Menu

The Monday, Monday Teachers Thread 2-5-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all! It is definitely Monday. I'd like to have an extension between Sunday and Monday, please, and get a few more hours of sleep!

What are your plans for today? Here: woke up, took the dog out, read through and meditated on some Scripture. 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 proved to be quite thought-provoking for me today. Monday morning is supposed to be admin day for me although I often let other things distract me. Doing my best to not do that today. I do have some of my week planned already. But as I look at this afternoon, I see I've planned a time for art/music and just realized I have no actual lesson planned for that! Hmm . . . I'll figure something out, I'm sure. Most of the learning today will be cleaning (household and the taekwondo dojang).

Anything interesting happening this week? Here: the first Wednesday of every month is Senior Day at our local Kroger-affiliated store. I've begun to take my DD19 with me those days so her introvert self can practice and become more proficient at talking with people. And Friday, I'm going to here a gal talk about the relation between the food we eat and diseases in the body. Kind of funny that I like stuff like this even though I did horribly in biology in high school!

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 2

It's pretty nice here today, Scrap!  Well, the mood is sober here in Mudville.  But the sun is shining, and it is quiet, so there is that. :closedeyes:  Today's agenda includes school, shipping my kid off to his outside class, and getting everything ready for a busy day tomorrow. Oh, and we're hosting a playdate this afternoon.  Did you know that when an 8yo wants to impress a new friend, not only will he volunteer to do his chores, but he will take initiative and fully clean the game room?   :laugh: I didn't even have to sweep!

DS starts his first play rehearsals this week.  It'll be a new experience for both of us, and for the next three weeks he'll have hardly a free bit of time on Saturdays between those and skating.  We're slowly easing out of our winter into a nice spring, so everything is going to drop off little by little until April when we will go to a much more relaxed schedule to finish the year.

• Like 4

Hi Scrap!

Regular Monday here, though ds got a late start.
School, errands, Cub Scouts.

When my kids we're younger I used to love going to Kroger on senior day! I shop elsewhere most of the time now and Wed is a particularly busy day for us during the school yr, so I don't do it anymore. Our culture can be very age-stratified and individualized and some seniors don't get much interaction with kids, even as light as grocery line small talk.

This week: My mom is having shoulder surgery. That will take lots of my time, plus we will be keeping her dog for several weeks. Pinewood Derby for scouts tonight, AHG event and volunteer event for dd this weekend. I will work at my job whenever I can this week.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good morning, all! It is definitely Monday. I'd like to have an extension between Sunday and Monday, please, and get a few more hours of sleep!

What are your plans for today?

Anything interesting happening this week?

Talk to me! :bigear:

It says in my journal that I am:

1)Drafting more query letters for February's round (Done)

2)Writing 1000 words of my novel and 500 words each in two short stories (but I really like the way one is going right now and might write more than 500 words) (afternoon/evening)

3)School (in progress)

4)Housekeeping (done)

5)Reading--I have one more novel to read by a fellow writer, and it's going to be a slog for me because it's very, very violent and contains multiple POVs. Thriller/Adventure genre. (I'm procrastinating)

6)Sketching/drawing-I have a watercolor exercise I want to do on Thursday, and I need to start sketching for a graphic novel idea I have. (probably do that this afternoon/evening)

I hope more interesting things happen this week. Last week I had my first request--very exciting. :001_smile:

I've just got some traveling planned for the weekend. That's business, and probably not going to be very exciting unless the weather turns sour and we get snow and ice. Not in the forecast, but I've had it happen before.

That's about it. 

• Like 3

Definitely need more sleep.  I was still lying awake at 2am, and I had to get up at 7am today.

I have a busy start to my week - two science classes, a tutoring session and 4-H today, then one class (that I still have to prep for) and my first session as a STEM coordinator for a local company tomorrow.    The rest of the week should be quieter, my usual one class a day unless something gets cancelled because of snow.  Could happen with my Wednesday class.  Plus school, some housework.

Kids haven't been making TKD lately because dd is sick.  Just a cold but she gets the cough that never ends with every cold.  I didn't want to push her to go because I was worried about her picking up the flu while her resistance was down.

• Like 2

Plans for today: so many. Get kids caught up on chores that weren’t done last week due to illness. My own Monday chores. Planning for co-op classes. Need to run to the grocery store for an ingredient for dinner this evening

Interesting this week: not really, unless you count auto maintenance and taking kids to the dentist interesting.

• Like 1

On the sick kids note, ds13 chucked his breakfast not long after eating it this mornig. So...no school or TKD stuff for him until Wednesday. Lovely. that's okay - I'll focus on my daughter's lessons instead. She really needs to graduate come May!

Edited by scrapbookbuzz
  • Like 1

Hi, Scrap! I hope your son feels better soon and no one else gets it!

Today has already involved taking ds to ortho, some shopping, tutoring, and lunch prep. This afternoon will be school with ds, which includes showing him again how to do slides for a presentation type assignment. I'll have to make dinner and take ds to swim practice tonight, too. Sometime in there I need to do some more on a bible study and prep for more tutoring this week. 

I turn 51 this Saturday, but it won't be exciting. I have to be at a retreat Friday and Saturday, and dh takes his academic team to state competition, too. I don't know when we'll actually celebrate. We might not do anything until his winter break the week of President's Day. 

On the sick kids not, ds13 chucked his breakfast not long after eating it this mornig. So...no school or TKD stuff for him until Wednesday. Lovely. that's okay - I'll focus on my daughter's lessons instead. She really needs to graduate come May!

Oh that’s no fun! I hope he feels better quickly!