Menu

Tesla - what a find looking car!

sheryl

That's all!

I don't have one, nor do I really want one.  Just think they're pretty.  

I also like Jeep Wranglers (wish I had one in the redbrown/pumpkin color), Sequoia (I know YOU irl life have one.  DD is amazed at how your middle ds handles the vehicle - I guess she saw him pull in/back out one teen night a year ago or so), Nissan QX 80 or similar...don't know what else.

What do y'all like?

A white tesla stopped early to let me through in a crowded parking lot.  Nice!

We see Tesla everywhere being near both their Palo Alto headquarters and their Fremont factory.  My kids have fun counting Tesla on the road. My favorites are Ferrari because of Michael Schumacher and McLaren because of Formula One racing.

Recent local news https://abc7news.com/tesla-that-caught-fire-in-los-gatos-reignites-at-campbell-auto-shop/4925030/

“SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- 

A Saratoga man's effort to fix a flat tire ends in the destruction of his new Tesla Model S.

The front of the car burst into flames, just minutes after it was towed to Los Gatos Tire and Auto Repair on University Avenue on Tuesday afternoon. Then, later on, that evening, the car reignited at an auto shop in Campbell.

Tesla released this statement to ABC7 News, responding to Tuesday's incident: "We are currently investigating the matter and are in touch with local first responders. We are glad to hear that everyone is safe."

The Model S owner told ABC7 News, this is the last Tesla his family will own.

"If this had been in the house, and we were on vacation, and this thing caught fire in the garage, the whole house could go under," he said.

Santa Clara County firefighters say they will be stationing crews with the car all night to put out any more fires that may erupt.”

they're ok.    my neighbor right across from me has one, and there's a showroom in the mall where I sometimes walk.  there are a bunch more at the school where dudeling attends.  I'm in a major tech area  - so  tesla's are common. 

1ds thinks they're cool. . . . but he's an engineer.

I smh every time I see a porsche caynne (it's supposed to be an suv) . . . just, no.  . . and that orange lambo running around is really ugly.

3 hours ago, sheryl said:

That's all!

I don't have one, nor do I really want one.  Just think they're pretty.  

I also like Jeep Wranglers (wish I had one in the redbrown/pumpkin color), Sequoia (I know YOU irl life have one.  DD is amazed at how your middle ds handles the vehicle - I guess she saw him pull in/back out one teen night a year ago or so), Nissan QX 80 or similar...don't know what else.

What do y'all like?

A white tesla stopped early to let me through in a crowded parking lot.  Nice!

have you seen the mercedes g-class suv?   It reminds me of the more classic range rover (which apparently isn't being made anymore.)   that one could tempt me . . . 

there are some maybach's running around.  and different enough they caught my attention to want to know what they were.

Our house is filled with constant car talk. Ds20 is a car fanatic - he's getting his business degree now and then planning to go to mechanic school. I've learned more about cars from him than I ever imagined.🙂

I've driven SUVs for years, but I think my next car will be a wagon - either a Volvo or a BMW.

• Like 1

I'm not really a car person.  However I have always liked Range Rovers and right now the new Cadillac Escalade SUV in white is beautiful.  I'm not sure my career as home educator is lucrative enough to buy those!  I have driven a minivan for years.  I'm on my second Odyssey, but next time I'm not getting a minivan.  

BIL got a Tesla for his mid-life crisis. I would never want one. At Thanksgiving they talked about the car doing software updates while they were driving, and they were pretty sure they had enough juice left to get back home, but that would cause me constant worry. Also fighting for space at charging stations doesn't sound fun. Not really the car ownership experience I want. But they are happy with it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

We have a bunch of Tesla’s around. I like some of them, but there’s one that looks like it has a giant bum- hatchback and not a fan. 

My current drool fest is over the new Lincoln Navigator. Not that I dislike my car or am complaining about it at all. I love my SUV. But that Navigator is all sorts of gorgeous. And most of the new trucks are stunning now too. It’s a good time for the auto industry. Hopefully they don’t ruin it as they’re occasionally known to do.....

Lots of Teslas here, too. Not my type.

But that new Navigator . . . we went to a car show recently and got to sit in one, all $92,000 of it. It was gorgeous. My Navi is a 2006 and I love it--we buy them 5 - 10 years used for a fraction of the new price. So I guess I'll be in the market for that 2019 Navi along about 2026, when I will be long past needing seating for 7! Saw a commercial for the new Expedition, too, and it sure was pretty.

• Like 1

gardenmom5,  for some reason I can not stand merceded  wagon/g or whatever it's called.  I do NOT like " box" cars.  To me they are boring looking.  Too much like a "cube".  

I do like the older Range Rovers a lot.  I don't know about the Tesla's functionality but I'm just saying it's a pretty car.  🙂  

Arcadia,  Yes, there is a McLaren that we see on our way home from church - on more than 1 occasion.  Our church lets out and we stop off to get gasoline. I always figured he was just getting up and out for a Sunday drive and needed to fuel up.  DH talked with him one time as they were both filling up and the McLaren owner said he gets only 13 or some ridiculously low number of miles per gallon.  So, I guess he goes on his joy ride which consists of going from gasoline station to gasoline station.  But, it sure is a fun looking little car!

Edited by sheryl