Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

Happy Valentine's Day! It feels like spring is on the way here this morning.

•get everyone's Valentine's gifts ready. I had to get creative this year since no one here eats candy anymore. Dh is getting 10# of wild blueberries, ds19 a woodworking tool, ds17 a video game, and dd15 some bath bombs from Lush.

•school

•office work (mainly bills)

•dust and vacuum basement

•lots of paddock cleanup now that the snow is melting

•dd and ds17 Model UN

•dd violin lesson

•dinner: spicy braised tofu tostadas

• Like 5

Good morning!  

-coffee

-DS16 off to school and baseball

-DS13 to co-op (DH taking him, I'm picking up)

-workout (30 min cardio, 30 minutes legs/glutes)

-pick up DS13 from co-op, let him stay and play for a bit

-laundry DONE:  0  (goal - 3 loads)

-eyelash appointment

-figure out dinner (DH wants to go out for Vday, I prefer not to - may go to the butcher and pick up these wonderful marinated steak tips they have)

-make sure I have WTMA log in info squared away in order to register for classes tomorrow

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Woke up to lots of presents from Dh and kids.  That would be nice everyday.

Kids got gifts from their grandma for V-day and are hard at work with all the messy crafts. 

School

Cleaning.

Paperwork

Phone calls

Lunch 

Nap for the little

Dance

Gymnastics

and swim tonight

Drop off taxes tonight.  

And watch the olympics this afternoon and tonight. 

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 6

Things I didn't get to yesterday and the day before and....

Make a flourless chocolate cake. Coeur a la creme and raspberry Grand Marnier sauce were done yesterday, took hardly any time at all.

Planning to set a pretty table with some flowered Dresden stlyle china, pink linens, rose napkin rings, pink candles. Pick up some pink flowers. Otherwise very simple, easy to cook dinner -- chicken breast (fresh, from poultry farm) with mushroom-herb-sherry sauce (no cream, because of desserts later), grilled radicchio, snow peas.

Edited by Alessandra
  • Like 6

Pretty regular day here. Dh gave me flowers last night, since he is at the swim meet today through Sunday. I don't do much Valentine day things for the kids, as usually they have athletic stuff and are watching their sweets intake. Sounds impressive, but I am sitting next to a tray of mini-cupcakes ds2 brought home from judo and there are quite a few missing.

Oh wait, that was me...

To do:

dd2 to school

boys up and school

laundry/chores

eat a late breakfast

paperwork- get ready for trip

grocery store (get stuff for kids to take to dmil's-they are spending the weekend there)

jen things

pick up dd2

club practice/aikido

home to dinner by ds3-parmesan crusted chicken and mac and cheese (dd2 request) and salad

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Good morning!

Already done:

prayer, fed pets (moving them to raw diet - makes things more complicated!), gave dh a little valentine's gift of beard oil, let in the painters who are drywalling and painting our basement, went to Ash Wed mass.

To do:

Fasting today

Take ds to class

p/u ds from class

plan for co-op classes

take dd to voice lesson

make some kind of meatless light dinner (eggs and potatoes maybe?)

Take dd to her musical rehearsal - she's in Bye Bye Birdie

p/u dd from rehearsal (hoping someone else will do this!)

• Like 6

Good morning- those school things that don’t get done today will carry over for the rest of the week and microbiology will also go into next week...

- coffee... lots of coffee

- get dd2 up and dressed- done but with a few tears

- take dd2 to school- done

- grab a few groceries and cash back- done

- fill up car- done

- pay property tax- done

- do lab exercises for microbiology tonight (fill out the questions not based on results)

- print power points if professor posts the correct ones (we are on unit 3, chapters 5,6 and 7; he posted chapter 3 PowerPoints, easy mistake to make especially since he’s a dentist during the day and teaches microbiology on campus Monday and Wednesday evenings and also teaches a few online classes)- he posted the right ones and they have been printed and 3 holes punched

- start reading microbiology chapters and take notes and do chapter reviews

- notes for history chapters (2 of those) and chapter reviews- I have read them through once

- read primary documents for history and journal those

- 2 history quizzes

- 2 replies to history discussion

- read over last few microbiology labs for quiz next week

- unit 3 questions for microbiology that are done online

- unit 3 dynamic study modules

- girls off bus- done

- get girls ready to go to dh’s work aka make sure they have a snack and something to do- done

- dinner- clam chowder in the crockpot- it was sooooo good :) and no left overs

- take girls to dh and pick up classmate- done

- school- done

- bedtime routine for me

- anything else I get done- 1 load of laundry

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 6

I’m surprised that so many people give gifts on Valentine’s Day. We just say “Happy Valentine’s Day!â€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I give candy and get homemade cards.

My special blessing is that kids are not in elementary school any more. Policy -- which I think is good -- that, if you give valentines, everyone in class must get one. Policy -- which I now wish I had ignored -- is that kids prepare the cards themselves, writing names on envelops, stuffing envelopes. It took more time than I could have imagined possible.

We celebrate with a meal. And this year we got a tiny (6") rustic wooden heart for the back door. We dug it out of a sea of red glitter in a local discount store. No price tag, so we were charged $2. We also got a rustic St Patrick's day hanging thing, found in a sea of green glitter, also $2.

• Like 4

Started out good.  Need to get the momentum back up.

• The kids got off to the school bus with their forms and valentines and instruments.  I did forget to give them $ for dinner....
  • Cleaned out the garage where there were about 200 empty boxes and other random crap.
  • Cleaned the fridge partway.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • A little bit of housework.
  • Paid some bills.
  • Some donation stuff.
  • Got current on internet stuff.
  • Got some work done, not enough....

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • Amazon order already.
  • Would like to organize my kids' underwear drawers today.  How can they have full drawers and say they can't find what they need?
  • More fridge cleaning (get rid of food that is too old).
  • Pay bills.
  • Filing.
  • Exercise?
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Driver will come and get my car so she can drive my kids around for their Wednesday evening stuff:  from youth group to food to math tutor to gymnastics and back home.
  • Kids' work (homework).
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 5

The weather is so nice today, 37* and sunny. I spent about an hour brushing my horses, which they loved. The shaggiest couple are already starting to shed.

My house is in total disarray from the construction work, plus my garage is full of pallets of wood flooring and cabinet doors. Can't wait till it's done and I can get it all tidied up.

• Like 5

I’m surprised that so many people give gifts on Valentine’s Day. We just say “Happy Valentine’s Day!â€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA! I tried to make a fancy dessert and now I am waiting for the Swiss Buttercreme Meringue to become "pipeable" before I have to leave. Next year, I am going back to saying "Happy Valentine's."  :)

• Like 4

On my 4th load of laundry.

Got the kitchen clean and somewhat straightened up so I can make dinner.

Repotted five houseplants.

Started a list of the many things we need to get at Lowe's.

Kids are at Model UN now.

I'm missing our old Fedex guy, who always delivered in the morning. The new guy never shows up until evening, or sometimes the middle of the night. :glare:

• Like 2