Menu

The Yikes! It's Tech Week! Teachers Lounge 2-23-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning/afternoon, all, and welcome to Tech Week - I mean, the Teachers Lounge!

The forum being down for so long really through me so naturally, I've been remiss in my duties in opening the Lounge.
This week may be sporadic at best as my son is in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which means dress rehearsals
today (including set up and getting fitted for costumes), tomorrow (I will be working our special election all day), and Wednesday. Thurs,
Friday, and Saturday are all performances. As I am in charge of putting Thank You gifts together for the Directors et al. it's a busy week for 
me, too. Not too mention grading my daughter's schoolwork, meal prep for this week and next, getting ready to leave for a week on Sunday,
and . . . I need to go get new tires put on my car today. Whew!

My schedule is above. What's yours look like today?

Did you miss me? ;-) I've been busy being distracted. You, what have you been up to?

What was for breakfast today? Here: we had Breakfast Baked Potatoes. I baked potatoes in the crockpot overnight, then cooked eggs and bacon this morning.
Topped the potatoes with that. 

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 2

Sorry, Scrap!  It's been busy here, too!  I have guests coming this week and we're out of town during the next, so I spent today running errands.  And since there's road construction going on, everything is taking twice as long.  Oy vey.

Pizza for dinner tonight here.  And I'm sad to say I skipped breakfast this morning.  I meant to, but the 8yo wanted to get started with school and I wandered away from the kitchen after a cup of coffee.  Oops!

• Like 2

Hi Scrap!

Ordinary day here, with an exceptionally grouchy and difficult almost 11 yr old. It's almost 4:00 and he has tons of work left to do because he's wasted the day and had tantrums all day. Sigh. He was so fun when he was little... 

We have performances coming up too, but nothing so elaborate that it needs a tech week. Ds' drama class will do skits and monologues Friday, Dd is in a one-act play next week and both kids have a piano recital next week. Dd will be doing some musical theater next year, so she will get a more complete experience then, and I will learn how it goes too. 

Dd is making scones. 

I need to do houseowork, but Ds will not do his work if I am not with him. Sigh again. 

This mom gig is rough sometimes. 

• Like 1

I was wondering when the Lounge would re-open. Thanks for starting up again. All the best with your upcoming production!

My youngest just had tech week last week and his group's production of "Pirates Past Noon" (from Magic Treehouse) on Saturday. He did well as the cabin boy, and had a fun time. I didn't do much for the tech week except for some set painting and a bit of the strike afterwards. I'm much more involved with my older 2 dss upcoming production of Aladdin Jr. (the broadway version). I'm learning to be the sound technician. So far I can turn on and off the songs (with and without pre-taped vocals). I don't know how to record any special effects or anything fancy like that. It does take a lot of focus to get the music going at precisely the right time. I didn't know how vital this role would be. The experienced sound technician got injured a couple weeks ago, so I've been doing sound at all the rehearsals. They are Friday nights from 7 - 10 pm, and trying to stay focused when I'm tired is challenging.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm here {{{waving hello}}}}.

I've missed the lounge.

Monday's are my super busy days.  I teach three classes and do some tutoring at the end.

I'm teaching a total 10 classes this session and a few of them are full, so my business is doing really well.  I have 3 weeks left for some classes, 4 weeks left for others thanks to snow days.

I haven't been happy with the way school has been going for my kids so I decided I needed to write down assignments EVERY DAY and check their assignments EVERY DAY.  We'll do school (at least math and reading) all summer, and we're not really behind but I'm not happy with how things have been going so I'm hoping that will help.  

Spring seems to have FINALLY arrived around here.  We had snow flurries last week and it's been cold and wet and miserable but today it hit 78 degrees and it's nice and sunny.  I'm soooooo glad, even if it does mean my allergies will be killing me for a while.

I had oatmeal with fruit compote and tea with honey for breakfast.  Not my favorite but it was made and waiting for me when I woke up, so I'll take it.

• Like 1

Where's Toto, the good news about allergy season is there is always a plant growing that can help you counteract those allergies. Pretty neat, huh?
Oh, and breakfast made FOR me would be a treat!

Wintermom, so you at least have some idea of what I speak! Kudos to you!

ScoutTN, seriously.

HomeAgain, I get you on the construction all around the city. Seems to be never-ending here - they just move the cones and barricades to the next street over, it seems.

• Like 2

Glad to see the Lounge!  I've missed it.

breakfast was muesli then some yoghurt because I was still hungry!

todays plan is mostly school with a bit of housework thrown in.  

We've been doing wayfarers but I feel like we've got way behind on some parts (ok to be really honest we haven't even started one of the science programs and it's week 12!). I'm finding it quite hard to make all the parts work together and get done.  Part of that is I'm not willing to let go some stuff that was working well last year.  Part is that one dd can make her math books lessons take 2 hours!  Ugh

• Like 1