry and hangers first.

Then I gave them 2 homework assignments that they should be able to do without any help - to let my brain get ready for the brainy stuff.

They have at least one other homework assignment, study practice and notes for 2 tests, and I am planning to read a book relevant to their science chapter.  If all goes well, I'll also read a chapter of their fun read-aloud.  And one kid wants to cook tacos tonight, and she says I need to help her, whatever that means.  😛  I should try to get something done on the flag badge for AHG, but realistically it is unlikely to happen.

I have lots of "work" work to do, though most of it is getting caught up with old filing & getting ahead on future deadlines.  It would be great if I could get my inbox to where it was before I went on my winter vacation.

Laundry.  So far I have one load in the washer (I made my kid put it in because she got her clothes nasty and was supposed to wash them yesterday).   The goal is to get all laundry up to date today.

I also need to pay some bills, start the AHG newsletter, and hopefully get those thank you cards out.  Then calendar.

Meanwhile, on breaks, I'm working on a little reading, yoga, gathering stuff to hand down to nieces, and straightening some piles of stuff in my room.

• Like 5

I got through a bunch of old emails and started my 2018 tax worksheet (donations page).

Paid some bills.

Cancelled a service I've been paying for but never use.  (They started charging me a monthly fee after signing me up for a "free" service.  Pile of BS.)

• Like 3