Menu

What college class would you take if you needed 3 credits to graduate

lynn

Something I had always wanted to learn more about....

I took a philosophy class for that very reason. It was very interesting!! And I ended up receiving an 'A' (and for a solid 'B' student, it was a surprise!)

Maybe an art class. I draw stick figures and would love to learn how to draw well. Not sure if you need talent going in or if they work with wanna-bes :)

Something FUN - for me, back in the day,(undergrad.) that was a class in the English Dept. on Samuel Clemens, my favorite author. OK, I was not an English Major and only got a C but still remember that class - I learned a great deal! Look for any class that goes outside your major and looks interesting. When I was at UCLA working on my MA in film stuff I also took two classes for fun in the Architecture/Urban Planning Dept.

I took linguistics because it was in the oldest building on campus and I wanted to have a class in that building.

I think kinesiology is interesting. Maybe some prenursing course. I have kids with medical issues, so I'm always researching this stuff on my own.

After I graduated I was glad that I had taken American History on a whim, because it was a requirement of a teaching license in my state (I'm certified to teach Chemistry, and have special ed certification for secondary math and science special ed classes so American History didn't come up when I was teaching).

Me? And just one more class? Photography. Something fun and unrelated to everything else I was doing. A skill I'd use.

Now, if I needed to add an extra year of courses (about 30 hrs.), I would have done business and/or journalism -- but for just one class, Photography would have been "it."

Well I always enjoyed my philosopy classes - one was basically a logic class which was quite good. I think my favorite college class was history of engineering if something is available like that for you. It talked about how current views of the world, including religious beliefs, affected everything from medicine to buildings to science. It was a fascinating class and would fit in so well with a classical education.