Menu

Gift request- What is LOL Surprise?

teachermom2834

Nothing reminds me how out of touch I am with pop culture like picking an ornament off the angel tree at church. 😂

We picked a 10 yo girl because I have a 10 yo daughter. She requested “LOL Surprise”.  I looked at it for a few minutes trying to figure out if it was the name of an item or if she was laughing and wanted us to surprise her. I searched for it on Amazon so I saw it was an actual item. I went to Target and bought an assortment of the items but I still can’t figure out exactly what it is. I hope I got what the girl wanted. Is it just a little figure with little accessories but you don’t know which ones you will get until you open it? I can see how that would be fun and cute. They are expensive though! 

My own dd is now intrigued...but I’m not keen on getting into this one. She went though a phase of spending her allowance on Hatchimals so I’m thinking this is the same kind of thing. ?

Edited by teachermom2834

13 minutes ago, teachermom2834 said:

Nothing reminds me how out of touch I am with pop culture like picking an ornament off the angel tree at church. 😂

We picked a 10 yo girl because I have a 10 yo daughter. She requested “LOL Surprise”.  I looked at it for a few minutes trying to figure out if it was the name of an item or if she was laughing and wanted us to surprise her. I searched for it on Amazon so I saw it was an actual item. I went to Target and bought an assortment of the items but I still can’t figure out exactly what it is. I hope I got what the girl wanted. Is it just a little figure with little accessories but you don’t know which ones you will get until you open it? I can see how that would be fun and cute. They are expensive though! 

My own dd is now intrigued...but I’m not keen on getting into this one. She went though a phase of spending her allowance on Hatchimals so I’m thinking this is the same kind of thing. ???

Its a round shaped ball with dolls and associated surprises inside. Called LOL surprise.

I have no idea the allure. My daughter (age 7)'s friends are all begging for it. I'm glad she prefers the Hatchimals (*And really the Hatchibuddies)  I did notice at Michael's last night a bunch of craft projects, etc branded the same.

(I would have thought age 10 a little old)

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vonfirmath said:

Its a round shaped ball with dolls and associated surprises inside. 

(I would have thought age 10 a little old)

Oh, they have all kinds of shapes and containers and capsules now! 

My kids would have gone for it at 10. Possibly 12, lol. 

• Like 1

Yep, my niece and other young cousins have requested LOL Surprises for Christmas. They are pricey, but there are various types. We bought niece a "little sister" for $6. They have all sorts of larger sets ($$$!!) and even a dollhouse now. I happen to know they are sized perfectly for Calico Critter sets... 😛

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wilrunner said:

Would these be appropriate for a 4yo girl? I need to get my niece a gift and it sounds like something she would enjoy.

As long as she's good with tiny parts. My 3 and 5 year old nieces were playing with these at a recent gathering. (They technically belonged to older niece, but you know how that goes...) The dolls are hand-sized for a small child; the accessories are teensy. 

Just now, alisoncooks said:

As long as she's good with tiny parts. My 3 and 5 year old nieces were playing with these at a recent gathering. (They technically belonged to older niece, but you know how that goes...) The dolls are hand-sized for a small child; the accessories are teensy. 

Thank you. She's good with small parts, but she has a 12 month old brother. I think I'll check with her mom first.

• Like 1